The East Fife Thread

I don’t think we’ll see too many signings now until we know the fate of the lads who have been offered new deals. I’m assuming we’ll go with a squad of around 20, 4 of which will be loans. So I don’t expect more than 16 or 17 signed players. That’s us up to 11 now? with a few more to decide if they’ll sign or not.

We're only waiting on Dunsmore and Watson to make their mind up so that takes us up to 13, if they sign, so at least 3 more to go if we're going up to the numbers you suggest, hopefully they are all forwards!!!
Will Darren be signing on as a player again this year???

Also the shirts got numbers printed up to and including number 24 last season, 77 if you include fannybawz, nothing to suggest we can't have those numbers again, so perhaps a squad of 20 with 4 loanees!!!

We're only waiting on Dunsmore and Watson to make their mind up so that takes us up to 13, if they sign, so at least 3 more to go if we're going up to the numbers you suggest, hopefully they are all forwards!!!
Will Darren be signing on as a player again this year???

I’d imagine he’ll register himself but doubt he’ll do anything more than make up the numbers on the bench. Was that 24 over the whole season or at the start of the season?

If dunsmore and Watson sign on I think we’re looking pretty good defensively, just need that final third to sort out. Is duggan definitely away? Would be nice if we got a few more in before pre-season starts so we just need to bring in the loanees. It’s quickly gone from no players to a decent starting 11 which is encouraging.

Does everyone think the players brought in have improved the team from last year?

I’d imagine he’ll register himself but doubt he’ll do anything more than make up the numbers on the bench. Was that 24 over the whole season or at the start of the season?

If dunsmore and Watson sign on I think we’re looking pretty good defensively, just need that final third to sort out. Is duggan definitely away? Would be nice if we got a few more in before pre-season starts so we just need to bring in the loanees. It’s quickly gone from no players to a decent starting 11 which is encouraging.

Does everyone think the players brought in have improved the team from last year?

Think it was 24 at the start but numbers got reused, Ben Gordon was 16 at the start of the season then it was Hurst and then it was Livingstone, 18 was Darren Young and then it was Scott Linton's, we definitely used more players than we had shirts for, the Loanees tops all had 2-3 players in them at least!!!

And though it's sore to see the likes of Wilkie and Duggan go I do think that Darren has the makings of a side there but he better get the striking situation sorted out quick, we've made great strides defensively and in the midfield but we don't want to be left behind with the leftovers that nobody else has wanted up top!!!

18 minutes ago, westcoastfifer said:

Massive improvement I would say tbh with who DY has brought in but areas upfront need improve or better quality uptop. The shape of defenders we've got and IF both Watson and Dunsmore re- signed then that's a pretty good wall at the back we've got, midfield we have improved by bringing in Agnew and re-signing Thomson but still would add one or two there but everything is encouraging to see.

Massive improvement I would say tbh with who DY has brought in but areas upfront need improve or better quality uptop.

Up front or uptop, we've only got King Kev and that's it!!!
He's good but he'll need a bit of help don't you think???[emoji6]

35 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Up front or uptop, we've only got King Kev and that's it!!!
He's good but he'll need a bit of help don't you think???emoji6.png

Yeah agree he'll need a lot more support and we'll need to add the one reckonise striker at the club. But with only Kev I'm still pretty confident going into this season tbh.

1 minute ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Yeah agree he'll need a lot more support and we'll need to add the one reckonise striker at the club. But with only Kev I'm still pretty confident going into this season tbh.

Time to buy season tickets now. 

The more people who buy their Season Tickets now, the better chance we have of getting Spence!!!

Apparently spence is Stenny bound ..

Apparently Spence is going to every club in the division apart from Raith!!!

Dean Shiels' chauffeur seen running into the K&K chippie on Methilbrae at tea time there!!![emoji6]

Had some empty Barr's bottles in a bag with him as well!!!