Dundee United 2013/14 Season

But contracts for football players and contracts for most other occupations are not compatible. There must be a fair few football players who would like their clubs to terminate their contracts.

As Gavin Gunning's legal representative I would wish to advise you that this allegation is defamatory and that you should desist from repeating it.

I would also like to add Fleet Rule.

In that case I'd like to retract that previous post and apologise for whatever offence or harm it may have caused. Obviously Gavin Gunning wouldn't be caught dead out in public with a Lidl bag.

Oh and if the Kirkton Young Lads are still around then I wish to pledge my allegiance to them. F*ck Lochee like.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a United mad rumour, this is from a very good source. The story should be public in the next few days.

It seems Gunning has got himself in a bit of bother with a Glasgow firm and this firm has supposedly told him he better sign for Sevco in order to bring his debt down. Gunning supposedly has huge gambling issues.

He's some boy. :lol:

Heard a couple of rumours, i don't know if either are true. But i've heard from a few people about the alleged gambling debts so nothing would surprise me.

He's a decent player but he doesn't have a fucking brain. I heard he was very lucky to get into Russia for the Dynamo Moscow game after pulling faces at the Russian customs officers etc. A total brain donor by all accounts.

If the betting rumours are true and can be proven so then by any employment contract i've ever had that would be gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

You've had contracts which explictly state that betting against the employer amounts to gross misconduct?

This is not a United mad rumour, this is from a very good source. The story should be public in the next few days.

It seems Gunning has got himself in a bit of bother with a Glasgow firm and this firm has supposedly told him he better sign for Sevco in order to bring his debt down. Gunning supposedly has huge gambling issues.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

very good source? very good sir!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

very good source? very good sir!

You need to get a good grip of yourself.

"I heard that...." Blah blah blah...

"A very good source..." Blah blah blah....

"Apparently..." Blah blah blah...

Straying into David Icke territory here! Total conjecture and rumour.

Nice try, Gavin.

Should the Gunning betting scandal be proved then I am content with him staying on the proviso that he informs me in advance when Utd will lose and by what scoreline. I can then plan to a) not go the game and b) lump a considerable sum on the other team and correct score.

Anyone know when the St Johnstone game is likely to be played? Potentially after Thistle away this weekend we could be looking at 4 home games in a row - happy with that.

Why? You are the one spreading a made-up allegation about one of your own players!

Good source? Give us a break eh?

Because your a posting like a 12 year old imbecile. We are all adults, this is a discussion board, I heard a story from a someone who has good connection with the club and has never told me a bullshit story before, why wouldn't I share it?

Don't you think the fans should know if our stand-in captain is betting against the club in games he played...

The next time you don't like a story save yourself the embarrassment of posting like a kid and just say I don't believe this story.

Because your a posting like a 12 year old imbecile. We are all adults, this is a discussion board, I heard a story from a someone who has good connection with the club and has never told me a bullshit story before, why wouldn't I share it?

Don't you think the fans should know if our stand-in captain is betting against the club in games he played...

The next time you don't like a story save yourself the embarrassment of posting like a kid and just say I don't believe this story.

If it was anyone else posting it I wouldn't believe it either, but i know you are a man of integrity and high moral values so I have no hesitation in taking your word as gospel.

I remember when you posted the rumour about Sean Dillon being an alien. Proven true within a couple of days. Ignore the disbelievers peeeel.

No surprise the Fleet loving c**t is a hero of yours though eh.

Absolutely not. I even put a picture of him doing the fleet sign on facebook when he scored against us.

Ylfr

Because your a posting like a 12 year old imbecile.

If you say so. I would suggest a 12 year old imbecile would reply more like, "your mum bets against her own team!", or would actually believe what you've said, or would use the phrase, "from a good source".

I am not embarrassed by laughing at comments like yours, because that is what they are, laughable! And I will repeat it..... "this firm has supposedly told him he better sign for Sevco"

Let us ignore the word 'supposedly' as that is hilarious in it's own right when spreading a rumour from a 'good source', but consider the idea that a Glasgow firm is telling Gunning he 'better' sign for a specific football club. Hilarious!

I am not embarrassed one iota.

If you say so. I would suggest a 12 year old imbecile would reply more like, "your mum bets against her own team!", or would actually believe what you've said, or would use the phrase, "from a good source".

I am not embarrassed by laughing at comments like yours, because that is what they are, laughable! And I will repeat it..... "this firm has supposedly told him he better sign for Sevco"

Let us ignore the word 'supposedly' as that is hilarious in it's own right when spreading a rumour from a 'good source', but consider the idea that a Glasgow firm is telling Gunning he 'better' sign for a specific football club. Hilarious!

I am not embarrassed one iota.

If you don't think things like this happen in football, all I can say is you're naive as f**k.

Just out of interest what sanction would be available to the sfa if it was shown United knew their player was involved in betting of this nature but failed to act. Does it seem very likely that United would risk.whatever sanction was available to try and flog him?

The most severe sanction the SFA can inflict on us is to force us to buy John Brown out of his contract at Dundee and employ him as manager for the next decade. A truly horrific punishment.

Archived