The East Fife Thread

With questions being raised about the players you have on loan, is the general consensus that you'd like to keep them? How are the two Hursts getting on? Greg is already in his first year as part of the first team squad, so can't see him getting another one in Perth unless he's ready to kick on from this loan but he doesn't even seem to be a regular starter? Mark is in a different situation where we will have at least one established goalkeeper next season so the question with him is whether he could be trusted to play Premiership football if called upon in an emergency.

Would imagine keeper hurst will go back as he's not playing and I would imagine Flanagan will go back as he's just wasting his time as he gets very little game time piggot  not sure we need to keep now as we have players in that position ?  Hurst the forward is a take it or leave it for me Add a few players maybe looking to leave there maybe a good turn round of players 

Edited by Hooper

Can't see Gregg Hurst ever getting to first team level with his parent team. Has scored a few goals (maybe 4 I think) but not a lot comes from him. He is fast but huffs and puffs without much happening. Wouldn't be upset to see his loan ended.

Mark Hurst is going through a bad patch just now and has been dropped.  He is likely to pull off a first class save but not look like on clever a few minutes later.  For his height, I would be looking for him to command his 6 yard box but doesn't in my opinion. 

This is my own opinion and perhaps the players around them aren't helping but I don't see either of them making the grade.

Both hursts are better leaving in my opinion Greg looks the better of the 2 but even then he's anonymous for 80mins most weeks, but he's definitely not alone in that sense. A wish a could be arsed trawling thru the tread to find my pre season prediction because a got roasted for predicting exactly what's happening......... one dimensional defensive....and young is running out of ideas quickly. His signings are shocking. Surely the board shouldn't have allowed him to valuable money on wills.

Both hursts are better leaving in my opinion Greg looks the better of the 2 but even then he's anonymous for 80mins most weeks, but he's definitely not alone in that sense. A wish a could be arsed trawling thru the tread to find my pre season prediction because a got roasted for predicting exactly what's happening......... one dimensional defensive....and young is running out of ideas quickly. His signings are shocking. Surely the board shouldn't have allowed him to valuable money on wills.

What signings have been shocking that he’s made ? He didn’t even sign Willis so try again.

Gordon ? That other clown in the middle of the park ? Millar ? It's worrying if what your saying is true....someone else actually signed Willis ?? Why? And who ? The fact he thinks goodfellow is good enough is frightening aswell guy seems like a top shot stopper at times but no exaggeration he has at least 1 mistake a game in him if not more. We're starting on -2 most weeks

Who signed Him then ? Enlighten me ? It frightening that the board allowed it who ever it was....baring in mind he was a total flop the 1st time. Yeah I am blaming goodfellow for the second one.....3 yards out corner.... Buchanan 5ft 5.... same story as the start of the season he clearly doesn't have the bottle to command his area. As a said he looks a cracking shot stopper but that's only 25 % of being a goalie. He chucked a couple in at Arbroath earlier in the season in the same circumstances.

The guy looks terrified every time a high ball comes in his area, surely if u don't have the confidence to catch, you punch ? You certainly don't just stand on your line and hope your defenders deal with it. Goalies have a good advantage on everybody you can use your arms above your head and if anybody goes near you it's a foul.