The East Fife Thread

Our Season Tickets are now on sale.

With regard to the price increase for next season, we could not sustain the ever increasing costs to the club without a small increase as it was 2008 when the last increase on adult prices took place.

During the last 9 years VAT has increased, the minimum wage has gone up and all other services have significantly increased in this time, whilst it has become increasingly difficult to attract investment to the club. We will always try to keep our prices as low as we can where possible.

Yours in Sport,

The Board of Directors – East Fife Football Club

Nothing above changes why such a large increase, as said before I could handle say 10% not 27%, nothing above justifies that. Sorry I am PATG next year for the games based on where I sit.

VAT increased in 2011 to 20% - 6 years ago.

Minimum wage went up this year and has increased by 4%

Investment to the club, eh why are the fans having to take on that burden, its the directors that should be attracting the sponsors and more fans to the ground etc.

Others can have their own views.

Edited by Brucelee1973

East Fife managers have been working with reduced budgets/Squads for many years now.

The club have benefited from transfers from Naysmith,Anderson,Mercer & Fash, they have also benefited from several good cup draws ,Dundee,Rangers,Motherwell,St.Mirren & also higher League placings.

Money was also generated from the sale of surrounding land at Bayview.

Savings will be made with no pitch maintenance & electricity savings have been made with hooking up to renewable energy source.

Money will be generated from rental of the plastic pitch but none of this money is going to the club! !

With the exception of a discount at the club shop season tickets at East Fife offer nothing else compared to other clubs where you can enter Friendlies, cup games & discounts to hospitality.

Other clubs have been able to offer excellent season ticket packages without blaming VAT etc

The club harp on about no increases in recent years but I, like many stood by the club & bought season tickets when league finishes were poor & even after relegation.

I won't be renewing as the clubs loyalty to Season Ticket holders is disgraceful & will PATG to selected games next season.

I got a message via email about this one, not sure if it was to folks that asked the question or to all season ticket holders.

Its copied word for word in my previous post

I genuinely feel sad having to write these things and the club has stepped forward. Lots of good things happening but really.... VAT, Min Wage and cant attract sponsors is the reason, sounds like a finger in the air decision and hope for the best. I think they have forgot the lifeblood of the club, the paying fans, We too have paid more VAT, perhaps not had a wage increase and still turn out for the club.... and to word the email as a "Small Increase" is embarrassing. 27%-40% cant be classed as a small increase. Perhaps I will go ask my boss for a small increase in wages tomorrow, can only try :)

Edited by Brucelee1973

We need to generate the income to attract the standard of player to allow us to compete at this level. Perhaps the club made a mistake in freezing the prices for nine years but would the season ticket holders rather we reduced the manager's budget and find ourselves in the situation that Cowdenbeath find themselves in? We have to consolidate our position of being one of best part-time sides in the country but need to generate the income in order to fund this. The club is working hard on all fronts to achieve this, hospitality packages are proving popular and other commercial opportunities are being explored. We are currently the only club in Scotland whose ground is powered (excluding floodlights) by wind and solar energy. We are in a good place on and off the park at the moment but we need to pull together and continue to be forward thinking to keep this going, and unfortunately it was felt necessary to increase the prices next season in order to sustain this...  

We need to generate the income to attract the standard of player to allow us to compete at this level. Perhaps the club made a mistake in freezing the prices for nine years but would the season ticket holders rather we reduced the manager's budget and find ourselves in the situation that Cowdenbeath find themselves in? We have to consolidate our position of being one of best part-time sides in the country but need to generate the income in order to fund this. The club is working hard on all fronts to achieve this, hospitality packages are proving popular and other commercial opportunities are being explored. We are currently the only club in Scotland whose ground is powered (excluding floodlights) by wind and solar energy. We are in a good place on and off the park at the moment but we need to pull together and continue to be forward thinking to keep this going, and unfortunately it was felt necessary to increase the prices next season in order to sustain this...  

Agreed but not the levels that it has went up in 1 year, set out a 3 year plan and what is trying to be achieved and get the ST holders and the EFSC behind the plan. That way there won't be a backlash like this, I really find it strange that there is much defence to what has been put forward. Its clear that a lot of fans are not happy but the reasons given are well, just mince :(

How does the club propose to generate income if theres a drop in demand for Season Tickets & lower gates with fans not able to afford the increase ?
I'm glad your using Cowdenbeath as a comparison as Bayview will soon have similar attendance figures ! Then what ?

5 minutes ago, StanDrew said:

How does the club propose to generate income if theres a drop in demand for Season Tickets & lower gates with fans not able to afford the increase ?
I'm glad your using Cowdenbeath as a comparison as Bayview will soon have similar attendance figures ! Then what ?

As I said, perhaps the club has made a mistake in not raising the prices incrementally over the last 9 years. Can we agree that we would like to provide the manager with a budget to allow us to consolidate/ improve on this season's progress?  

As I said, perhaps the club has made a mistake in not raising the prices incrementally over the last 9 years. Can we agree that we would like to provide the manager with a budget to allow us to consolidate/ improve on this season's progress?  

Barry will be away if he gets a chance of full time won't he? I think he said something like that when he first joined. The club couldn't exactly increase prices when we were in league 2 for 2 seasons weren't we the most expensive gates then?

As I wrote previously the increase in pay at the gate is understandable and necessary. Cumulative UK inflation since 2009 is 21% so even 20% could be justified. The unjustifiable decision is why to introduce a 40% increase on ST's and family tickets.

There is no doubt the increase in price for ST's will increase total revenue despite a few fans not renewing but there does seem to be an element of "they will pay it anyway"

Anyway got to go and arrange a loan for my season ticket.

Edited by Another The Other Chairman