The East Fife Thread

Would expect Greig McDonald is someone the board will be considering if he is interested in returning in a management capacity. Clearly a top player and leader for the club not so long ago and he done a job on Naysmith in that play-off final!

Mcdonald didn't do all that we'll at Stirling. I think that would be a heart over head appointment

Definitely not an appointment your board should be even considering. Yip, nice guy who was popular in the dressing room but he had Jordan White who fired us to promotion and then had a squad that was terrible and always certain to drop with a whimper.

Sure, he'll get another crack at management somewhere but at East Fife in a team that is, going by this thread, struggling, then it would be a foolish move by your board.

1 hour ago, Fitba Tips said:

So, is GN still in charge and playing on Monday night?

GN is still in charge and will be playing his final game against Edinburgh City.

With regards to the new manager, I would prefer an experienced manager who knows the lower leagues inside out and has plenty of contacts in the game.

I do not envy the new managers job in December , prior to the transfer window opening, as he will soon discover the lack of players within the squad.

GN got away with it last season , thanks in no small part , to the lack of bookings within the team. This season however has been a different matter.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Definitely not an appointment your board should be even considering. Yip, nice guy who was popular in the dressing room but he had Jordan White who fired us to promotion and then had a squad that was terrible and always certain to drop with a whimper.

Sure, he'll get another crack at management somewhere but at East Fife in a team that is, going by this thread, struggling, then it would be a foolish move by your board.

Jordan White :lol:

Glad to see the board going about this the right way by asking for cvs from interested parties.All to often in the past we have promoted within and not looked at other options. Should be a decent bit of interest from either people with management expierience,or x players looking to take up their first management post. East Fife over the years have had our share of player managers , and I was thinking outside the box and wondering if John Rankin now at Falkirk has any ambition to get into management. He has a wealth of footballing expierience and comes across well on radio Scotland when I have heard him. would also be a good playing appointment.

Think John Rankin would be good as a player/Assistant, but given our present predicament, I think we need someone with management experience. Having fought our way out of League 2, the last thing we need is to go back down again. Gary would be the first to admit that he made mistakes early in his tenure at Bayview due to his lack of experience and we can't afford the new manager making similar mistakes.

I'm happy for the Board to take time to make the right appointment but at the same time we need some stability quickly as we don't want to be cut adrift in the play off spot. We have to start picking up points quickly hopefully starting at Brechin but the following two games against Peterhead and Stenhousemuir could go a long way to defining our season. 

With loan spells of O'Hara, Hurst & Kerr up at the end of the month, plus losing Gary as a player, leaves us extremely short in terms of numbers. The sooner a new manager gets started will give him 3 or 4 games to assess the squad and to try to bolster the squad with new signings in January. Whoever comes in, hopefully has contacts at other clubs that he can use wisely to get us away from the bottom of the league.

9 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

Think John Rankin would be good as a player/Assistant, but given our present predicament, I think we need someone with management experience. Having fought our way out of League 2, the last thing we need is to go back down again. Gary would be the first to admit that he made mistakes early in his tenure at Bayview due to his lack of experience and we can't afford the new manager making similar mistakes.

I'm happy for the Board to take time to make the right appointment but at the same time we need some stability quickly as we don't want to be cut adrift in the play off spot. We have to start picking up points quickly hopefully starting at Brechin but the following two games against Peterhead and Stenhousemuir could go a long way to defining our season. 

With loan spells of O'Hara, Hurst & Kerr up at the end of the month, plus losing Gary as a player, leaves us extremely short in terms of numbers. The sooner a new manager gets started will give him 3 or 4 games to assess the squad and to try to bolster the squad with new signings in January. Whoever comes in, hopefully has contacts at other clubs that he can use wisely to get us away from the bottom of the league.

Gary admitting even up to last Tuesday that he was still making mistakes, he said he got it wrong with his tactics against Edinburgh city. Obviously if a good experienced manager shows interest it's a no brainier to offer him the job. I agree who ever it is will have a lot to do over the next month. John Rankin a good model pro who keeps himself in great physical condition and is a good leader. I know that any untried manager is a gamble and the safer option is to go with expierence, but a lot of clubs at our level bring in first time managers.

He's on his way . Trust me :whistle 

If he is, but I have my doubts, so be it, we will wish the " team switching scumbag" all the best and move on, but I said earlier I have my doubts

Always came across as a decent, committed guy when playing with us. I was quite impressed with his Stirling side I saw beat us to gain promotion. Looked pretty solid and balanced. A few youngsters in there too which looked like was going to bode well for Stirling. How did he do in the loan market with you guys? Something that is critical for any replacement for GN IMO.

Definitely one to throw into the hat for me given his style of contribution to the club as a player and the lack of any other stand out candidates.