The East Fife Thread

Game just finished. Amazing from the club and everyone involved to get the game streamed on YouTube. The quality of the stream was decent and was great to see the game even though I couldn’t make it.

Not a great performance but to be expected with all the new players and trialists. Thought Tuta was outstanding when he came on...

Tonight's the night, fully expect tonight's team to either be exactly like this...

Squad for Match Day (Minus 18)

Long

Dunsmore, Dunlop, Watson, Meggatt

Thomson, Davidson, Watt, Agnew

Smith, Court

Subs: Docherty, Slattery, Kane, Linton, Young???

...or completely different!!!

Dunlop is on holiday & Sparky isn't fit so completely different is more like it!

Starting 11

Long

Dunsmore

Meggatt

Watson

Kane

Thompson

Watt

Agnew

Davidson

Smith

Court

5x trailists on bench

So part from Kane in place of the holidaying Dunlop, basically player for player, position for position and formation!!!

Just call me a soccer visionary!!![emoji1]

IMG_3780.jpg

Anton Dowds who played the second half was top goal scorer/ player of the year for Heriot Watt in the EOS league last season.

Was that the big fella that came on, No. 17 I think???

I Thought McWatters/McWilliams whoever his name was had pace on the wing. Watson had a solid game i like the look of Finn when he came on and the lad Dowds, it was good to see us back playing again and 1st game in of pre-season.

Caught the last 10 mins or so of the game on YouTube, Dowds look a big unit and a proper target man, something we have lacked for a while. McBride did very little for us last time and part of an Albion Rovers team that were relegated last season, wouldn’t be a good signing.

21 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Caught the last 10 mins or so of the game on YouTube, Dowds look a big unit and a proper target man, something we have lacked for a while. McBride did very little for us last time and part of an Albion Rovers team that were relegated last season, wouldn’t be a good signing.

Mcbride looked good yesterday and wasn’t part of the Albion squad last year. He was at Forfar...

The Uncompletely Different, 100% guaranteed starting 11!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 17)
 Long
Dunsmore, Kane, Watson, Meggatt
 Thomson, Davidson, Watt, Agnew
 Smith, Court
 Subs: Docherty, Slattery, Dunlop, Linton, Young???

Think all the plusses for me from last night were the look of the new signings, I thought Agnew was the best player on the park followed by Watson, Davidson looked very assured particularly in the first half, Meggatt while not looking 100% (think he's picked up a knock in training hasn't he?) looked solid and safe, I don't think we'll be losing as many goals down that side this season as we did last term!!!

Dunsmore came more and more into it as the game went on and started to look like his old self up until he was subbed, Kano was Kano and Watt looked a handful, but I thought we looked pretty poor up front, we know what Kev can do and he just needs games after his long layoff and injury battles but Court looks to be a "confidence" player to me and as soon as he scores a couple he'll get that!!!

If I'm honest I didn't see anything from the outfield trialists, thought the keeper did OK and would like to see him again, but the others didn't add anything that we don't already have, I liked Finn and thought we should have signed him last time we had him on trial but we have Watt now and they are both the same sort of player, the big lad up front may be one for the future but so is Court and in my mind that is an area that we need somebody with a bit of proven experience and the would be harder to find!!!

So in my mind, keep a hold of the keeper for another look but keep looking for outfield players!!!

I reckon we need at least 4 more players: a keeper, another right sided attacking midfielder and at least two forwards preferably ones that have done it before!!!

Think all the plusses for me from last night were the look of the new signings, I thought Agnew was the best player on the park followed by Watson, Davidson looked very assured particularly in the first half, Meggatt while not looking 100% (think he's picked up a knock in training hasn't he?) looked solid and safe, I don't think we'll be losing as many goals down that side this season as we did last term!!!
Dunsmore came more and more into it as the game went on and started to look like his old self up until he was subbed, Kano was Kano and Watt looked a handful, but I thought we looked pretty poor up front, we know what Kev can do and he just needs games after his long layoff and injury battles but Court looks to be a "confidence" player to me and as soon as he scores a couple he'll get that!!!
If I'm honest I didn't see anything from the outfield trialists, thought the keeper did OK and would like to see him again, but the others didn't add anything that we don't already have, I liked Finn and thought we should have signed him last time we had him on trial but we have Watt now and they are both the same sort of player, the big lad up front may be one for the future but so is Court and in my mind that is an area that we need somebody with a bit of proven experience and the would be harder to find!!!
So in my mind, keep a hold of the keeper for another look but keep looking for outfield players!!!
I reckon we need at least 4 more players: a keeper, another right sided attacking midfielder and at least two forwards preferably ones that have done it before!!!

Totally disagree, i thought Finn Graham was the best man on the park when he came on, always found space and was always looking to play forward, it was a mistake not signing him last time and in my opinion it would be a mistake again not trying to get him to sign on, i know its the first game but i was totally underwhelmed by our 2 central midfielders, here's hoping they improve as the season progresses