The East Fife Thread

Dutot looked really good pre-season (But then again so did Jonny Stewart and look what happened there), comfortable on the ball and not scared of a challenge. Got injured and never really returned from that. Pretty sure the reason he was released was that after being told he was coming on as a sub, he refused to as it was "too cold".

Scott Smith was excellent with us on loan the season before last. Unfortunately he was like a different player last season in more ways than one. He turned up for pre season about 2 stone heavier than he had been 3 months earlier and Murray instantly made a move to bring in Linton. Anytime he did get a chance he resorted to aimless punts up the park and was struggling to keep up with anyone around him.

His season was summed up by the fact we played our best central midfielder at left back for 2 or 3 games when Linton was injured whilst Smith sat on the bench.

There is a player in there somewhere but if he's in the type of shape he was in last season it may take liposuction to find it.

It was seriously frustrating for us but all the best to him.

Scott Smith was excellent with us on loan the season before last. Unfortunately he was like a different player last season in more ways than one. He turned up for pre season about 2 stone heavier than he had been 3 months earlier and Murray instantly made a move to bring in Linton. Anytime he did get a chance he resorted to aimless punts up the park and was struggling to keep up with anyone around him.

His season was summed up by the fact we played our best central midfielder at left back for 2 or 3 games when Linton was injured whilst Smith sat on the bench.

There is a player in there somewhere but if he's in the type of shape he was in last season it may take liposuction to find it.

It was seriously frustrating for us but all the best to him.

Yup can't really add much to this, if you can get Scott fit then you will have the best left-back in the league by some distance. That is a very big if though, good luck to him played a huge part in our great escape season.

Good looking squad you have assembled McShane was terrific for us and if Naysmith can get his head in the right place then Alan Cook can be a tremendous player, Kev Smith should also be a very good player at that level. He was unlucky with us with nothing seeming to go his way but is a seemed like a great guy when I spoke to him and his goal record at Raith speaks for itself.

All the best this season, with that many ex Sons you must be in with Annan in the promotion stakes :P

What two games have you seen Fleming play?

the two recent games at the moment suggest to me that he is no where near as good as Rooney is but i hope he proves me wrong if picked, still early days. On a plus note he has made one or two good decent saves one at the end of the second half against Fulham and the other game was a penalty save against st Johnstone from Maclean.

The only saves he made was when the ball was hit right at him, I don't understand why he was trying to show off so much.

His "showing off" did cost us the third goal right enough, but I, personally have seen enough to think he'll do ok next season, also think he'll be first choice!!!

Personally I thought Lewis Barr was East Fifes best player.

Barr was good, caught sleeping at the second goal though, but again, I think I've seen enough from him to consider him (along with Brown) as a starter for next season!!!

Match Highlights from the Hearts Game!!!

btw check it out at 2:46 for perhaps the worst freekick ever captured on video!!! :lol:

http://vimeo.com/100609868

While that is rather poor to say the least, I feel the need to remind you of Hibs signing of the 'Brazillian Roberto Carlos' who produced some stunning free kick attempts, much like the one captured below.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyGZ1gURL78

While that is rather poor to say the least, I feel the need to remind you of Hibs signing of the 'Brazillian Roberto Carlos' who produced some stunning free kick attempts, much like the one captured below.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyGZ1gURL78

:lol::lol:

I remember that and it was indeed shite, but honestly, how do differentiate between degrees of shite???

And also wasn't the "Brazilian Roberto Carlos", Roberto Carlos??? :blink:

When is Rustybitz(not even going to attempt his name) contracted until? There were a few rumours doing the rounds at Somerset today that he will sign for us on the 1st August when his contract runs out with use