The East Fife Thread

Almost perfect set of results today. Could have done with Stranraer beating Brechin but that's just being greedy.

Great achievement to be sitting 3rd with 2 games to go without even considering the toll injuries have taken on the squad this season.

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Will Duggan just miss the Airdrie game or is he out for two???

One automatic for receiving two cautions in the same match. Will be available for Stranraer. What a fantastic save Hurst made from Wallace near the end. On a par with his stops at Tony Macaroni

Might be we need the money upfront to secure the players we need for next season!!!

We may be in the black but we're not a cash rich Club there's players we have that might be on other Club's radars and I've no doubt there's players about that Barry Smith has already eyeballed for next season but in order to compete with the other Club's we're going to have to pay the money the other Club's can offer, and without a "Sugar Daddy" and an owner who doesn't give a f**k the only way to raise the cash is through the gate!!!

I would also imagine that the early release date is to get some money quick to keep the guys that are here!!!

Just a thought!!!

So fans get stung for the money then? I can't afford to pay for a season ticket at they prices and I won't be paying £15 every second week most others are saying the same how is that possibly going to raise more money?

35 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Sure Pagey is out for the season, hope I'm wrong though!!!

Spoke to Pagey at the Peterhead game and he was hopeful of being available before the end of the season

Edited by Bayviewboy

1 minute ago, Bayviewboy said:

Spoke to Pages at the Peterhead game and he was hopeful of being available before the end of the season

Fingers crossed, he's exactly the type of no nonsense defender we'll need if we do make the play offs. Surprised if there isn't an interest in him from other clubs in the close season.

Interesting to see the comments on the increased prices.

£2 per game = £1 per week of the season.

The adults paying that are being asked to pay the additional equivalent of less than a half pint of beer or a seventh of a pack of cigs.
Doesn't seem a lot in comparison.

Might be we need the money upfront to secure the players we need for next season!!!

We may be in the black but we're not a cash rich Club there's players we have that might be on other Club's radars and I've no doubt there's players about that Barry Smith has already eyeballed for next season but in order to compete with the other Club's we're going to have to pay the money the other Club's can offer, and without a "Sugar Daddy" and an owner who doesn't give a f**k the only way to raise the cash is through the gate!!!

I would also imagine that the early release date is to get some money quick to keep the guys that are here!!!

Just a thought!!!

Spot on in my opinion .

Just a thought!!!

Agree .

As for keeping the guys that are here then I'd keep Page,Curran,Slattery,Patterson Brown,Smith ,Duggan & Kane

Robinson is away, Duggan is 50/50 to go or stay.

Would love to see Kerr return

As for releasing then Cooper,Wallace,Lamont,Austin,Goodfellow .

Don't think it'll need a huge ticket price increase to keep the above players but maybe Barry has his eyes on a couple of gems

I've no idea what the situation regarding plastic pitch is. What do you mean renting from CT? Surely the whole point of the club ripping up one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland is for financial gain to help push the club forward.

41b106c8f2251565a5b06535d253d5c8.jpg

Agree .
As for keeping the guys that are here then I'd keep Page,Curran,Slattery,Patterson Brown,Smith ,Duggan & Kane
Robinson is away, Duggan is 50/50 to go or stay.
Would love to see Kerr return
As for releasing then Cooper,Wallace,Lamont,Austin,Goodwillie.
Don't think it'll need a huge ticket price increase to keep the above players but maybe Barry has his eyes on a couple of gems

IMG_1492931246.941933.jpg

But soon mate, these boys that you're looking at punting are trying to get us into the Championship remember!!!

Also Curran is only on loan if you want to keep him the. You want to keep Kerr, Hurst and Penaricci!!!

Likely to get pelters for this and people can disagree with me all they like, but I just don't understand how it's reasonable that 'troops' can obtain a season pass for a 25 quid donation?

Because they defend our country and put their arse on the line so people like me and you can sleep safe at night. They also step up as firemen when they greedy b*****ds go on strike even though a soldier is paid far less. I'm all for it but I would say that having been ex army

IMG_1492931246.941933.jpg.6531ad1ff5818d5165d7f2e3e52a011b.jpg

But soon mate, these boys that you're looking at punting are trying to get us into the Championship remember!!!

Also Curran is only on loan if you want to keep him the. You want to keep Kerr, Hurst and Penaricci!!!

Obviously id keep Penrice but realistically that won't happen unless we get him on loan again same with Kerr & Hurst.

Because they defend our country and put their arse on the line so people like me and you can sleep safe at night. They also step up as firemen when they greedy b*****ds go on strike even though a soldier is paid far less. I'm all for it but I would say that having been ex army

I'm sorry but the 'they defend our country' claim is just a load of tosh. It's a false claim and propaganda statement manufactured by the government to justify the bombing countries abroad to shift the focus on real issues happening here. Nobody is forcing people to 'work' for the army, therefore they should be required to pay the same as the rest of us. Having said that, I know many ex-servicemen who would actually rather pay the full price. The club should scrap this.

4 minutes ago, monthefife said:

I'm sorry but the 'they defend our country' claim is just a load of tosh. It's a false claim and propaganda statement manufactured by the government to justify the bombing countries abroad to shift the focus on real issues happening here. Nobody is forcing people to 'work' for the army, therefore they should be required to pay the same as the rest of us. Having said that, I know many ex-servicemen who would actually rather pay the full price. The club should scrap this.

So why don't they just pay full price they don't have to accept paying less8)