The East Fife Thread

Out of that list I think i'd be happy enough to see Liam Buchanan, David Cowan and Marc McKenzie at Gayfield.... the rest certainly wouldn't inspire me. Am I wrong in thinking these three could probably do a job for us? I presume Buchanan would have to potentially up his work rate, Cowan has a decent enough pedigree but is he past it now, and McKenzie would need to find the form he was in at Cowden as oppossed to New Bayview?

Also - I'd be absolutely amazed if John Gemmell signed for anyone in the 3rd division, aside from ourselves.

Buchanan didn't have a bad season I don't think. 12 goals isn't a bad return playing in a side who've had such a bad season. I think he'd be a good signing for any L2 team. The issue might be wages. Don't know what he was on but assume it wasn't peanuts. Naysmith may just have felt that he didn't provide value for money and wasn't worth keeping on when the budget is inevitably tightened.

To be honest, that's probably the case with a few players.

I'd be pretty surprised if Gemmell signed for any L2 club. I'd have thought a few L1 clubs would try and sign him if he's leaving Stenny.

Saw that Lee said on twitter that they are just confirming pre season fixtures and they should be revealed by the end of the week. May be the big news?

I would have hoped that the club would have learned it's lesson about these 'big news coming soon' types announcements. Let's just hope it's not a fucking lawnmower again.

Gemmell will go where the money is, so I wouldn't be too shocked if he ended up down here with folk looking to throw money away to get out of here.

He's a quality player, no doubt about it, but if a league two side sign him I could see him being a disaster. He needs to be motivated to be at his best and I don't think dropping down a league is going to do that. Think back to his time at Montrose. He'd be a big risk given the fee and wage you'd pay to gain his services. I'd love to see him in the black and gold but under the circumstances, with the fee, wage and his flop at Montrose, I don't think the timing is right.

What happened to Bobby "budgie boy" Barr?

Also I'd like to thank East Fife for giving Annan possibly the worst footballer I've ever seen, Bob Campbell. Fking horrendous he was. Played left wing was about 6 foot 3 but never went up for a corner was always the last man back. Only played 1 mediocre game against Dumbarton that was it.

Is smith on that list as well?

Yeah, totally forgot about him! Edited in now.

What happened to Bobby "budgie boy" Barr?

Also I'd like to thank East Fife for giving Annan possibly the worst footballer I've ever seen, Bob Campbell. Fking horrendous he was. Played left wing was about 6 foot 3 but never went up for a corner was always the last man back. Only played 1 mediocre game against Dumbarton that was it.

Bobby Barr is at Brechin now. Who the f**k is Bob Campbell :lol: ?

Think back to his time at Montrose.

To be fair on Gemmell he was in a poor Montrose team and being asked to play Left Wing by a poor manager that's never managed to get himself back. Looking at his time at Albion & Cowdenbeath at this level then I honestly don't think he'd be a risk at all.

To be fair on Gemmell he was in a poor Montrose team and being asked to play Left Wing by a poor manager that's never managed to get himself back. Looking at his time at Albion & Cowdenbeath at this level then I honestly don't think he'd be a risk at all.

That happened in one game only- against you.

Montrose were at a very low ebb that season and Gemmell, like most of the rest of that's season's squad, didn't cover himself in glory. Apart from a good spell in February / March that year he was absolutely atrocious, and was quite rightly shown the door after being sent off in successive games in April.

anyway, as others have said, he will stay in league one unless someone is throwing about Gretna-esque money in our league; I don't see that happening.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Personally, awful! Spends most of the time screaming at his team mates than he does playing (trying to) football. Maybe L2 will suit him best.

After all the hype in the papers about him and Anderson coming in, it's fair to say they never flourished.

Sounds promising.

Interesting to see that East Fife Chairman, Lee Murray's twitter profile has completely changed and no longer includes "chairman of East Fife". Should we be worried? Should find out more this evening at the supporters club meeting.

Interesting to see that East Fife Chairman, Lee Murray's twitter profile has completely changed and no longer includes "chairman of East Fife". Should we be worried? Should find out more this evening at the supporters club meeting.

Noticed this too, completely removed any East Fife relevance from his twitter profile.