The East Fife Thread

I see the club are in advanced talks with KSH about groundsharing, although nothing has been confirmed yet I'd imagine the club will receive a small sum if they did decide to share. Hopefully the club can explain bizarre prices for next season, and I say bizarre as we don't even know what league we will be in

If East Fife are renting their own pitch from the Community Trust, that'll be running the plastic project, then will KSH be in talks with the CT ?

If East Fife are renting their own pitch from the Community Trust, that'll be running the plastic project, then will KSH be in talks with the CT ?

I've no idea what the situation regarding plastic pitch is. What do you mean renting from CT? Surely the whole point of the club ripping up one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland is for financial gain to help push the club forward.

Irrespective of this bad decision badly communicated in my opinion . I really wish the players good luck for tomorrow. You have done the club and supporters proud this season so one last push  guys you can do it

Edited by flyfifer48
spelling

I stopped going when the club started charging £13  to pay in . The price to watch   Scottish football is a JOKE . I  paid £10 to watch Linfield fc in the national stadium when I was in Ireland , why cant we do the same ?

Edited by tazz1903
wrong content

That's a very steep increase. I understand that running a football club is extremely difficult and costs do rise but £15 to watch League 1 football isn't going to encourage existing fans let alone new supporters.

Hope the board have a rethink.

I notice Albion Rovers are charging £14 tomorrow. Alloa & Airdrie were £16 this season. Arbroath in League 2 have been the same as us this season at £13. To be fair to the Club, prices have remained unchanged for a few seasons so we're probably due to increase. However, the way the Club have made ticket prices known with no explanation given has led to many fans being disgruntled and possibly not buying season tickets. It is quite a hike in Season Ticket prices and may prevent fans from buying but for the team to be strengthened more money is required to bring the quality required to progress. Time will tell whether this move will indeed see the Club take more money in or not. Alloa who were charging £16 and have had a great season have had average gates of 532 compared to 608 at Bayview where entry was pegged at £13. At a time where disposable income in most households is decreasing, I think more effort should be made to increase revenue by getting more people through the gates rather than trying to get more income from regular fans with the chance of actually decreasing the number attending games. I appreciate the Board have had to make a decision on the way forward but if discussions had been held with fans to explain the reasons and a chance for ideas to be discussed, the backlash regarding price increases may have been avoided.

9 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

I notice Albion Rovers are charging £14 tomorrow. Alloa & Airdrie were £16 this season. Arbroath in League 2 have been the same as us this season at £13. To be fair to the Club, prices have remained unchanged for a few seasons so we're probably due to increase. However, the way the Club have made ticket prices known with no explanation given has led to many fans being disgruntled and possibly not buying season tickets. It is quite a hike in Season Ticket prices and may prevent fans from buying but for the team to be strengthened more money is required to bring the quality required to progress. Time will tell whether this move will indeed see the Club take more money in or not. Alloa who were charging £16 and have had a great season have had average gates of 532 compared to 608 at Bayview where entry was pegged at £13. At a time where disposable income in most households is decreasing, I think more effort should be made to increase revenue by getting more people through the gates rather than trying to get more income from regular fans with the chance of actually decreasing the number attending games. I appreciate the Board have had to make a decision on the way forward but if discussions had been held with fans to explain the reasons and a chance for ideas to be discussed, the backlash regarding price increases may have been avoided.

Fair  comments. However, Alloa and Airdrie are full time, we also kept our prices at £13 when in league  2. Albion will also not be charging  £12 for concessions. And no other club have released their prices, particularly with 3 games to go and still with a play off imminent. Fans will still support the team in numbers I hope, but whoever created this PR crap needs booted

Fair  comments. However, Alloa and Airdrie are full time, we also kept our prices at £13 when in league  2. Albion will also not be charging  £12 for concessions. And no other club have released their prices, particularly with 3 games to go and still with a play off imminent. Fans will still support the team in numbers I hope, but whoever created this PR crap needs booted

Alloa aren't full time, Airdrie are and they don't own their own stadium so have to pay rent all for £1 extra per entry.

Firstly I think most supporters would congratulate the Board on eliminating the deficit from the dark  Murray days.

With regard to the current season , I would have expected the club to have increased the admission charges to build on the small profit made in the year to 31 May 2015.Hopefully with the club being debt free,surplus monies could have gone towards the playing staff. The club did not make this decision.

With regard to next season,the timing by the BOD is to say the least , premature.However , it will be interesting to hear their reasons for the increase and their aspirations for not only next season but for the future of the club.

Unfortunately, as Bayviewboy states, our average crowd is only 608.As fans are the life blood of any club somehow or other the club must attempt to entice the local community in general and younger potential fans in particular to build up these numbers. I go to about 50% of away games and am always impressed by the number of EF fans attending .Unfortunately away fans do not seem to reciprocate in EF home games.

Comparisons have been made with Alloa FC. I am certainly no expert on the Alloa set up with the consequence I may be completely wrong.

Geographically Alloa is located in an ideal area for visiting fans.Most of the clubs highlighted by T-Zero are within 1 hour of Alloa .EF derby game by way of contrast is at Livingston.

Alloa have an astro pitch generating funds which could go towards player funds.

And perhaps more importantly.Alloa have an owner, Mike Mulraney, who invests in his club. EF have an owner who does not put 1 penny into the club.

At the end of the day if people are happy to pay £15 to sit in a soulless stadium watching 3rd tier football then good for them, sadly I won't be joining them and I've no doubt I won't be the only one. The prices won't encourage new supporters along either. Scottish football is overpriced big time. Fair play the club have frozen prices in previous seasons but there's no way I'll be back at that price.

Don't let the issue of next seasons prices cloud over today's result. Fantastic under the circumstances. Jason Kerr has got us so many points this year with performances and goals. Pity about Duggans red card, yet another out for next week.

Anyone know what Pageys injury is? It's taking a while to clear. Now that our league one status is confirmed do we get players signed up for next season?

Well done the Fife today.

Congratulations to everyone connected with East Fife , Board, Management,Players and Fans on securing our place in Division 1 at least.

I must admit that I could not see us winning again this season given the players that were unavailable.

Plenty time now for all parties to get our collective act together.

Might be we need the money upfront to secure the players we need for next season!!!

We may be in the black but we're not a cash rich Club there's players we have that might be on other Club's radars and I've no doubt there's players about that Barry Smith has already eyeballed for next season but in order to compete with the other Club's we're going to have to pay the money the other Club's can offer, and without a "Sugar Daddy" and an owner who doesn't give a f**k the only way to raise the cash is through the gate!!!

I would also imagine that the early release date is to get some money quick to keep the guys that are here!!!

Just a thought!!!

42 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Don't let the issue of next seasons prices cloud over today's result. Fantastic under the circumstances. Jason Kerr has got us so many points this year with performances and goals. Pity about Duggans red card, yet another out for next week.

Anyone know what Pageys injury is? It's taking a while to clear. Now that our league one status is confirmed do we get players signed up for next season?

Well done the Fife today.

If Pages returns next week and Duggan is suspended, I think we could do a lot worse than putting Jason Kerr up front. He knows where the goals are, has a bit of physical presence and we are not exactly awash with options.