The East Fife Thread

Good luck to Scott , a very good player & never hid the fact he wanted FT football.
Gary Naysmith gave him the chance to get fit & to allow Scott the chance to enjoy his football & he's repaid this faith by being instrumental in securing our Lge status.
As for those on here that's sick of the club not holding onto their best assets then name me 1 team in Scotland that can? I'd much rather have players moving up the leagues than being released for them to play junior football.
On the subject of Ross Brown then I for 1 hope he signs, he's played in various positions, been substituted (imo) unfairly & been benched at times but turns up the next week & gets on with it. A very honest & loyal player (thinks he's been at EF 7/8yrs?) & a player you can count on to roll up his sleeves & battle for the team . If any fan doesn't rate him then they're entitled to their opinion but the only opinion that matters is the various managers we've had that play him.

Good luck to Scott , a very good player & never hid the fact he wanted FT football.
Gary Naysmith gave him the chance to get fit & to allow Scott the chance to enjoy his football & he's repaid this faith by being instrumental in securing our Lge status.
As for those on here that's sick of the club not holding onto their best assets then name me 1 team in Scotland that can? I'd much rather have players moving up the leagues than being released for them to play junior football.
On the subject of Ross Brown then I for 1 hope he signs, he's played in various positions, been substituted (imo) unfairly & been benched at times but turns up the next week & gets on with it. A very honest & loyal player (thinks he's been at EF 7/8yrs?) & a player you can count on to roll up his sleeves & battle for the team . If any fan doesn't rate him then they're entitled to their opinion but the only opinion that matters is the various managers we've had that play him.

Isn't Ross actually a central midfielder? Can't remember the last time he's played there consistently. Hope he's still here next season.

8 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

The words aimed at those running the club are a tad harsh. As much as I enjoy a good moan (see season ticket prices) the people at board level clearly work very hard and do all they can for the club and that should be appreciated. Is it annoying that our owner would rather keep us till its profitable to sell on? Yes, we all know he/she doesn't care, but unless someone arrives with the finances to put a serious offer in then we're sort of stuck.

As an aside, does anyone know the story of how wee Samantha was able to procure our club?

Definitely agree the people running club and the volunteers are to be praised. I don't always agree with their decisions however I respect  their right to make them.

I would wish any player capable of going full time best wishes and thank them for their efforts for East Fife

Can't really understand that one, Brown is probably a decent League 1 player and not much more IMO. Was really surprised when he got our POTY as there were at least 3-4 (Kerr, Page, Kane, Robinson) who deserved it over him. However he does give his all every match and seemed to be a bit of a fans favourite.

Wish him all the best at Livi but I'd be surprised if he manages the step up to Championship football.

Stop pinchin' oor players! 

Fair play, Ross has worked hard to get to where he is and if you're offered full time football with a reasonable commute you can't say no. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on as I never really thought he excelled at this level (See Mercer), although he did have a couple of belting performances against Livi particularly in the cup game.

24 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

'If you can't beat them... Sign them.'

Jame Insall might be next to sign for Livingston.

With his drug issue hanging over him.... he's a shoe in to sign for us :D I'm sure Martindale can pay him in his own special way!

In other news, looking forward to seeing how East Fife's 2017/18 Championship Campaign pans out

Just now, Mon_The_Fife said:

'If you can't beat them... Sign them.'

Jame Insall might be next to sign for Livingston.

Don't think Insall is good enough tbh, not going by his goals tally and not getting a regular starting place for East Fife. Just seemed to have a couple of good games against us. Wouldn't mind Hurst though, and your RB if he's any good.