The East Fife Thread

On 09/09/2024 at 22:58, Its not only a game said:

Well done Fash. Keep up that scoring rate and we will get promoted!🤞🤞🤞

See Dowds won the player of the month in the championship- last time he won from records was playing for the Campbells at Arbroath!

Would loved to of seen Tonks and Fash playing together - under the Campbells we would been unbeatable- The Campbells twins really know how to get the best out of guys!👏👏👏

7 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

I'm never convinced Millar and McManus can start together, whatever was up with Jess lets hope he recovers by Saturday as he and Millar were doing well together.

Did we not play those two last time we played Stranraer or a past game last season that they didn't look convincing together against same team.

Our squad could come back and bite us tbf same group of players. We look light of options upfront and I just knew by looking at McFarlane handing outside his penalty box has come back to hunt us too given the refereeing display wasn't a surprise. 

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

13 hours ago, Fifer4Life said:

Do we really need another midfielder when we are still light in defence and up top

Would of liked to have seen another player in by now in one of those positions

Walker coming in should cover the defence considering Murdo can cover Centre Back?

I don't know what Andrew Tod's best position is but like you said, if hes a centre mid its an odd addition.

Edited by Beachcomber

2 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Walker coming in should cover the defence considering Murdo can cover Centre Back?

I don't know what Andrew Tod's best position is but like you said, if hes a centre mid its an odd addition.

He's an attacking midfielder can play wide or more central (attacking).  Not a central midfielder that will tackle and spray passes around.

He's shown up quite well in the past and there definately a talent there but was injured most of last season and look a bit off it in the couple of pre-season games I saw him in. Still very young at 18.

Edited by Chubbychops

We needed that win given last week defeat away at Stranraer and we've closed the gap to Peterhead hope now we don't have any cup games until we play in Scottish cup to gain consistently at the top now. Hopefully Fleming now keeps his place and tod showed flashes on a good debut. All in all good weekend onto Ainslie park and the rest of the teams now....

The attendance figures given do they just include the people that are paying to get in.The game against Dunfermline the crowd was given as 1264.I don’t think I saw 600 empty seats.The Peterhead game was given as 628.Again it looked a good crowd and the half draw winnings were up.I take it the rest are complementries,helpers and sponsors or am I wrong.?

On 23/09/2024 at 13:40, troy said:

The attendance figures given do they just include the people that are paying to get in.The game against Dunfermline the crowd was given as 1264.I don’t think I saw 600 empty seats.The Peterhead game was given as 628.Again it looked a good crowd and the half draw winnings were up.I take it the rest are complementries,helpers and sponsors or am I wrong.?

My understanding is that the crowd comprises those who come through the turnstiles plus anyone in hospitality.

Season ticket holders who do not attend are not included in the crowd.

Having said that, perhaps someone closer to the club could answer that question.There do appear to be occasions when those actually in attendance seem to outnumber the number quoted by the club.

The season ticket holder has already paid their money for 18 home games so it should be included in each home game attendance not only when they get their ticket scanned, maybe I am missing something and sure someone will have the answer 

Assuming that out of the total of 628 there was at least 28 in the away end that would mean 600 in the home end can you honestly say that there was 400 empty seats in the home end, meaning it was nearly HALF empty???

No, I couldn’t either!!!

Also keeping in mind that if there was more than 28 in the away end then there was more than 400 empty seats in the home end!!!

Edited by King Kebab

21 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Assuming that out of the total of 628 there was at least 28 in the away end that would mean 600 in the home end can you honestly say that there was 400 empty seats in the home end, meaning it was nearly HALF empty???

No, I couldn’t either!!!

Also keeping in mind that if there was more than 28 in the away end then there was more than 400 empty seats in the home end!!!

I know what you mean, I've long wondered why the attendance figures seems much lower than was there. 

Last week I would've said 628 was the amount in the lounge! 

22 hours ago, King Kebab said:

No, I couldn’t either!!!

How many complementries (freebies) are issued for one home game.?

I'm quick to criticise, so it's only fair I complement the team on last week. Had we let Peterhead go 7 points ahead if us even at this stage, we'd have found it hard to catch them. Hopefully this result will make others take notice. 

I don't like Miller & McManus together but we got away with it on Saturday. Miller won everything, Newton has been a revelation this season & no ones mentioned Norey, I thought he looked good when he was on the park.

Austin worked his socks off. Really liked the look of Todd, wasn't sure if he'd be taking Troutens place, but managed to get them both out there. Todd looked quick, confident and got stuck in, an all action debut, with a booking, bleeding nose & hooked before bring Sent off thrown in! 

Still think we need a striker & Easton will be a big loss for the 12 weeks he's rumoured to be missing. 

Expect Spartans to start showing there true league form now the league cup campaign is over, just hope they are still suffering a cup hangover tomorrow! 

Mon the Fife!