Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Pish, got any evidence for that or have you made it up. 

Said it before and i'll say it again the clubs cant take the TV money in one hand and tell fans they have to dig deep for ST's on the other. This is the first year in 15  i don't have ST. There will come a breaking point where clubs have to decide just how much the TV money is worth to them compared to bums on seats.

As folk drift away from the game its not just gate money but all the peripherals the club loses it out on. At the moment I don't doubt its worth it from the clubs' point of view otherwise they wouldn't do it. 

Football is a TV sport whether you like it or not. I accepted it a couple of years back. Diehards will always find a way to go. People drifting away has less to do with kickoff times and more to do with value for money.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but if i'm buying a season ticket kick off times and VFM are inextricably linked.

I'm still not sure I accept the argument that people actually care about the "product on the pitch". As long as united are on the pitch winning games in the SPL and progressing in cups I'm not sure i care how good the quality is compared to the team in the 80s.

Anyway, this argument has been done to death I just hope the clubs reliance on the tv cash at the expense of paying punters isn't sowing the seeds for a spectacular crash down the line.

Pish, got any evidence for that or have you made it up.

Said it before and i'll say it again the clubs cant take the TV money in one hand and tell fans they have to dig deep for ST's on the other. This is the first year in 15 i don't have ST. There will come a breaking point where clubs have to decide just how much the TV money is worth to them compared to bums on seats.

As folk drift away from the game its not just gate money but all the peripherals the club loses it out on. At the moment I don't doubt its worth it from the clubs' point of view otherwise they wouldn't do it.

I made it up. I make up everything I post on here. I'm not even a United supporter.

In fairness I probably should have started the sentence "I would hazard a guess that..." In retrospect I should have also substituted the word "arseholes" for the word "people".

The clubs have already taken the decision based on the financial realities; it won't change. SPL clubs in Scotland are caught between a rock and a hard place and I'm grateful for the approach ST is taking and for the patronage of the Thomson family over recent years. Christ knows here we'd be without it.

Yeah but if i'm buying a season ticket kick off times and VFM are inextricably linked.

I'm still not sure I accept the argument that people actually care about the "product on the pitch". As long as united are on the pitch winning games in the SPL and progressing in cups I'm not sure i care how good the quality is compared to the team in the 80s.

Anyway, this argument has been done to death I just hope the clubs reliance on the tv cash at the expense of paying punters isn't sowing the seeds for a spectacular crash down the line.

I can't guarantee getting to games therefore I don't buy an ST at the moment. Value for money is a hugely important issue, especially when there are so many other avenues for you to go down and spend your hard-earned on. The days of blindly following your team through rain, wind and shine are over for many people. The expense for many is just too much on a weekly basis.

Edit: there may well be a spectacular crash down the line. I actually agree about football on TV, there's far too much of it. But at this moment SPFLPL clubs cannot do without it, that is a certainty.

Not seen it myself, but McNamara supposedly quoted today saying Ryan has been told he can leave.

It's on the Sky website that McNamara told him he'll have a hard time getting game time so he'll be allowed to leave if he wants to

Flair and nae end product.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Whit???

63 games 12 goals and 17 assists in league and cups, so makes or scores a goal every other game? That's not to mention the amount of fouls and bookings he draws in and around the box.

Where about in Gowrie do you stay, I'm going to come round and trample your flower beds !!

Archived