Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Carey had been offered a deal?

Maybe, I haven't heard anything about it. All I knew was that he was being taken along to Germany after training with us a couple of times at St. Andrews, but he was still a trialist.

Reports from Germany, McLean has travelled home in order to talk with Ross County's officials.

This is my happy face > :)

Do you fancy a kickabout tomorrow Phil?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Do you fancy a kickabout tomorrow Phil?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I was thinking some fitness Tuesday, I'll see what the group fancy.

Reports from Germany, McLean has travelled home in order to talk with Ross County's officials.

This is my happy face > :)

*Sigh*

Seems a strange one, I thought we were pretty covered at the back. Del said he'll be bringing in one more so i'm suprised its a defender, no chance he'd be starting though. We defiantly need another striker/No.10 type player aswell..

If we can shift McLean off the wage bill then that would be a good move by McNamara. We've managed to get more cover at the back for this coming season that we are unlikely to end up in the nightmare situation that we had with our defense last season thanks to injury. We can probably do without McLean now. He's been dropped from being our no.4 to no.16 so it seems like he may have been told something similar to Richie Ryan with regards to his future.

He hasn't been as bad as the Motherwell fans were preparing us for, but he hasn't exactly been good either. If he goes now then I shall remember him more for helping dump Dundee out the cup than his defensive cock-ups. Dunno what Adams has seen in him though.

If we can shift McLean off the wage bill then that would be a good move by McNamara. We've managed to get more cover at the back for this coming season that we are unlikely to end up in the nightmare situation that we had with our defense last season thanks to injury. We can probably do without McLean now. He's been dropped from being our no.4 to no.16 so it seems like he may have been told something similar to Richie Ryan with regards to his future.

He hasn't been as bad as the Motherwell fans were preparing us for, but he hasn't exactly been good either. If he goes now then I shall remember him more for helping dump Dundee out the cup than his defensive cock-ups. Dunno what Adams has seen in him though.

I feel a little sorry for McLean. He's not very good but probably looked even worse because he was the guy asked to fill in when we were short at full back. Given a run of games, at centre half, in a decent team with a consistent well drilled defence, then he'd be a half decent player.

All that being said. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

I feel a little sorry for McLean. He's not very good but probably looked even worse because he was the guy asked to fill in when we were short at full back. Given a run of games, at centre half, in a decent team with a consistent well drilled defence, then he'd be a half decent player.

All that being said. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

I felt sorry for him at times too, because despite him being a bit of a liability at times, he became a target for all the boo boys at matches and got slaughtered even when he wasn't at fault. I remember him getting non-stop abuse around december time last season and being blamed for every defensive cock up despite the fact that Gunning particularly was sometimes playing just as badly.

The Daily Sevco:

Dundee United boss Jackie McNamara has a look at new defender.

McNAMARA will have a look at French defender Jean-Yves Koue at Dundee United’s Spanish training base.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/dundee-united-boss-jackie-mcnamara-2054118?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Also for anyone with kids or that enjoys these events:

This year's Open Day will be held on Sunday 4th of August from 12 noon until 3.30pm.

The Daily Sevco:

Dundee United boss Jackie McNamara has a look at new defender.

McNAMARA will have a look at French defender Jean-Yves Koue at Dundee United’s Spanish training base.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/dundee-united-boss-jackie-mcnamara-2054118?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I don't want any player at United call "Jean"; it brings back bad memories.

The latest from Costa del Sol:

Ryan Gauld is working with the physio after picking up a groin strain against Energie.

Interest in trialist Ismo Vostermans is now at an end.
Interest in Jean-Yves Koue continues.

Brian McLean has flown home for talks with Ross County. United won't be seeking afee if a deal is done.

David Goodwillie was given time off to attend a wedding over the weekend but will be back with the squad tomorrow.

Rather than Cordoba, United will now play CD San Roque on Friday at Estadio Ciudad de Lepe (looks like Almondvale!). Details TBC

That the same Mclean that nearly scored for both Dundee clubs in the cup game?

Yeah i think he has been scapegoated a fair bit by our fellow arabs, but jackies no fool he will have a replacement lined up so just have wait and see who the new regular LB will be :D

Archived