The East Fife Thread

Craig Gunn and Kenny Mackay apart I don't think there is anyone else in this league who will get 15-20 goals.

We have a number of players who can chip in with goals, McAleer and Cook should get 10+ between them. McShane, Smith, Austin and Campbell should get well over 20.

Our main difference this season is our defence is a whole lot tighter and it's a good foundation to build on.

:lol:

Just as the Rankine story rears it's head at Livingston, now we have this.

No one really knows who owns the club and it's clear they aren't interested in the club's best interests.

I was happy when Murray took over but now we are back to square one again.

Edited by Mon_The_Fife

No one really knows who owns the club and it's clear they aren't interested in the club's best interests.

Without trying to be funny, why not? Are there foreign corporations or something involved? I'm aware of the regular suggestions that Neil Rankine owns the club through his niece or his girlfriend's daughter or something but the club is a limited company and it's share register can be downloaded from Companies House for £1. I haven't bothered doing so but I presume what you are saying is it's more complicated than just looking at that?

According to a post on AFTN, this is how the shareholdings look.

"Lorraine Twigg owns 69582 shares, Samantha Twigg 33166. The next biggest shareholding goes to a "Rodger" family who own 30450. The trust only own just over 5000".

According to a post on AFTN, this is how the shareholdings look.

"Lorraine Twigg owns 69582 shares, Samantha Twigg 33166. The next biggest shareholding goes to a "Rodger" family who own 30450. The trust only own just over 5000".

How many shares in issue? Who are the Twigg ladies?

Interesting interview with Lee in the Courier!!!

East Fife Board Undermined Me, Says Former Chairman

By Alan Temple

Lee Murray has resigned as east fife Chairman after just a year at the helm, insisting he has been undermined by the Club’s owners.

Murray, a Fife businessman, replaced Sid Collumbine last summer and was expected to spearhead a full takeover of the Bayview outfit but, after months of talks, Murray has been unable to persuade Lorraine Johnstone and Samantha Twigg to sell their combined 52% majority shareholding in the Club.

The final straw came last week when it was revealed that the owners had decided to invite former chairman Bruce Black back on to the board – a decision Murray believes made his position “untenable”.

He said; “In the last eight weeks, I have felt like things were not going in the right direction and I was going to resign earlier but the board asked me to reconsider.

“I have tried to find a way to progress, and at times I thought a happy medium was possible, but last week the major shareholder gave permission for a former chairman, Bruce Black, to ask for a seat on the board.

“That was solely to look after their interests and immediately makes me think; “What am I supposed to be doing here?” You can’t run the Club with owner’s undermining you. That was the end. They made my position untenable.

“It has become apparent that the current majority shareholders won’t sell their shares without getting silly money.”

Although East Fife suffered relegation to League Two last term, Murray fears much of the progress made by his board off the pitch could now collapse.

He added; ”The owners don’t have their boots on the ground and have not seen the good work done by this board.

“We have pledges from the council to build a 3G pitch that could be lost. We had a potential agreement to build a hotel on the grounds that could be lost

“The Club’s Academy has taken in over 400 kids and achieved “legacy” status from the SFA, the only Club in Fife to have that, since I became chairman. That could fall apart, because the people involved had bought into the vision we were trying to create.”

Murray revealed that a large portion of the East Fife board was ready to resign in solidarity, but he has urged them to stay in place.

Murray’s departure, meanwhile, is expected to have no bearing on the position of player/manager Gary Naysmith.

It was later reported that Jim Stevenson has been elected interim chairman by the remaining board members.

Catching this from the other side of the Atlantic so only really getting info from here and AFTN. Seems like another false hope in Lee. Hard to decide which version of events to believe. Looks like the only way of this seemingly endless saga to end is for the Ranine/Twigg shares to be sold, which, seems like it won't happen anytime soon. I won't be feeling optimistic about the future of the club until they are finally gone. Anyone got a spare £500,000 they could lend me?

The East Fife fans who were lapping up the 'revolution' just over a year ago or so must feel a bit silly now.... :unsure: :unsure:

Have had a wee look in to AFTN, and it looks fairly shambolic over the piece really. Seems very difficult to know who to believe, and about what. Some fans seem to still fully believe Lee Murray's every word, some seem to be accusing him of being all mouth and no action/ money....

Seems to me the club, off the pitch, has been an utter shambles for 15+ years now...

The East Fife fans who were lapping up the 'revolution' just over a year ago or so must feel a bit silly now.... :unsure: :unsure:

Have had a wee look in to AFTN, and it looks fairly shambolic over the piece really. Seems very difficult to know who to believe, and about what. Some fans seem to still fully believe Lee Murray's every word, some seem to be accusing him of being all mouth and no action/ money....

Seems to me the club, off the pitch, has been an utter shambles for 15+ years now...

Murray was a breath of fresh air when he came in. A local businessman who 'took over' control of his local club is something most fans of clubs would like.

Granted mistakes were made on and off the pitch, and Murray would fully admit that but for the first time in a long time there was a buzz about the club.

Sadly last season was just horrific on the pitch but things were ticking along nicely behind it.

It now looks as though we have gone back to the days of Derrick Brown, where the mystery of who actually owns the club is now back to the fore. Confidence is high for the season as we have a very good squad but shambles behind the scenes now looks to derail this.