Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Petrie is out on loan?

Aye he's away back to Brechin for the rest of the season. He scored the third goal in their 3-2 win over Dunfermline last week.

It's good to see we've got cover in for central defence. Loan signings from Newcastle haven't worked out all that badly for St. Mirren in the past year and a bit so it could turn out we've got a talented player in for a short time to help us while he develops. Or he could easily be rubbish, it's hard to call with these kinds of deals. For example I remember we signed that young defender Warren Cummings on loan from Chelsea about 11 years ago and he was absolutely naff. The fact that Curtis Good is on a long contract at Newcastle doesn't count for much for me tbh. They have Pardew on a long contract up there and he's a complete arse.

Also I see Buaben's now signed up at Partick, it'll be a real downer if he plays tomorrow and ends up scoring. :(

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady on, kev! :lol:

Hopefully the Bretchin time does Petrie as much good as it did Goodie and Russell.

He was never prolific I know but these things always seem to happen in football.

It's certainly good that Petrie is getting the game time as he's held in the same regard as Souttar and Gauld by the likes of Stevie Campbell so that should set him up to make an impact on our first team next season.

Just heard from a very reliable source Gunning has been caught betting against United.

If this is true we should terminate his contract immediately.

Unfortunately I heard this again today, and as much as it pains me to say it, it was from a reliable source, not just someone who heard it from somewhere else.

Will reserve judgement until anything official comes out, or otherwise.

We needed another CB anyway even without any other nonsense, so we may still find ourselves short if there is any substance to this.

Apparently Oyenuga's been sent out on loan to Boreham Wood, a team in the English Conference. I guess we'll just have to find some way to struggle on without him for the rest of the season.

JMc's leaving the team awful thin. He must still be in the market, striker hopefully.

JMc's leaving the team awful thin. He must still be in the market, striker hopefully.

There's really no rush. United won't be paying a fee and there will be dozens, if not hundreds, of guys getting released today around Europe in the hope that they'll be able to get another club fixed up outside the transfer window. That includes plenty of players good enough to make a decent contribution at SPL level.

Edit: Not that I'm convinced we need another striker. We've had one out and one in*. We weren't massively short before the window so no reason that should be any different now. Ciftci and El Alagui now for a couple of weeks, for one position and then it'll be back to three players for one position when Graham gets fit again.

*(first team players obviously).

Can any of you guys tell me the script with Garry Kenneth? Is he fit? Is he still training with Utd?

Very surprised he is without a team

he is better than every defender at the club, therefore we loaned a young lad from Newcastle rather than sign him... I'm not overly convinced he was ever training with club, I believe we were giving a previously loyal player a bit of exposure in order to help him win a contract.

Ciftci's on trial again. However, the rumour on the grapevine is that arabzone have got some footage of the incident that actually shows a rogue linesman is driving his car very fast behind Nadir, putting pressure on him and causing him to drive so far over the speed limit. Crafty b*****ds.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-united-striker-nadir-ciftci-denies-driving-at-97mph-on-m90-1.207759?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Archived