The East Fife Thread

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

A nice and new Tuesday and we're into the 30's!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 39)
Long
Dunsmore, Dunlop, Page, Meggatt
Thomson, Davidson, Docherty, Linton
Smith, Agnew

Subs: Slattery, Kane, Young???

Buzzing we can now do this.

Long

Dunlop, Page, Meggatt

Dunsmore, Slattery, Docherty, Linton

Thomson, Agnew , Smith

Subs: Davidson, Kane, Young???

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nice wee TV bonus for us as well I suppose.

Personally I would just sell the 2,000 tickets to Hearts fans and be done with it.

No direct TV bonus as the money from televised games goes into the generally pot I believe

How you put Linton  or Thomson  in a team before Slattery  is  strange 

It's all about opinions, but I'm playing it safe and am putting all Young's signings in the starting 11 as and when they happen!!!

Do you think there is some nefarious reason for this? - there isn't!!!

And I wouldn't play Slattery wide anyway!!!

Buzzing we can now do this.

Long
Dunlop, Page, Meggatt
Dunsmore, Slattery, Docherty, Linton
Thomson, Agnew , Smith

Subs: Davidson, Kane, Young???

I like the look of that three at the back, but I'll stick to the boring old 442 for the daily squad statements for the moment, also I don't think Davidson is here to sit on the bench, think he's going to be one of our main options now!!!

Just now, King Kebab said:

I like the look of that three at the back, but I'll stick to the boring old 442 for the daily squad statements for the moment, also I don't think Davidson is here to sit on the bench, think he's going to be one of our main options now!!!

Totally, Im just putting Pat in as if you go to bayview you will see him out there training by himself a few times a week just now... If thats not commitment to the club i dont know what is!

Totally, Im just putting Pat in as if you go to bayview you will see him out there training by himself a few times a week just now... If thats not commitment to the club i dont know what is!

It certainly is, I thought he lived in Dumfries???

Need at least 2 strikers and another goalie, am glad we’ve at least signed some players, bit worried most of them seem defensively minded, agnew, Thomson and smith are the only real attacking players in there, and a don’t feel we can rely on smith as much as we used to. So fingers crossed we can get at least a couple of strikers

Need at least 2 strikers and another goalie, am glad we’ve at least signed some players, bit worried most of them seem defensively minded, agnew, Thomson and smith are the only real attacking players in there, and a don’t feel we can rely on smith as much as we used to. So fingers crossed we can get at least a couple of strikers

Why are you worried???
It was clear for all to see that our problem last season was the way we were shipping goals, so defence was obviously going to be sorted first and to be fair only 2 of the new signings are defenders!!!

Why are you worried???
It was clear for all to see that our problem last season was the way we were shipping goals, so defence was obviously going to be sorted first and to be fair only 2 of the new signings are defenders!!!

Am worried cause our only striker is probs not coming back, and now we have none........goals win you games at the end of the day. I am delighted we seem to have signed a few at the back. I shall reserve judgement until I’ve seen them play.....after the whole Ben Gordon thing. But we need a goalie, and a couple of forwards. The only Elgin fan that replied about long said he should be a decent back up.......once again I will judge him when I’ve seen him. With boys like Wilkie away and we no longer have the robinsons of the world...we can’t rely on midfield goals, we need a 20 goal a season man up top, and a decent back up if hes injured

3 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Am worried cause our only striker is probs not coming back, and now we have none........goals win you games at the end of the day. I am delighted we seem to have signed a few at the back. I shall reserve judgement until I’ve seen them play.....after the whole Ben Gordon thing. But we need a goalie, and a couple of forwards. The only Elgin fan that replied about long said he should be a decent back up.......once again I will judge him when I’ve seen him. With boys like Wilkie away and we no longer have the robinsons of the world...we can’t rely on midfield goals, we need a 20 goal a season man up top, and a decent back up if hes injured

Cant rely on midfield goals but signed the highest scoring midfielder in the league last season...

In the next few days people will get released from clubs higher up the divisions and we can start picking off who we fancy 

Cant rely on midfield goals but signed the highest scoring midfielder in the league last season...
In the next few days people will get released from clubs higher up the divisions and we can start picking off who we fancy 

How many of Agnew’s goals were from open play? Guy seemed to get a penalty every other week.

Not losing goals also wins you games you know and that was a BIG failing last year, I'm more than happy with this building from the back style we've been on and as SirScotty said, players are just now co
I g to the end of their contracts, the players are there we just have to sort the wheat from the chaff!!!
The defence is sorted (esp if Watson re-signs), yes we need another keeper, probably one more midfielder (if Watson re-signs) and every spare effort, place, pound and contract should be thrown at the attack!!!

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How many of Agnew’s goals were from open play? Guy seemed to get a penalty every other week.

Take it him and Sparky will be fighting over them next season then!!!

Sparky was our 2nd top scorer last season and he only scored once from open play!!!:lol:

Not losing goals also wins you games you know and that was a BIG failing last year, I'm more than happy with this building from the back style we've been on and as SirScotty said, players are just now co
I g to the end of their contracts, the players are there we just have to sort the wheat from the chaff!!!
The defence is sorted (esp if Watson re-signs), yes we need another keeper, probably one more midfielder (if Watson re-signs) and every spare effort, place, pound and contract should be thrown at the attack!!!

A reckon a few boys on here just get excited who ever we sign, a love Scots optimism a few days we’ll be able to pick who we want ?[emoji23] a reckon it’ll be the same as every other year, taking the left overs.....

Delighted with the signings, Young hasn't fucked about in bringing players in that's for sure! Looking forward to seeing the new players in action whilst wearing that seriously smart as f**k 3rd top!

I won't be buying a season ticket as sadly I work shifts, play golf (badly) and wouldn't be worth it. Does anyone know if you can still donate to managers fund and if so, will the money donated go straight to squads wages?

A reckon a few boys on here just get excited who ever we sign, a love Scots optimism a few days we’ll be able to pick who we want ?[emoji23] a reckon it’ll be the same as every other year, taking the left overs.....

Well you're a ray of brilliant sunshine aren't you???

This is the best start we've made to a pre season since f**k knows when and you're still trying to rain on the parade, now God knows, I'm not one of the happy clappers that won't take any criticism of the Club whether valid or not , but c'mon man credit where it is due!!!