The East Fife Thread

The prices in Scottish football are pretty scandalous. I was going to go over to watch the Rovers v East Fife the other month since I work in Coatbridge and was keen to see young Penners but was put off by the fact it cost 14 quid to stand in Cliftonhill.

East Fife posted a profit,may have been a small 1 but nonetheless a profit in April .
The club have received money for manager, assistant & Mercer from QOS, had a good cup run this season compared to previous seasons, will receive higher Lge finishing prize money than last season and have stated that with the introduction of a plastic pitch the upkeep to the grass will save money SO why an almost 40% increase on an adult season ticket?
I was expecting £20 rise but not £60.
I'm in a fortunate position to be able to afford this but I'm considering not renewing my ST & just pay at the gate( miss out the freezing wet winter games) to the equivalent of £180 which will be 12 home games due to the ridiculous pricing of £15 admission price.
I've not even mentioned the fact that we're as much in with a shout of promotion as we are relegation at the moment.

We all know that the directors are on this forum, waiting to hear what they have to say. The EFSC should have had wind of this and the reasons why as well. I don't see one bit of positive news about this on here, Facebook and Twitter. This pricing is an absolute joke and no-one as of yet has had the balls to say why they think it can be justified. There is no way I am renewing my tickets for next year based on this.... [emoji35]

I am older generation and I have plenty to do. That doesn't include supporting a near 40% increase in price . I have emailed the club asking for reasons for this increase which is a disgrace. I won't be renewing season ticket or sponsorship and I am contemplating only going to away games

I am older generation and I have plenty to do. That doesn't include supporting a near 40% increase in price . I have emailed the club asking for reasons for this increase which is a disgrace. I won't be renewing season ticket or sponsorship and I am contemplating only going to away games

Agree with you I have also sent an email to the club, if increases like this want to be put through why not consult with the supporters club, then put it back to the fans, most honest fans will agree to a little rise, I wish my wages had went up 27% last year in line with this....

east fife for life-what on earth do you mean"Apart from the older generation who have nothing better to do ."

With regard to the prices for next season, surely either the Chairman , Commercial Director, Trust Representative or Supporters Liaison Rep - if there is one- can explain the thinking behind this increase . Surely the days of merely publishing a price list,and expecting the supporters to blithely cough up are long gone.

Could be wrong but an increase in season ticket prices might coincide with the plastic getting laid ie no home friendlies .Cash flow .I thought we might have got a bit of compo for the disruption of that geting put down obviously not So we get a plastic pitch and we are already paying the price for it

The prices are a bit mental. I'd imagine Liam will be on here at some point to clarify the thinking. I usually only go to away games anyway as getting back to Fife after my Saturday shifts is quite difficult, feel for the home fans who've seen their price of a game go up so much. They'll vote with their feet though, I worry if the club doesn't rethink. Even if they do, I'd like to hear what the reasoning behind it was.

Yes but the team can still play away friendlies & get a cut of the gate receipts the only thing the club misses out on would be the returns at the bar as no money is made by the club from the pie huts
Ps Due to the League cup early start then the cup games are basically treated as pre season friendlies, don't think we had many pre-season games last year

If it included home cup ties then the season ticket price is fine. Raith are a tenner more than us and includes cup ties and a league above. Extremely important the club explains their reasoning behind this. This will put a lot of people off and could really overshadow what has been a successful season and a potentially very successful one

Part of the problem is still not 100 % what league will start next season in although should be league 1 plus manager contract plus all bar one player I think are up at end of season so hard to ask fans to stump up more cash when not sure what team etc will look like for next season 

Edited by Hooper

I see the club are in advanced talks with KSH about groundsharing, although nothing has been confirmed yet I'd imagine the club will receive a small sum if they did decide to share. Hopefully the club can explain bizarre prices for next season, and I say bizarre as we don't even know what league we will be in

I've sent a quick email asking whether the club will be clarifying this decision and explaining it to the fans, or indeed reversing it. Will post a reply if I get one, although I'd suspect a more public explanation will come first from the club.