The East Fife Thread

53 minutes ago, taysider99 said:

Big task now to find the right man to keep us up and finish mid table then push on next season hopefully dougie anderson sticks around for the next 2 or 3 after gary's last on monday so that we can keep stability till we find the right candidate

Anderson is heading to Palmerston too, according to the East Fife website.

It's a difficult one for me. Started with us in 9th in League 1 and finished in the same spot. It's difficult to say whether we'd have won the league without Fash last year but it would have been close. I feel Naysmith's huge likeability makes him very popular with the fans however so it makes it sad to see him go. Was the football on offer fantastic? Maybe not but I think he'll do well with a FT team.
New manager thoughts? I'd like to go outside the box and try someone like a Stuart Milne type. Got his A licence and doing well at St Andrews Uni. Alongside someone experienced. That or Jim Moffat !!

A vital appointment given the league position and current form.Convinced that Gary Naysmith would have kept us up but a difficult job for a new manager with a tiny squad including 4 loanees.We no longer have a natural left back at the club.The transfer window will be make or break so preferably someone with current knowledge of lower league players.

Disappointed, but that's the name of the game when following East Fife.

I quite liked Naysmith. I think he was honest most definately still learning. The support are patient with him and that's a revelation in itself at Bayview!

Personally i think QotS has come way too early for him and he'll be found wanting. Another season or two at Bayview and who knows? He's got it wrong this season and the league table doesn't lie. Squad is threadbare and that lies with him. No excuse for that really.

That said, he's left us where he found us and looks as though yet another relegation battle is on the cards.

Do I wish him well? Not really. He's left us 2nd bottom and with a squad barely capable of mustering a decent starting 11.

Do i wish him good luck? Well, yes. He's going to need it.

All the best to Gary. A genuine, honest and hardworking guy who deserves a crack at full time football. He done everything he could for us, he never had an excuse for anything, always gave 100%.

Even though we are 9th in the league, Gary will be greatly missed and leaves on good terms. A very likeable manager who I hope to see managing in the top flight in a couple of years.
Hope to see a big crowd at Meadowbank on Monday to give Gary the send off he deserves, mtf

All the best to Gary. A genuine, honest and hardworking guy who deserves a crack at full time football. He done everything he could for us, he never had an excuse for anything, always gave 100%.

Even though we are 9th in the league, Gary will be greatly missed and leaves on good terms. A very likeable manager who I hope to see managing in the top flight in a couple of years.
Hope to see a big crowd at Meadowbank on Monday to give Gary the send off he deserves, mtf

With sound financial backing and the opportunity to have a crack at Full Time football, I see no reason why Naysmith won't be a success. Obviously gutted but I wish him and Dougie all the best at QoS. Getting the right replacement in will be crucial now in our current situation. Would love to bring back John Robertson who had EF playing some the best football I'd seen from us in recent years. Obviously can't happen due to travel issues. Kevin Smith player/manager?  

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ian Murray showing a bit of interest in this job. I also wouldn't be surprised if he ended up doing quite well - though his choice of assistant would be crucial.

Just a guess mind you, I am not #ITK here.

That's the first thing that came into my head when I seen Naysmith was on his way to Queens.

Although I did get the impression he felt he was above part-time football towards the end of his time with ourselves.