The East Fife Thread

Posted (edited)

Think it'll be wise to send youngsters Rollo, Murray, Ramsay and hambrook all out onloan for the forthcoming season to gain experience and playing in first team, game time.

It would also free up space in the first team for any new players or loan signings they may be giving the bench already has docherty and Slattery on it for a start.

It wouldn't be a bad option to have Fleming as our number 2/coach as we don't yet have a goalie coach.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Was an interesting and well  attended meeting last night.

Pink  was  very frank  in his thoughts. They (management ) are building a team that is well organised and hard to beat. He believes that the players who were re-signed have room to  improve and he seemed confident that they will.  He prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation.

We don't have the  biggest budget and hope to get  another 2 signings over the line soon, a  midfielder and  a forward (maybe?). They will then look for  a couple of loans, an attacking  midfielder i took it as. Looking for a squad of 18-19 with  all the young  players going on  loan,  presumably Rollo, Murray,Hambrook,Ramsey.

He described Munro as an absolute winner and leader, said that is what we lacked last season. and Peggie  will give us some steel.

He is confident Newton will re-sign but  Brogan Walls & Agent   believe he can play at a  higher level and wants more money but the club is  sticking to their offer and have set a deadline.

Schiavone and  Nicol seem to be away.

The next bit was  a bit unclear to  me, Slattery has a deal to prove his fitness (why give him a year then )  and Fleming would probably be back-up  and that we may get a younger goalkeeper ( i wasnt sure from where maybe loan).

He stresses that it  is  vital that we  all  pull  together, off and on the  pitch as this wont  be  easy, He and Dick have  done it before  but it takes a lot of hard work and we should trust them and give  them time.

52 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

So we have 13 signed players (not counting the 4 young guys). Newton would make it 14, leaves 4-5 spaces  depending on Walls.

Exactly and it was suggested two signing s and two loans  Squad completed now let managers manage 

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

We have been drawn with Brechin, Alloa, Greenock Morton and St Johnstone I see.

Until we get venues & fixture dates things are less clear, but good to have some different teams in our group. 

56 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Until we get venues & fixture dates things are less clear, but good to have some different teams in our group. 

You should be away to St Johnstone and Alloa, home to Morton and Brechin I think if it’s the same format as previous years. 

On 28/05/2024 at 11:38, Beachcomber said:

Was an interesting and well  attended meeting last night.

Pink  was  very frank  in his thoughts. They (management ) are building a team that is well organised and hard to beat. He believes that the players who were re-signed have room to  improve and he seemed confident that they will.  He prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation.

We don't have the  biggest budget and hope to get  another 2 signings over the line soon, a  midfielder and  a forward (maybe?). They will then look for  a couple of loans, an attacking  midfielder i took it as. Looking for a squad of 18-19 with  all the young  players going on  loan,  presumably Rollo, Murray,Hambrook,Ramsey.

He described Munro as an absolute winner and leader, said that is what we lacked last season. and Peggie  will give us some steel.

He is confident Newton will re-sign but  Brogan Walls & Agent   believe he can play at a  higher level and wants more money but the club is  sticking to their offer and have set a deadline.

Schiavone and  Nicol seem to be away.

The next bit was  a bit unclear to  me, Slattery has a deal to prove his fitness (why give him a year then )  and Fleming would probably be back-up  and that we may get a younger goalkeeper ( i wasnt sure from where maybe loan).

He stresses that it  is  vital that we  all  pull  together, off and on the  pitch as this wont  be  easy, He and Dick have  done it before  but it takes a lot of hard work and we should trust them and give  them time.

Great initiative from this meeting was an opportunity to contribute to managers Fund.  Definitely an idea to get  some finance in for manager

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

You should be away to St Johnstone and Alloa, home to Morton and Brechin I think if it’s the same format as previous years. 

That would certainly fit last seasons format, however, I didn't think there was a format for the group stages. Would prefer to be away to Morton & Brechin, not visited them in a while, might have a slight chance of taking something from St Johnstone if they came to Bayview. 

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Greig Spence be a shout for EF surely. 

His last spell at Bayview was pretty uninspiring. Scored plenty goals at Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts, and suspect that is his level now

1 hour ago, Fifer4Life said:

Jude Smith has been released by Newcastle could do with trying to bring him home if the deal was right

Would certainly be a great acquisition but, I suspect he'll be looking for somewhere full time & with both celtic & Newcastle on his cv I can see someone coming in that can offer far more than we could.

On 29/05/2024 at 17:47, 1320Lichtie said:

Greig Spence be a shout for EF surely. 

21 hours ago, Darkness78 said:

His last spell at Bayview was pretty uninspiring. Scored plenty goals at Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts, and suspect that is his level now

Having watched him over the last season and a bit, I would be surprised if he joins another club above the Lowland League if i'm being honest. East Fife would suit him for location but in League 1&2, he has been pretty ineffective for about 5 or 6 years now and I can't see someone like Campbell coming in for him again personally.

33 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Season Ticket sales seem to be going really well.

Surely the BOD should consider opening up Section E at least for the coming season,for league games.

Section E,  Is that where the hospitality sit ?