The East Fife Thread

Are you telling us that the Club do not even own the land their own training pitches are situated on???

i and many others were under the impression that the land with the ridiculous solar panels on it is the land that was sold off, if the Club has sold any more than that to outside interests then the Board are definitely guilty of selling off the family silverware and Ratb*****d Rankine must still be laughing up his sleeve yet!!!

Edited by King Kebab

The club ownership situation is a bit of a joke. There was some promise after the Lee Murray debacle that we might be able to tender an offer to get Rankine/Samantha away from the club, but the fact remains that he's a greedy b*****d and it appears he won't sell.

Can anyone confirm what % of the income East Fife will get from the use of the pitch? It's all well and good saying it can be used every day for the next 5 years, but if we're not getting any money from it then what's the point? I'm worried that the "owners" might see fit to take their cut.

I was never involved in the initial fans attempt at purchasing the club; is this officially on the back burner? It's difficult to see how we as a club can progress when we're towing the Rankine caravan everywhere we go.

Seem to recall that the initial proposal is that the pitch would be a community asset and that very little income would be going to the Club, could be wrong though it was a little while ago that all this was announced, is that not one of the reasons the Club got it in favour of King George V park? That very little extra building work would be required meaning more proceeds to the "Communtiy" whatever that is?

We're absolutely in no legal position to profit from this as it's being paid for using public money. I've said this before and I'll say it again; King George was the only suitable option for this project. King George would have at least provided access to more sports (not just football), more participation, more value for money etc. The ownership of East Fife FC is still to this day unclear, and for the local councillors to recklessly invest local money into it, is frankly, astonishing. I'm an East Fife fan but I'm shaking my head in despair at this and will not be supporting the decision. 

I maybe missing something here but did the the councillors not consider all option then make a decision. Obviously your favoured option was considered and rejected so get over it. Put the dummy title back in and support the efforts of a charity aimed at helping develop a community. Alternatively you could emigrate to Australia

First & foremost every one of the previous posters knows me or at least an other member of the FFTC group so why not just come up to us at a game & ask? Its not rocket science!

The club wants Bayview to be the hub of the local community & thats what this project will ensure. Some members of previous boards did their very best to alienate large chunks of the local community & the current board are trying to redress that.

Dave Marshall made a very valid point at the FFTC launch, hours wise Bayview is used approximately 5 days per year the rest of the time it stands empty, a shocking waste of a facility. WIth the new pitch in place it could be used 10 hours per day 365 days of the year. It will be open for ANY group or individual to use & opens the stadium up to use by a multitude of groups not just for football.

The surface, which incidently will go from wall to wall, will be the best that can be purchased. We have sought out the views of Gary Naysmith & his coaching staff as well as every other club that has a 3G surface & these were all taken into account when preparing the tender document.

This is not just about East Fife Football Club, its a whole wider context and it WILL be fantastic for the area

On 10/20/2016 at 08:26, King Kebab said:

Are you telling us that the Club do not even own the land their own training pitches are situated on???

i and many others were under the impression that the land with the ridiculous solar panels on it is the land that was sold off, if the Club has sold any more than that to outside interests then the Board are definitely guilty of selling off the family silverware and Ratb*****d Rankine must still be laughing up his sleeve yet!!!

What exactly is ridiculous about the club generating renewable energy to cut their overheads? It's surely forward thinking...   

What exactly is ridiculous about the club generating renewable energy to cut their overheads? It's surely forward thinking...   

Was the implementation of the panels free and the company who installed gets a % of the income? Or did the club pay for them to be installed? Genuinely just wondering.

As far as my previous posts above go; I may be wrong but I believe yourself and Liam are involved at board level. Can you update me on the ownership of the club, the supporters bid to takeover and the clubs finances? I tried to find points 1 and 3 myself online but information is few and far between and what I could find let me to believe we're not in a great place financially. Again fair enough if you can't or aren't allowed to put the answers in the public domain.

All financial matters will be reported to the shareholders at the AGM in December. (& there is nothing sinister in that comment btw!)

The full directors bid to gain control of the majority shareholding is their private matter & I am not party to that info but what I can say is that the Trust's bid was dismissed out of hand by the major shareholders & that is a matter of public knowledge. The figure they were looking for in the Trust's opinion is way over the actual value of the club.

In all seriousness I know that any board member whether full or associate would be delighted to speak to any supporter face to face. There is always information that has to be divulged to shareholders first then it is in the public domain but what information can be given will be. The Chairman has been quite open when addressing the Supporters' Club meetings & in The Bayview about the renewable energy developments at the Club & I am sure will continue to do so as & when developments occur.

We weren't at our best today but throughout the game we showed that we can play football. Defence looked solid special mention to Jason Kerr who was my man of the match today. Bit harsh to leave him out last couple games but he proved today why he should be starting.

We didn't have much options of the bench, but thought shagger looked very sharp when he came on and showed a few decent touches. Sitting 7th in the league is far from ideal, but not to worry. I'm 110% positive that Gary and the boys can turn this around, just need a win to give that extra bit confidence.
Overall thoroughly enjoyed my day out to Stranraer. Well run club full of welcoming people.
Special mention to Liam Anderson who managed to get me and a few others tickets for the game, very nice gesture it's appreciated mate. Mon the fife

Congratulations East Fife Ladies on being champions  of SWFL Disision 1.

Over to you chaps!!!

League Table

PLD W D L GD PTS
East Fife
22 22 0 0 99 66
Dunfermline Athletic
22 16 1 5 49 49
Aberdeen Reserves
22 12 2 8 36 38
Central Girls Football Academy Wasps
20 11 4 5 12 37
Forfar Farmington Development