Dundee United 2013/14 Season

In all seriousness, when it comes to GMS, I personally couldn't put a value on his head, he is without doubt the most exciting player to grace Tannadice. I've been going to the games since we signed Charlie Miller roughly, however I have never felt the buzz and anticipation that gathers as the ball is played down the left hand side. GMS is a different breed of talent, however at times he does feel like a luxury player, therefore GMS is exactly the type of player who puts bums on seats.

If GMS was at a bigger club, he would be a little bit more of a Paddy McCourt type, but at Tannadice he is the main attraction and to replace him would cost in excess of £1million.

He seems a good lad and seems to have his head screwed on, as for the contractual situation I believe he is signed up till 2015, so with that time on his contract there is no chance on hell that Steve T would let him leave for less than £1m, I imagine other will have a different opinion on the lad but as a one time flair player myself, GMS is priceless!

So I guess the point I'm making with all this dribble is GMS at present is worth more than £1m too the fans, the chairman and the club, therefore is worth more than £1m.

Edit: Sweeper's probably trolling us :lol:

RE Edit: I probably should have left this to Granny, Nomad, Captain or PMS. They are usually pretty good at saying how it is.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dutch defender Ismo Vostermans is on trial and will play alongside other trialists in tomorrow's game.

Not a former fans favourite to the best of my knowledge, so must either have EPL experience or be an international with World Cup finals experience.

Not a former fans favourite to the best of my knowledge, so must either have EPL experience or be an international with World Cup finals experience.

Do we know who they were yet? I've not been keeping up recently, I thought te fans favourite was Jimmy, the premiership experience was McManus and no idea who the World Cup "star" was but it was probably spin and was really a shite squad player from the under-20 World Cup.

Mind you, Jason Scotland was all three descriptions in one.

Do we know who they were yet? I've not been keeping up recently, I thought te fans favourite was Jimmy, the premiership experience was McManus and no idea who the World Cup "star" was but it was probably spin and was really a shite squad player from the under-20 World Cup.

The Scotland internationalist is Berra, so I believe anyway. McMannus is with Motherwell on their pre-season tour.

Apparently we are taking Jean-Yves Koue Niate on trial, a French central defender. He doesn't have a Wikipedia page so I don't think he is a real person (that's how the world works these days)

If we're not restricted to real players then I've got a couple of cracking centre halves at my all-conquering Borussia Dortmund side who I could let United have on the cheap (nudge nudge). We'll have to wait until at least 2035 though as they haven't been born yet.

GMS is one of the few players you don't mind paying £20 to see in this league.

Very exciting talent.Easily the most exciting since McFadden came onto the scene, should easily get a huge transfer fee. The English clubs are going to go even more mental over the next few years when the SKY money really kicks in.

How long has he got on his contract?

Apparently we are taking Jean-Yves Koue Niate on trial, a French central defender. He doesn't have a Wikipedia page so I don't think he is a real person (that's how the world works these days)

Do you have a Wikipedia page? If not who typed this post?

Ryan Ferguson going on loan to Dunfermline?

I'm mates with his cousin, I'll text him and ask. Attacking midfielder. Can play wide and has a decent eye for goal. Dunfermline would be a good loan move for him IMO.

Darren Jackson, Simon Donnely and Jackie McNamara

We must have signed Cîfçtî up as he was listed on the team sheet by name not "trialist".

I don't think we have tbh. The United facebook commentary feed for the friendly said in a post about our starting line-up that both Cîfçtî and Carey are still trialists.

Archived