The East Fife Thread

Priorities at the moment have to be CB, RB, and RW. We don't really have any natural right backs or right wingers in the squad and we're clearly too thin at centre half as it stands.

I'm more than happy with Brogan Walls stepping into the 'Ferguson role' from last season. It's a position we'd ideally like a bit of cover / competition for as we've got plenty of options for the deeper midfield roles but I'm not sure if Greig sees Trouten as being used in that more advanced midfield role or not.

Given murdoch can play Right back think we’re short at centre back than at rb is the priority over any defender and we have newton, pat and that young one Charlie Murray that can play left back.

midfield I’ll have brogan ahead of trouten as attacking midfielder with fergie leaving that creates all hole but I think brogan that player just need a left sided midfielder and possibly another forward. I won’t surprise me if Club go for loans again with the lack of transfers.

who we want in the cup tomorrow will indicate our friendlies being posted publicly by the club in a couple days with hearing there’s a game with cowden away and raith at home if I’m right.

45 minutes ago, Fifer4Life said:

Think we could end at the wrong end of table this coming season with the lack of defenders we have signed up would of expected 2/3 new ones in by now. Plenty good defenders have already been snapped up that we should of been after

I don't think our squad is in  a bad place, we need a few bodies in defence but plenty of time to get the   right  candidates.

1 hour ago, Fifer4Life said:

Think we could end at the wrong end of table this coming season with the lack of defenders we have signed up would of expected 2/3 new ones in by now. Plenty good defenders have already been snapped up that we should of been after

Like who?

Gregor Buchannan is the only one who I'dve been interesteted in & I believe we tried, but Stenhousemuir outbid us. Let Stenny blow their budget in the first week of the transfer market. Squad isn't too bad, have a look at how many players Clyde or Elgin have compared to us at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

I don't think our squad is in  a bad place, we need a few bodies in defence but plenty of time to get the   right  candidates.

Would like to have heard a bit more news this past week, hopefully there's some deals in the pipeline/ offers on the table. Did think yesterday, this news on the new kit was a bit of a smokescreen to hide the fact there's nothing else happening. Certainly got everyone off the transfer topic for 24 hours.

Need 2 defenders to replace Denham & Steele, a midfielder to replace Ferguson (or even his return, if possible) & a striker who can score 15-20 goals! Probably type the same at this stage every season!

Hoped we could've got Kyle Connell back, but I see he's away to Cove (signed on the back of that 1 performance against them at Bayview the season before last?). 

Bit early to panic, we've been in worse shape later than this. 

P.S. the new socks look nice.