The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, LondonFife said:

Surely we are looking for more than one or two potential more signings!? That’s a very light squad of senior players otherwise. Thought there were worries we might get bids for Walls/Healy we couldn’t turn down as well?

Management seemed quite relaxed about it all, Millar can play central defence & right back. Greig also didn't think a replacement for Ferguson was necessary.

As much of how good Ferguson was give brogan a full season away from injury as replacement for Ferguson he will be a big player for us that’s the thinking behind we aren’t looking anywhere bar defence. Or we can play trouten off the strikers weather it’s shepherd/shiavone and fash.

The manager and staff know far more than I do - so if they are relaxed that’s great. But if we were in for Watson it would suggest they think we could do with another striking option on top of what we have. And central defence surely we need a couple more?

Don’t worry we will get some kid from st Johnstone onloan by the time the season starts. It’s east fife we’re talking about here! We do have a good relationship with them and people have been coming to us onloan because they will do good here so don’t panic plus greig hinted yesterday if we need get another option for tactic’s or quality or injuries we will look at that option weather they start most games or not but if we need to as long as they do something and go one better than last season I’m not fussed either!!

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

17 minutes ago, LondonFife said:

The manager and staff know far more than I do - so if they are relaxed that’s great. But if we were in for Watson it would suggest they think we could do with another striking option on top of what we have. And central defence surely we need a couple more?

A wide midfielder and Central defender definitely.

Plus we had at least 2 central defenders on trial yesterday, 1 ex Hearts and 1 ex Cowdenbeath. 

PS hope it is not necessary but MC Manus has in the past played Centre half.

Personally would not be averse to Taylor Steven returning.

Yeah, Taylor Steven would do for me, the 10 mins he got here and there, meant we never really saw the best of him, but when he did start, there seemed to be a player in there.

Disappointed we missed out on Kyle Connell, are Ryan McGeever (CB) & Callum Yeats (LB) still available? I know McGeever has had a bad injury, but he's still just 29 & we seem to have been after him every close season for about 6 years.

4 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Murdoch, Charlie Murray, Millar according to management.

You have named three players to fill a position other than centre back. Still have millar as midfielder than centre back. Charlie I think needs a loan out, dunno why people think murdoch a cb is beyond me other than experience and age.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

29 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Yeah, Taylor Steven would do for me, the 10 mins he got here and there, meant we never really saw the best of him, but when he did start, there seemed to be a player in there.

Disappointed we missed out on Kyle Connell, are Ryan McGeever (CB) & Callum Yeats (LB) still available? I know McGeever has had a bad injury, but he's still just 29 & we seem to have been after him every close season for about 6 years.

Been told McGeever moved aboard.

6 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

McGeever is away to Dubai.

7 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Yeats is away to Civil Service Strollers.

10 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Plus we had at least 2 central defenders on trial yesterday, 1 ex Hearts and 1 ex Cowdenbeath. 

PS hope it is not necessary but MC Manus has in the past played Centre half.

Personally would not be averse to Taylor Steven returning.

Taylor Steven,.......no thanks