Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

What's Lee Hollis like? He's signed for us on a short term contract for cover, might end up playing in the derby on Sunday as Scott Gallagher has apparently twisted his ankle.

Can't say I am over enamoured as e never looked the most confident but needs must. Hopefully he proves me wrong for having doubts.

Honestly - he's an average keeper in almost every way - but I don't think he'll let you down over a short term loan. He followed probably the best keeper we've ever had in Randolph and it was painfully evident that Hollis wasn't in the same league - but for me he was the best of the two keepers we had last season (excluding Twardzik, our emergency loan). He has a terrible record with injuries - hope he can actually complete the loan without seeing the treatment table ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Lee Hollis like? He's signed for us on a short term contract for cover, might end up playing in the derby on Sunday as Scott Gallagher has apparently twisted his ankle.

Can't say I am over enamoured as e never looked the most confident but needs must. Hopefully he proves me wrong for having doubts.

Reliable

Shite, very shite

• 2 weeks later...

Is that the guy that was on trial at st Johnstone last year and they said no?

We wanted to sign him, but Anderson picked up a bad injury so we signed defensive cover instead.

A good signing for Clyde if it is true.

He last played for us many years ago, so hard to tell how good he is at anything other than footiegolf or whatever it is/was they were playing in Portugal instead of preparing for Europe !!

McCall felt he was not the type of striker we were after.

Good luck to him and hope he comes back strong as long as we do not draw you in the Scottish Cup.

Rumour were signing David Clarkson. Thoughts and opinions good or bad. Regards

He played two games for us this Summer on trial. Doesn't seem to be a goalscorer, but he drops deep and tries to link the play and will set up more chances than anything.

Honestly, I think he's easily good enough for League Two if the team around him play to his strengths, if you don't then he'll struggle.

• 2 weeks later...
welldaft, on 14 Sept 2014 - 09:30, said:

If that were true I would go for Paul Hartley........

McCall's worked under Warnock before at Sheffield United. Obvious candidate. Doubt Hartley would go due to having no connection at all. Doubt any committed Prem manager would go in fact, unless they had a close relationship with Warnock and could trust that they'd definitely be the one taking over if things went well.

McCall's worked under Warnock before at Sheffield United. Obvious candidate. Doubt Hartley would go due to having no connection at all. Doubt any committed Prem manager would go in fact, unless they had a close relationship with Warnock and could trust that they'd definitely be the one taking over if things went well.

I think he meant Hartley as a replacement for McCall. Obviously wouldn't happen though.

Archived