The East Fife Thread

Mullen is a bit of a w**k but he should be playing at a higher level than league 2. However he should get regular playing time and it could work out well for him if he stays motivated.

Very decent signing from East Fife

Anybody heard any more about the rumour of James McFadden joining us???

Him and Naysmith were mates and roomies when playing for Everton and Scotland so perhaps not as much of a long shot as you may think, especially if it's in a Coaching capacity as well!!!

Another terrific signing at this level. We've significantly improved in each position on paper at least.

If we could just sign a proven 20+ goals a season hitman and I would then say that we are in considerably good shape!!!

But even if we don't, you must admit that the difference between us now and us at this stage last season is frightening!!!

Heard there will be a few players in on Saturday for Naysmith to have a look at. A certain Scottish Premiership journeyman included.

mcfaddenG_468x361.jpg

Mullen should easily be the best right back in the league of what I've seen of him. Hearing very strong rumours that Naysmith WILL play this season also so there's our back 4 sorted. Fleming seems to be getting some decent reports too. Very happy with the way things are shaping up... Surely we wont be able to bring in McFadden though? Stranger things have happened mind you!

If we sign McFadden it would be the biggest signing in my time following the club, but I can't see it. Don't think he's quite at the stage where he's looking to drop a few divisions and start coaching.

Very happy with the Mullen signing, as said he may be the best full back in the league. If we have Mullen and Naysmith as full backs, with Rutkiewicz and Campbell in the middle, that's the makings of our strongest back four for a while if everyone stays fit.

Happy that Naysmith has said he wants to give more youngsters a chance, so I think we're only looking to bring in 2-3 more players before the start of the season. Then we can plug any further gaps with loanees. Looking a lot more stable than last season though. A full pre-season for the team to gel.

Think I'd like one more full back and one more winger as priorities.

According to the Official Site, Allan Fleming has signed tonight from Kelty Hearts!!!

Good keeper, watched him a few times and he'll cut it in the third tier easily.

Some really good signings from East Five so far.

Seems to be doing well but just about every game there will be a bad mistake or a bad tackle .Sent off 3 times last season.

I liked Gary thom solid and won most balls in the air, the first sending off at Forfar was never a red card.

Average. Bit of a liability but certainly wasn't the worst out of last season's bad bunch. Still glad he went though.

Pretty much this. His signing was met with a bit of a "meh" feeling but he proved to be one of our better performers, even though he was prone to the odd absolute bombscare moment.

Having said that, he's not afraid to get stuck in and will always give 100%!