The East Fife Thread

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not at all.

If you think Campbell would leave us to go to you lot you're in dreamland.

922943.jpg

44 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I guess there will not be any more signings for a few weeks. Not a happy situation is it. 

I can sympathise with this cos when Ray McKinnon was taken from us by some team of shysters going by the name of .....Raith Rovers.  We were left without a manager for a full 2 weeks before appointing Dods and although we had 9 players signed the guys brought in afterwards weren't great and most of them were moved on when Dods had his first full closed season. We narrowly avoided relegation after sitting bottom of the league for most of the season. I hope that your board act swiftly so that the new manager will have a decent crack at getting your team ready for next season.

Disappointing to lose Barry but there are a number of good managers out there. We also had a number of key signings in place before his departure, so good news on that front. We've been through this before, let's be patient and make another good appointment.

Oh, and a wee bit of history for you. The last time a manager moved from Methil to Kirkcaldy was in 1970-71. That worked out quite well for us I recall...

A lot of debate on here regarding how well Ayr United has recruited so far and Rovers will struggle? Let's not forget the players that have already signed on at Starks Park who would easily walk in to any team in the championship barring the top 4. Let's wait on who we recruit and also who the other clubs in the league before filling our pants with dread regarding the signings of Geegan and Moffat or are no better or worse than any Rovers player at the moment. I'm Looking interestingly on in who Barry Smith signs and hopefully we managed at least the top 4

I really hope we get an experienced manager and a player assistant. So if the next one has the get out of jail card free clause written into his contract we may have someone who could step up to the main role. Time to think about a combo rather than just a main man so that the team and fans see a little more continuity rather than the constant changes going on, 2 managers and 3 assistants last season, let's get a settled pair that want to be at Fife rather than a stepping stone, if we do then the Championship could be within reach.... what a goal that could be.

A wee message from the gaffer tonight.

Gutted he has gone to that lot. The worst of the worst teams he could have gone to. But surely to goodness the board has to be pro active with an appointment.

someone such as Danny Lennon or Darren young. Even have a look at Kevin Thomson.

but please please please don't go for Dick Campbell. Any Arbroath fan saying it's not a job he would go for. He works in Dunfermline, I'm sure east fife is more favourable than Arbroath. But I don't want him. 

IMG_1265.PNG

Gutted he has gone to that lot. The worst of the worst teams he could have gone to. But surely to goodness the board has to be pro active with an appointment.
someone such as Danny Lennon or Darren young. Even have a look at Kevin Thomson.
but please please please don't go for Dick Campbell. Any Arbroath fan saying it's not a job he would go for. He works in Dunfermline, I'm sure east fife is more favourable than Arbroath. But I don't want him. 
IMG_1265.thumb.PNG.e9d5f83163ae1132338b39529e32542c.PNG

Nice of Barry that, how anybody can criticise him is beyond me. Was no great secret that he was wanting full time and that is a great opportunity for him.

Well played.

You just can't be petty over this. Guys got a life to live and bills to pay. He could have a disastrous start at East Fife on a much lower wage and be out the door by Christmas.

Can't give the guy a hard time, even if it is Raith.

Here is a name to throw in the hat, Kevin Smith. I heard he put his name forward whenBarry Smith got the gig. We have previous of taking the easy option.

Wouldn't be against that at all if he was interested.

cc8eb611a9d517530dd4d4e61083588d.jpg

Would be delighted in that as well however he told me last night he had been overlooked again unfortunately 

Because he has no Scotland caps?? Seriously though if you had a choice over Kevin smith and Gary naysmith and neither had managed a club before I'd go for Kevin everyday of the week. Knows these leagues and all the players in it.

Would it f**k. He's just got all his guys into the club. Dunfermline to Arbroath is barely an hour ffs and we train in Perth. Which is about a half hour.

No chance he'd leave, to go anywhere really. He's not going FT now.