The East Fife Thread

2 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Superb. Him and Healy on either side will be relentless. Philp loves getting forward so could be a very useful right side👌

He scored the equaliser against Cowdenbeath tonight!!!

Just now, King Kebab said:

He scored the equaliser against Cowdenbeath tonight!!!

The goal has been credited to Liam Newton. Nicol didn't get a touch. 

After a sluggish start East Fife's quality began to tell through Austin, Trouten, Millar and Shepherd. Cowdenbeath battled well throughout and will be disappointed not to get the draw they deserved. Their new boss looks to have them well organised. 

EF beat Cowden 2-1 tonite after Cowden were the better team for the first hour and they took the lead after about 10 minutes when a cross was deflected by Page past his own keeper.  There was a hint of a push on Newton leading up to the goal but the ref allowed that. Second half, EF brought on the big guns , Nicol ( who looks very promising), Trouten,Austin, Shepherd and Miller.

Nicol is being credited with equalizer (did he get a touch or was it an own goal) and Shepherd scored the winner with practically the last kick of the ball , interlinking with Austin. EF’s s young keeper Rollo made 2 excellent saves in the last couple of minutes and he too looks very promising.

Still early days but with performances like that in the 2nd half, things look promising for EF.

Edited by Exiled Fifer

We really do need defensive signings to come in we look nervous at the back and passing very woreful tonight.
Rollo much better than beveridge, rollo saves in second were quality that kept us in the game. Cunningham lack of game time and it showed once shepherd and fash came on we were a bit better.

hopefully after tonight’s game the management now sees the problem and we lack in defenders to steady the ship.

I was hoping no.22 would be someone we need but now I’m not very sure he’s the answer tbh though he did look ok surely there’s another options  out there sadly.

Wasn't a great spectacle, Cowdenbeath showed good energy without much end product while our lineup was very disjointed in first half but better in second after the changes.

Liked the look of Gregor Nicol, looks comfortable with both feet and has pace.

Think Murdoch and Philp will settle the defence down a bit . Trialist Robinson maybe tried a bit too hard to impress and needs to concentrate on the simple stuff while the right back showed some good touches.

On 25/06/2023 at 12:32, Beachcomber said:

Some trialists trained yesterday but i didn't recognise any of them. Only 1st team  player missing was Trouten.

Manager said he would maybe add another couple of signings in select areas. We don't want to concentrate on loan players so much this season as it takes time to get them up to speed  with tactics etc. Squad will be smaller this  season. Club had  been keen  on local lad Darren Watson but  he  chose to goto Forfar.

Chairman said club had contacted Montrose  about  Quinn but its  not going to happen atm.  

I don’t like to judge too much in pre season friendlies but if the last 2 games I’ve seen are the in any way indicative of the standard of performance we’re to expect from Aidan Quinn this season, I don’t think we’ll be all that difficult to deal with come the end of the month. 

No idea what’s going on with him but he’s looking and moving like a guy who you would bring along to fill a space in an over 35s league, not the player that won our player of the year award just last year.

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

I don’t like to judge too much in pre season friendlies but if the last 2 games I’ve seen are the in any way indicative of the standard of performance we’re to expect from Aidan Quinn this season, I don’t think we’ll be all that difficult to deal with come the end of the month. 

No idea what’s going on with him but he’s looking and moving like a guy who you would bring along to fill a space in an over 35s league, not the player that won our player of the year award just last year.

Tbf he picked up an injury before his loan spell expired therefore not had much action but he looked good and we definitely could do with a couple of centre backs coming in.

As things stand would expect our defence to line up

Fleming

Philp        Murdoch    Page     Newton

Pagey had a few moments last night and if we sign Robinson and/or the right back would be back up.

Edited by Beachcomber

Looks like an experienced Centre Back is to be announced tomorrow.

The one positive from last night is that we know that the experienced players can play better.

Sean Docherty,the right back was the pick of the loanees,but whether there is a place available in that position is debatable.The young centre half was just not good enough.

Personally I think that the club has shown too much loyalty to certain players who have served the club well over the years but are now only bit players.

23 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The goal has been credited to Liam Newton. Nicol didn't get a touch.

I beg to differ…

https://twitter.com/eastfifefc/status/1676673772600938527?s=46&t=EWAX_8rkQM2J-k9M2bT5jA

10 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Looks like an experienced Centre Back is to be announced tomorrow.

The one positive from last night is that we know that the experienced players can play better.

Sean Docherty,the right back was the pick of the loanees,but whether there is a place available in that position is debatable.The young centre half was just not good enough.

Personally I think that the club has shown too much loyalty to certain players who have served the club well over the years but are now only bit players.

I doubt it. Looks as though it's Page and Robinson unless we can find a loanee. We also have a young left sided centre half "Mikey" on trial who looks okay but raw.

4 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I doubt it. Looks as though it's Page and Robinson unless we can find a loanee. We also have a young left sided centre half "Mikey" on trial who looks okay but raw.

Watch the latest interview with Greig.