Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And you don't think Rangers are any better equipped to take advantage?

Nope. They were flat track bullies and got the odd surprising result in Europe last season. They also looked better in direct contests with Celtic. I am willing to accept the remote possibility I might be wrong but I suspect they are about as much of a threat as Hearts, who were dominating the Premiership this time last year. 

Edited by The OP

Nope. They were flat track bullies and got the odd surprising result in Europe last season. They also looked better in direct contests with Celtic. I am willing to accept the remote possibility I might be wrong but I suspect they are about as much of a threat as Hearts, who were dominating the Premiership this time last year. 

Hearts won the league by October last year so you must be pretty fucking worried.

8 minutes ago, The OP said:

Fair play to you for having such faith in your team. Personally I think we will be revisiting this topic though. 

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Aberdeen boys - You have a worse manager than last season

Me - We have the same manager as last season (waits in anticipation for the predictable response)

Aberdeen boys - At this stage last season?

Me - We were fifth third (rather than second at this stage last season)

Aberdeen boys - I am not sure what my point is because I assumed victory at a very early stage but I'm going to keep responding

Ah, so you fucked it up. Grand.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Ah, so you fucked it up. Grand.

That is the complete opposite of fucking it up. Mark Twain should've said "Never argue with an idiot because even when you trap them into making a point which defeats their own argument they will claim victory". 

That is the complete opposite of fucking it up. Mark Twain should've said "Never argue with an idiot because even when you trap them into making a point which defeats their own argument they will claim victory". 

So who are we applying that quote to here?

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So who are we applying that quote to here?

Seems like Merkland Red has jumped in on behalf of Bairnardo who (to be fair) seems to have gotten the point that the "better manager" referred to performed worse than the current manager at the same stage last season and the current manager won the league. 

Obviously the **** are performing better and everyone else far worse, but the other point is I do not think this will last or that they will best us in head-to-head meetings. 

Edited by The OP

Seems like Merkland Red has jumped in on behalf of Bairnardo who (to be fair) seems to have gotten the point that the "better manager" referred to performed worse than the current manager at the same stage last season. 
Obviously the **** are performing better and everyone else far worse, but the other point is I do not think this will last or that they will best us in head-to-head meetings. 

I didn’t need a serious response tbf, I’m not really bothered about this debate I’m just killing time.

I still think Celtic are the better side and it’s too early to tell anything. It will probably be closer though now that rangers seem to be seeing off the rest of us consistently.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Celtic won the league on 87 points last season there is still 90 to play for.

I'm not ready to take you seriously after your performance on Sunday tbh.

You're making a serious point on a let's have a laugh thread.

When every team in the league can still win it, it's strange you are only making a case for sevco?

It is an absolute waste of time trying to argue with Mr Willy as he’s obviously in an “I’ll argue that black is white until I’m blue in the face” mood. I mean, he’s not even willing to admit that his team have a different manager than this time last season. Best just to leave him alone.

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It is an absolute waste of time trying to argue with Mr Willy as he’s obviously in an “I’ll argue that black is white until I’m blue in the face” mood. I mean, he’s not even willing to admit that his team have a different manager than this time last season. Best just to leave him alone.

That's just crazy talk it was the OP that said Lennon has made a better start to the season than Rodgers did.

But you sheep seem to have wool in your ears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have very little interest in Arsenal, English football or players we punted for £25 million.

You continue scouring the highlights of other leagues though and give us all a shout when a former Celtic player has a poor game.