The East Fife Thread

Sounds like a lack of Plan B by the manager ...let’s be fair Raith had the best squad of players but your manager blew it with the wrong line ups and sticking to his belief that he knew best . Seems like he is on a sticky wicket this season if your not running away with it January your board will be forced to look elsewhere
After the way last season ended Smith has very little credit in the bank with the majority of our support. If we don't get off to a flyer he'll be in for a tough time of it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Going by the highlights and reports it was clear that Duggan was very isolated on his own. Given better service and support he will score plenty goals. I thought with Wilkie and Lamont behind him it would work for us, sadly injuries ruined that and we didn’t really see the 3 form any sort of consistency.

13 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Scott Mcbride coming in for pre season

Hmmm. Nae in love with that, he works hard and it's harder to dislike him as much as a Paul Willis but I don't see how he improves us.

Anyway, for the 3rd day, geez a striker.

Well, that was a surprisingly quiet day yesterday, let's hope for the start of some weekend action today!!!
Squad for Match Day (Minus 36)
Long
Dunsmore, Dunlop, Page, Meggatt
Thomson, Davidson, Docherty, Linton
Smith, Agnew

Subs: Slattery, Kane, Young???

C'mon...
something today, pretty please!!!

It would be a pity to waste a wage on McBride he couldn't get a game at his last club and they were pretty poor.

Wouldn’t be too fussed if we did get him might help to have someone on the cheap with a little bit of experience rather than a kid in on loan [emoji106][emoji106]

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:51, Scary Bear said:

emoji23.png

I look forward to seeing the total respect for Baz Smith and Chris Duggan on their return to Methil.

The same respect you lot showed towards Baz at the end of last season , wanting him sacked ?  total wankers who think you are bigger than you are . :(

1 minute ago, tazz1903 said:

The same respect you lot showed towards Baz at the end of last season , wanting him sacked ?  total wankers who think you are bigger than you are . :(

Whaddiya mean last season?

Nothing’s changed on that front as far as I’m concerned.

As for the total wankers comment I’ll bow to your expertise, you are obviously more adept at recognising them given where you sit most Saturdays.

No thanks to McBride, did very little the last time he was here and hasn’t done much since he left either. He certainly wouldn’t be an upgrade on Wilkie or Lamont despite their injury problems.

Exactly!!!

If you are prepared to release players of the calibre of Wilkie and Lamont then it stands to reason that their replacements must be better than them, or at least of the same standard. And as nice a guy as McBride is and all that, he certainly isn't!!!

I know McBride played under Young at Albion but it's a bit of a strange move considering McBride had a lot of injury troubles last season and Young cited the fitness issues of Wilkie and Lamont when he released them.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Good point, I hope it's no more than Darren giving a mate an opportunity to get fit and get himself a team (not us)!!!