The East Fife Thread

Agree with most of what you say, apart from "calling out" fellow fans on their level of support, BUT the Rovers money IS a financial windfall, it is a potential 10 grand a season that we don't normally have and are guaranteed to get, there is no reason for the Board not to use it in any negotiations they may wish to make!!!

Eta:

And wouldn't it be great to see them doing it soon, getting a couple of decent signings in early would also help of the season tickets sales front I'm sure. It would also be nice to see that our transfer dealings weren't the last minute efforts of leftovers and castoffs it was last year, although admittedly that was more because of the position Barry Smith left us in than any fault of the Board tbf!!!

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Agree with most of what you say, apart from "calling out" fellow fans on their level of support, BUT the Rovers money IS a financial windfall, it is a potential 10 grand a season that we don't normally have and are guaranteed to get, there is no reason for the Board not to use it in any negotiations they make!!!

Firstly, I don't think £10k is anywhere near a windfall amount of cash and certainly nowhere near enough to make much difference over a season.  You must remember also, that money is NOT in the bank just now, so where do they get it from to spend now?

16 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

I don't get your logic pal.  By not buying your season ticket now and if others do likewise, that will surely have an impact on spending by the club.  Why would the club spend money they can ill afford, if they know there are fans like yourself they can't count on (and there are many going by posts on P&B and previously on AFTN)?  Get it into your head that a couple of games against the Rovers, is NOT a financial windfall!  The club needs supporters every week and the more season tickets sold the better.  You want them to spend money they don't have first and hope the likes of yourself "might" buy a season ticket.  Thought you were a supporter?

Dozens of fans that I speak to have stayed away  during this season because the  football has been very poor,all I am saying it would be nice if we hav a wee ambitious  signing ie forfar wi Baird as player/ass,before the season ticket cut off unlike previous years that have passed by with nothing,I know finances are very tight but 2 home gates v rovers,plus hospitality etc will make a big difference when some off our home crowds are less than 500

Firstly, I don't think £10k is anywhere near a windfall amount of cash and certainly nowhere near enough to make much difference over a season.  You must remember also, that money is NOT in the bank just now, so where do they get it from to spend now?

Unless you've had a half decent lottery win I think you will find that £10 grand is a decent amount in anybody's eyes and it is money the Club would not have had if Raith had went up, so therefore it IS a windfall!!!

And nobody says that it needs to be spent now, what it is, is the wages over the coming season, of a couple of half decent part-time footballers which can now be additionally budgeted for, which couldn't have been if Raith had got promoted!!!

9 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

£76,000 for finishing 6th

3 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Dozens of fans that I speak to have stayed away  during this season because the  football has been very poor,all I am saying it would be nice if we hav a wee ambitious  signing ie forfar wi Baird as player/ass,before the season ticket cut off unlike previous years that have passed by with nothing,I know finances are very tight but 2 home gates v rovers,plus hospitality etc will make a big difference when some off our home crowds are less than 500

So why don't you do your bit and buy a season ticket now?

My point wasnt meant to stir things up. Just a bit of posotive news regarding a couple of early signings would maybe help . A bit of good news would maybe help people who are swithering about renewing there season tickets

£10,000 works out as 1 player earning around £220/week

That's why I said "half-decent", that way we'll get two of them!!![emoji6]

I think £10,000 was an estimate,I think a lot higher-ie normal att-500,then rovers 1900 approx =1400 extra paying on average £10=£14,000 x 2 games = £28,000 plus full hospitality etc,agree totally with fiferjons post,a wee bit forward vision,not breaking the bank,cmon the fife 

I think the Rovers games were about 1800/1700. Without them our average would have been about 550. So those games probably added about 2,500 to our total gate, so aye, somewhere around an extra £25,000 total. I'm not sure how much of that disappears into tax, extra stewarding etc.

One thing is, it's not an extra we'll be getting. It's just not losing anything form last season. So our budget's probably going to be about the same as last year.

Agreed though. One or two exciting signings might well have a knock-on effect on season ticket sales when you've got some fans swithering over whether to buy one.

The Rovers games are worth far more than£10,000 to East Fife.Over 1400 extra fans and over 100  in hospitality at each game is significant.How much is available to the Manager’ s budget is another matter.The club definitely need to get some good news out to the supporters after a dismal season.

But if fans are posting comments saying they won't be buying a season ticket, what are the board supposed to do?  Take a chance that these supporters will in fact support the team or think, better keeping any extra money in hand in case we hit hard times?  C'mon guys, you either support East Fife, or you don't.  Put yourself in a position where you might say, want to buy a car because there is a chance, a chance that is, that you might, that is might, get a bonus if the company you work for does well this year?  What would you do?  I know that I would wait until I see the bonus in my wage packet.

Fans saying they are not going to buy a season ticket kind of encourages the board to watch their spend even more so, I would think?

37 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

But if fans are posting comments saying they won't be buying a season ticket, what are the board supposed to do?  Take a chance that these supporters will in fact support the team or think, better keeping any extra money in hand in case we hit hard times?  C'mon guys, you either support East Fife, or you don't.  Put yourself in a position where you might say, want to buy a car because there is a chance, a chance that is, that you might, that is might, get a bonus if the company you work for does well this year?  What would you do?  I know that I would wait until I see the bonus in my wage packet.

Fans saying they are not going to buy a season ticket kind of encourages the board to watch their spend even more so, I would think?

The BOD have decided that the Early Bird prices are available until 29 June . No compulsion to  buy until then.

I would suggest that as a result of Raith not being promoted there are extra funds available to the club ,some of which will hopefully be available to the manager.Unfortunately the manager

has already made contract offers to the players he wants. Whether the manager will be able to increase his earlier offers to entice the players he really wants is debateable.

I can fully understand why many supporters are hesitant in buying season tickets for next season. Last season we were treated(?) to both a forward line of Chris Duggan and no one else within 30 yards, and several players who were no where near League 1 ability.

The onus , as far as I am concerned, is on the club to try and entice key signings asap to encourage season ticket take up.

I have always applauded the  BOD for their financial management of the club after the obscene / abhorrent Murray years.With each passing year it must be more difficult to balance the books with a smaller fan base , lesser commercial backing , and increased player financial expectations.

Unfortunately what the club is absolutely pathetic at , is what I call "talking up the club " in the community. It is all very well advising fans on the EF website what is going on at the club.

The question is how does the club reach out to prospective new fans.? How do we tell under 16s of the £20  season ticker offer? How do we reinvent the club and sell to the locals.?

Unfortunately the "They know where we are "mentality is still rife .

Existing fans "know where they are" and are voting with their absence.

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

The BOD have decided that the Early Bird prices are available until 29 June . No compulsion to  buy until then.

I would suggest that as a result of Raith not being promoted there are extra funds available to the club ,some of which will hopefully be available to the manager.Unfortunately the manager

has already made contract offers to the players he wants. Whether the manager will be able to increase his earlier offers to entice the players he really wants is debateable.

I can fully understand why many supporters are hesitant in buying season tickets for next season. Last season we were treated(?) to both a forward line of Chris Duggan and no one else within 30 yards, and several players who were no where near League 1 ability.

The onus , as far as I am concerned, is on the club to try and entice key signings asap to encourage season ticket take up.

I have always applauded the  BOD for their financial management of the club after the obscene / abhorrent Murray years.With each passing year it must be more difficult to balance the books with a smaller fan base , lesser commercial backing , and increased player financial expectations.

Unfortunately what the club is absolutely pathetic at , is what I call "talking up the club " in the community. It is all very well advising fans on the EF website what is going on at the club.

The question is how does the club reach out to prospective new fans.? How do we tell under 16s of the £20  season ticker offer? How do we reinvent the club and sell to the locals.?

Unfortunately the "They know where we are "mentality is still rife .

Existing fans "know where they are" and are voting with their absence.

I'm not really sure what more the club can do to sell more season tickets. Believe me we have discussed this at length. Obviously a winning team on the park is the best answer and last season we were all hoping for a play-off spot but had to settle for a place in mid-table. Disappointing, but not a disaster. 

Before every campaign the manager's budget is decided by a projection of the expected income and outgoings of the season ahead, this will obviously include season ticket sales.

I'm speaking from a purely personal point of view here, but it is unreasonable to expect the club to announce signing targets. I would urge everyone to do what you do best and continue to support the club...

Edited by Angusfifer

No one is asking the club to announce signing targets.Where did that come from? 

The group responsible in their attempt to reinstate the Leven to Thornton railway link tries so hard to involve the community in supporting their campaign.

There have been recent features on national tv  with consistent news items in the local press. And that is for a local asset no longer with us.

EastFife FC is currently with us .

Why is the club not selling itself in the local media? Why can there not be a Press Release encouraging new and absent supporters to get behind the local team.?

Inform under 16's of the Season Ticket deal. Get the Chairman to state his hopes and aspirations for the new season.

To be seen to be doing nothing will only lead to the demise of the club.

When its gone , its gone.