The East Fife Thread

iWish Gary all the best, he is one of only two managers to bring silverware to Bayview in the last God knows how many years.Vfery true to say we are only now in the same position as when he took over. The football on show this season has been all too predictable and honestly becoming a bit of a chore to watch.going by the crowd on Tuesday it doesn't look like I'm the only fan who thinks that. If I was given the board any advice I would ask that they pick a new manager who sees the game being played with a bit of attacking adventure . No name really springs to mind so the board should ask for cvs from interested parties and take their time to get the right man.As has been said whoever it may be has a a few big hurdles to get over early in the job as we urgently need players. Also the matter of no wins since September ,let's hope we get the new manager bounce.

23 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

good luck to Gary and Dougie genuine guys I wish them well. Goodness have the cuckoos been let out the asylum Dick Campbell I'm away to lie down

Funny thing was seen dick at Bayview on Tuesday could put 2 and 2 together and get 5 but I think Arbroath playing Edinburgh tomorrow, so hopefully just a scouting mission.

Would expect Greig McDonald is someone the board will be considering if he is interested in returning in a management capacity. Clearly a top player and leader for the club not so long ago and he done a job on Naysmith in that play-off final!

3 hours ago, fifer67 said:

iWish Gary all the best, he is one of only two managers to bring silverware to Bayview in the last God knows how many years.Vfery true to say we are only now in the same position as when he took over. The football on show this season has been all too predictable and honestly becoming a bit of a chore to watch.going by the crowd on Tuesday it doesn't look like I'm the only fan who thinks that. If I was given the board any advice I would ask that they pick a new manager who sees the game being played with a bit of attacking adventure . No name really springs to mind so the board should ask for cvs from interested parties and take their time to get the right man.As has been said whoever it may be has a a few big hurdles to get over early in the job as we urgently need players. Also the matter of no wins since September ,let's hope we get the new manager bounce.

I'm with fifer67, I can't think of anyone not employed at the moment that I would say "ye lets get him" so I would like to see us go down the CV route and see who wants to start/restart their managerial career, we also need a leader on the park in the same mould as Steven Tweed.

4 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Kevin Smith would be horrific!

What info and insight do have that make you say that?

Good luck to Gary, Dougie and QoS, I think they will all need it :-)

11 hours ago, east fife for life said:

I'm genuinely shocked he's got move to bigger club as he's left us in shit state. Good luck to Gary all the same

Cheap option for Qos am stunned by the appointment.  Never done much at EF Imo must have been good at the interview. 

I think Tam Courts would be the right man to replace Naysmith. Young manager who has done a great job at Kelty and could bring in some of the better players from the junior game to bolster our squad. 

They'd need to offer decent money for any of Kelty's players the wages they pay

10 hours ago, east fife for life said:

We need an experienced manager! f**k appointing another rookie. Dick Campbell fits the bill, knows the lower leagues inside out

Why would DC take on the East Fife job, better off at Arbroath.  He is on a one year rolling contract and would not be a cheap option for sure.

2 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Because he's 29 and completely untested. We've shown over the years that first time managers are completely hit or miss

That's true of every experienced OR untested manager I've witnessed over the last 56 years of watching EFFC.

Davie Clark was 29 when appointed manager and was untested, Stevie Archibald (31) was untested, Pat Quin (33) was untested....................

Alex Totten was an experienced manager, Jimmy Bone was an experienced manager, John Roberson, Billy Brown.........................

Surely that's not your only criteria was dismissing Kevin Smith as a candidate (I have no idea if he would be interested).

Edited by McBrian