The East Fife Thread

22 hours ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough a good motto. By the way also some good feedback about the highlights package provided by East Fife from the game.

It's not a motto, it's a group formed that I think originally was to help get the plastic pitch to be installed at Bayview. Now, I'm not sure - there's a lot of groups that have similar names in terms of supporters society, supporters club, supporters trust etc - I think FFTC may still exist as an entity trying to encourage Bayview to be some sort of community hub. Someone more well versed than me can explain it far better.

Fifers For The Community (FFTC) is the registered charity which raised funding to lay the 3G pitch at Bayview. FFTC now manages all community bookings and maintains the pitch.

FFTC is also involved in several local projects such as Warm Spaces, now renamed Warm Welcome and in conjunction with SGN we identify vulnerable people who need immediate help in the event of a power cut. This project also involved advising on the dangers of carbon monoxide and distributing CO detectors.

There’s more but that’s enough.

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

So when do we  recognise/ declare that we are in crisis ? Do we have to wait until we are actually bottom on the football pyramid - just asking ?

Well given Elgin changed their manager recently and clyde have sacked there’s I would say “aye” given the style shown by this board of that we’re not bottom and who’s available that we can bring in over mcdonald ie we’ve appointed Crawford now mcdonald who’s in our range and out there?

I have lost patience with McDonald already and should of been sacked before the Albion cup match but again whoever comes in we have a squad under par from last season, given we have one loan player from up the road that needs sent back I dunno what we can do other than to survive relegation/trap door at the moment. I doubt January will be upto much aswell this squad needs cleared out in summer and two player hitting 40s in the squad aswell, we need start again but under new management.

9 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

So when do we  recognise/ declare that we are in crisis ? Do we have to wait until we are actually bottom on the football pyramid - just asking ?

If McDonald is still in charge Saturday and we lose to Clyde he has to go. If he doesn't resign (which he might) the board must sack him. If they don't then we are in real trouble and they will be culpable for the decline of this great club.

Why wait until the next bad result? I never really understand that. If that's already in the thinking the outcome is already pretty clear and simple.

East Fife are going nowhere under his management - a blind man can see that. They aren't magically going to win on Saturday and go on a run.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Why wait until the next bad result? I never really understand that. If that's already in the thinking the outcome is already pretty clear and simple.

East Fife are going nowhere under his management - a blind man can see that. They aren't magically going to win on Saturday and go on a run.

Can't disagree. If he doesn't  resign i don't think our board will have  the bottle to sack him, this might  drag on which imo would  harm his  reputation with the fans.

2 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Can't disagree. If he doesn't  resign i don't think our board will have  the bottle to sack him, this might  drag on which imo would  harm his  reputation with the fans.

To me the board are east fife fans and McDonald is also a big fan of the club due to his playing career both are happy with how things are that’s my view.

Our run of results should be enough to say it’s not worked out and it’s time for fresh change to get something out the current team but like Neilly has said why wait until the next bad result my view is we’re not bottom of the league and that everything rosy with him in charge. Like yesterday result was show what do we do on a Monday-Thursday at training the team passing shocking, when we have possession and attacking we simply do not know what to do with it that should also be enough to stay it’s times up.

9 hours ago, Californian Fifer said:

So once McDonald is offski , what do you think plan B will be ? An established manager or do they go to the juniors 

It's not the time for experiments, we need someone with experience who has a plan and can get the best out of the group of players we have.  We need to steady the ship, consolidate mid-table and prepare for next season.

Edited by Beachcomber

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Yeah, don't think he made a start in a competitive match.

Given we have so many full backs in murdoch, slattery, docherty, newton and even young Murray he wasn’t going to. We need players who’s going contribute something to the cause and fight sadly we don’t have many this season.

Maybe this a consequence of the transfer window system, that we seemed to pad the squad out with any available player with no real plan before the window closed. Anyway, we need freshened up, so if someone's not making the grade, we're as well getting them out.

Hoping Clyde don't get the new manager bounce, although I think McCall is a great appointment at this level.

Huge game on Saturday for us.

Huge game win this tomorrow if we don’t win this, we should or the board should look at things that it’s not working out and change is needed!

ross Philps away and so is Callum hambrook he’s joined Linlithgow onloan two players needed game time away from here. Like wise what was on the bench isn’t what we need and January can’t come quick but January window difficult window with ‘who’s out there’

20 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Huge game win this tomorrow if we don’t win this, we should or the board should look at things that it’s not working out and change is needed!

ross Philps away and so is Callum hambrook he’s joined Linlithgow onloan two players needed game time away from here. Like wise what was on the bench isn’t what we need and January can’t come quick but January window difficult window with ‘who’s out there’

Phew!- needed that result . Good to widen the gap with Clyde.  Credit, where credit due, very good result!👏

On 12/11/2023 at 01:54, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Well given Elgin changed their manager recently and clyde have sacked there’s I would say “aye” given the style shown by this board of that we’re not bottom and who’s available that we can bring in over mcdonald ie we’ve appointed Crawford now mcdonald who’s in our range and out there?

I have lost patience with McDonald already and should of been sacked before the Albion cup match but again whoever comes in we have a squad under par from last season, given we have one loan player from up the road that needs sent back I dunno what we can do other than to survive relegation/trap door at the moment. I doubt January will be upto much aswell this squad needs cleared out in summer and two player hitting 40s in the squad aswell, we need start again but under new management.

Which Albion cup match was this?