The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Got to be thinking about a managerial change now.

You would think after such a defeat as we had tonight.

Right I’m going out this on here but we wasn’t good enough to get promoted via play offs last season and this year we aren’t good enough to make the  play offs even if it’s mathematically possible to still reach them given how poor we’ve been is all to see with form only picking up wins against teams below us that have now changed their manager bar Forfar since.

given our injuries there wasn’t page, comerford, Murray, slattery, docherty and had to make two early changes tonight but losing 3-0 was coming and if the fans on the board can see we need a new direction as McDonald isn’t up to much either going forward or even when the transfer window comes and we might even need a new team given the age of trouten and Fleming my worry I don’t trust him to get us out of this league or to build a new team. Also just lumping youngsters into this team isn’t the answer I don’t think there ready be thrown in or to fill the bench where there’s no one to bring on we need new blood in January, a new direction and tonight shows why and it’s not the first time it’s been same theme and story all season.

my worry also is we in danger of getting to January and nothing comes out of it with teams below us (clyde) will bring in players no doubt we to count our losses with McDonald now before it’s to late but we will see we are in 7th and very cosy and content there to not part with any manager that’s been at east fife as a player the board will want to cling onto until it’s panic stations. Now we in the festive period I don’t think they will see the need to but will another defeat at new year change their mind I don’t know.

Time is definitely up by all accounts and it’s not just the manager that needs to go we need freshness in the coaching staff and the playing squad. I know one guy that would and we need that’s available but would he come to us is another thing….

I make that a total of ONE POINT from a total of TWENTY SEVEN available against the top five teams this season.

That is an absolute embarrassment.

Mcdonald should have been shown the door weeks ago. You are going nowhere with him at the helm.

9 hours ago, Neilly said:

I make that a total of ONE POINT from a total of TWENTY SEVEN available against the top five teams this season.

That is an absolute embarrassment.

Mcdonald should have been shown the door weeks ago. You are going nowhere with him at the helm.

I never want to see anyone lose their job- but these stats just evidence what many of our fans have known for months- we need a change in management  now- before it’s too late….

Watching the highlights of Friday, the 3 goals conceded are laughable. Twice Trouten gives the ball away, the first time he shouldn't  have been receiving the ball.  Newtons inability to throw  a ball is painfull and maybe not obvious on the video but he stood for a good 20  seconds in a trance, telling  thing  is that he  was right  next to the coaching staff !!

We badly need a Left back and central  midfielder in January. Bin Newton & Millar they should be emergency picks, if  we start  them we are in  trouble.

We also need a manager also but that goes without saying !

The Interview with said manager links to the Stenhousemuir game, was so desperate to see his excuses but alas.

Been looking for a left back ever since Naysmith left, Trouten is so slow which leaves a massive hole in the middle of the park 

Rumours say that McManus will leave in the January window?

Out early in the Scottish Cup, big money spent on Austin don’t think there will be much incoming transfer activity in January 

1 hour ago, DDLL said:

Been looking for a left back ever since Naysmith left, Trouten is so slow which leaves a massive hole in the middle of the park 

Rumours say that McManus will leave in the January window?

Out early in the Scottish Cup, big money spent on Austin don’t think there will be much incoming transfer activity in January 

Would be a blow if he left as he's our best CM.

Merry Christmas to the fellow supporters on here.
Hopefully our injuries clear up soon and move a couple on to bring in players hopefully, we are going be down to the barebones at Forfar giving his post match interview with docherty, comerford, Murray, slattery out and if the rumours are true I think I’m the only one that’s no getting my knickers in a twist as mcmanus has been here for two seasons despite been out under young tenure through injury this squad will need new blood things haven’t gone our way this season and we retain most of this squad bar Denham and hasn’t work, but again do I trust McDonald put that together; no? And it’s also time for change with the management team too.

i’ll would also cancel Mitchell contract and send him on the 7 bus back along the road, to start January off aswell but again there’s players here that the manager looks who do we bring on and we’re in danger of just fielding youngsters for sake of it…Murray been injured mostly, Healy and newton gone backwards since their promotion, Ramsay gets the odd minutes, Rollo barely played first team probably our best back up at the minute, Cunningham found his level even at that still doesn’t get into Cowdenbeath XI and walls shows fashes when we’re on fire mean it’s good we have a path way into the first team but we probably promoted the best of the rest I think and we need to be looking elsewhere especially given injuries nows not the time. But again will another couple defeats convince the board times up and to get own fans on board under a new system, new management, new ideas we crave at the moment who knows.

4 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

i’ll would also cancel Mitchell contract and send him on the 7 bus back along the road, to start January off aswell

Really surprises me that he’s not played well for you guys. The handful of times I’ve checked he’s been on the bench ? 

Biased opinion from me but he’s got electric pace, looks handy and trains with a good championship side during the week. He should be looking more than competent at this level. We’ve kept him on the books whilst selling Lang and Spencer to Falkirk who’re tearing it up. 

If you did change your manager I would expect the replacement to think he’s got something with Mitchell. As I said, biased opinion. You guys are watching him every week not me.

I think we were all, management, fans, board guilty of believing the current squad was strong enough to challenge at the top end of the division, something which quickly became apparent in the first match v Peterhead. With the transfer window system in place there's not a lot we could've done to rectify it. That said, do I think the current coaching staff have got the best out of this squad? No, nowhere near. 

Club has had to make a lot of savings since last year, and we've the disapointment of no cup run, so I don't suppose there's a lot of money about to change much in January. We seem to have got who we can freed up, but players are not daft, those under contract, are not just going to rip them up. Even the greatest manager in the world wouldn't get this squad into the play offs this season, there's just too much of a gap now. It would seem we are content (for the moment) with being too good to get dragged into the bottom pile, but not near good enough to compete with the top 4/5. At least we have a coaching team who seem to buying into the current austerity, but hopefully have identified the teams shortcomings (or I would seriously question what they've been doing these last few months!). There's more issues at the club, than just the board, or the manager.

For those who think, chucking money we don't have, to try to rescue a lost cause this season is a good idea, you only need to take a look at Edinburgh City's thread in the league 1 forum to see what could easily happen.

Anyway, it's Christmas & hopefully we can seen an improvement in our fortunes in 2024.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Really surprises me that he’s not played well for you guys. The handful of times I’ve checked he’s been on the bench ? 

Biased opinion from me but he’s got electric pace, looks handy and trains with a good championship side during the week. He should be looking more than competent at this level. We’ve kept him on the books whilst selling Lang and Spencer to Falkirk who’re tearing it up. 

If you did change your manager I would expect the replacement to think he’s got something with Mitchell. As I said, biased opinion. You guys are watching him every week not me.

Mitchell likewise with the guys on bench are no better than what we have to dislodge fash, shepherd, Healy and shiavone. When he has opportunity he isn’t up to much I think it’s probably wise he’s here until January. Probably has pace like Healy has but like most of our wide midfielders have no end product he falls down the pecking order for me and his penalty miss in the shout out away to TNS sums him up with us.

On 25/12/2023 at 18:23, Beachcomber said:

Interview with the manager is available if you select the McManus picture  on EFTV.

Fair  play to Mcdonald, he pulls no punches  and heaps blame on the players,  it was an awful performance and thing must improve.

Heaps blame on the players- he is the manager.!

He is also responsible for the recruitment and performance of the players…. Many of them are sadly not good enough but they were recruited by him/ board?

7 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Heaps blame on the players- he is the manager.!

He is also responsible for the recruitment and performance of the players…. Many of them are sadly not good enough but they were recruited by him/ board?

Totally agree, far too many signings from last season when they weren't up to the job.

14 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Totally agree, far too many signings from last season when they weren't up to the job.

If we are going to change the manager need to do it now so the  new manager has time  to do , even  small level of business  / loans in transfer window.

Would love the Campbell Brothers to come . Even if they did a fraction of what they did at Arbroath it would be significant to our club. Also , Ian , the assistant is by all accounts a very successful businessman which will not be unhelpful…

Could the Forfar game be signal to intent to change if we lose this game. I know the board are clinging to hope McDonald can somehow turn things around and make the play offs but we weren’t good enough to get promoted last season and we’re miles behind the play offs…? I thought losing to Bonnyrigg at home may have changed things and I know we have injuries it reminds me of van Bronckhorst era at rangers for McDonald at east fife, injuries and losing games being out his depth.

no newsletter this Thursday/Friday I take it, maybe management is on thin ice going into new year let’s hope so.

We definitely need new ideas from a new management team before any transfers happen no point bringing another Kieran Mitchell for the sake of it. All the best to team at Forfar…

Hurry Up Countdown GIF by Escape Hunt UK