The East Fife Thread

Mbu - can have good games, soild in the air but has slow pace same reason he was released by stenny think he has went downhill but could be a good signing at leauge 2 level and consitenacy was there.

Mckenzie - was a disappointing signing in January, has pace but lacks in all areas and doesn't help when he looks smaller than opposition players, was great at cowden.

Clarke - has went downhill was injured during the season and only seem or managed one goal all season in his first season at bayview, he does need confiendance I bet clyde fans will want him.

Buchanan - was top goalscorer but felt in other games he was too lazy and head height was a problem at times, didn't see him do any headers often upfront but could do a job at leauges 1 and 2, prob he could do with a fresh start.

Looks like Pato is gone Fisher might stay ..Cook and Coult probably headed in possible Gemmell ..fee to be determined for Cook..Buchanan to airdrie or Stirling Stoney off to kennoway Durie to brechin

I think fishers way too good for this level, where you hearing gemmell from? He would get a league one club if he wanted.

Buchanan to Stirling

Source or guess?

How do East Fife fans feel about getting rid of Mbu and Thom? They are two players who could cope with League 2 football. Is the release of Craig Johnstone a shock? He seemed genuinely gutted following the match on Sunday and in his interview. Seemed like he wanted to stay.

Source or guess?

How do East Fife fans feel about getting rid of Mbu and Thom? They are two players who could cope with League 2 football. Is the release of Craig Johnstone a shock? He seemed genuinely gutted following the match on Sunday and in his interview. Seemed like he wanted to stay.

Joes just too slow now I would of kept Gary thom I can't remember him putting a foot wrong all season, I expected Johnstone to be releases he's struggled the last two seasons but saying that he's not been played in his position of left midfield since John Robertson left.

Big Joe was a colossus in Cowdenbeath's championship winning season, but since then he's looked a bombscare at Stenny and your lot.

Crazy how far part-time players can fall so quickly.

Mbu has only ever looked good playing alongside John Armstrong outwith that he's been found out as an atrocious player.

I make that, including loan players, a minimum of 16 players gone! Much needed but it's going to be a busy pre-season for Gary and Lee. If the rumours of Cook, Coult and Gemmell are true I'll take them. I'm sure with Gary's connections and Robbie Neil Neilson at Hearts we'll bring in a few loans from there.

I'm guessing it will be a smaller squad next season, smaller budget, so it will be interesting to see what Gary can do. Hopefully some news of signings very shortly...

On the Official Website this morning!!!

We confirm that the following players have left the club :-

Liam Buchanan

Pat Clarke

David Cowan

Scott Durie

Bruce Inkango

Craig Johnstone

Marc McKenzie

Joe Mbu

Scott McBride

Greg Paterson

Ryan Stewart

Johnny Stewart

Gary Thom

We did try to agree a deal to keep Gary Fisher at the club but this failed and therefore Gary will also be leaving us.

We can confirm that Assistant Manager, Paul Hegarty has also left the club.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish Paul and all the Players the very best for the future.

More news will be released in the coming days.

The list of players leaving, in full. Obviously a massive clear-out which is just what we wanted/needed. It's now going to be one hell of a task for Gary and Lee to try and convince players to join for next season. Will take Cook and Gemmell but I don't fancy Lewis Coult. I have to say I'm quite relieved that Paul Hegarty has agreed to leave the club as well. One of the most negative and uninspiring coaches I've ever seen at EF.

Liam Buchanan

Pat Clarke

David Cowan

Scott Durie

Gary Fisher

Bruce Inkango

Craig Johnstone

Marc McKenzie

Joe Mbu

Scott McBride

Greg Paterson

Ryan Stewart

Johnny Stewart

Gary Thom

Only player I would've kept from that list is Paterson, but I reckon he probably wanted to play at a slightly higher level. I've certainly seen no official announcements regarding Cook so there's nothing official there I don't think. Can't say i'm overly excited at the idea of Lewis Coult either. John Gemmell on the other hand yes, but there is no way he'd come to us.

Our squad now looks like this...

Rooney

Rutkiewicz

Campbell

Brown

Barr

Fash.

Smith

Pretty happy with that base to build on.

ETA Kevin Smith to the list.

Edited by Dave.

The list of players leaving, in full. Obviously a massive clear-out which is just what we wanted/needed. It's now going to be one hell of a task for Gary and Lee to try and convince players to join for next season. Will take Cook and Gemmell but I don't fancy Lewis Coult. I have to say I'm quite relieved that Paul Hegarty has agreed to leave the club as well. One of the most negative and uninspiring coaches I've ever seen at EF.

Liam Buchanan

Pat Clarke

David Cowan

Scott Durie

Gary Fisher

Bruce Inkango

Craig Johnstone

Marc McKenzie

Joe Mbu

Scott McBride

Greg Paterson

Ryan Stewart

Johnny Stewart

Gary Thom

Out of that list I think i'd be happy enough to see Liam Buchanan, David Cowan and Marc McKenzie at Gayfield.... the rest certainly wouldn't inspire me. Am I wrong in thinking these three could probably do a job for us? I presume Buchanan would have to potentially up his work rate, Cowan has a decent enough pedigree but is he past it now, and McKenzie would need to find the form he was in at Cowden as oppossed to New Bayview?

Also - I'd be absolutely amazed if John Gemmell signed for anyone in the 3rd division, aside from ourselves.

Was Pat Clarke shite then? Against Clyde at Broadwood he played in centre mid which I thought was very strange - has he been dumped in there all season, or had he been given a fair crack as a striker as well?

You're lucky if his appearances got into double figures for us if im being honest, with most of them coming in the last couple of weeks. I think a lack of confidence was Pat's problem, and when he did play he looked like he didn't want to be on the field. But aye, in a nutshell... He was fucking awful.

Only player I would've kept from that list is Paterson, but I reckon he probably wanted to play at a slightly higher level. I've certainly seen no official announcements regarding Cook so there's nothing official there I don't think. Can't say i'm overly excited at the idea of Lewis Coult either. John Gemmell on the other hand yes, but there is no way he'd come to us.

Our squad now looks like this...

Rooney

Rutkiewicz

Campbell

Brown

Barr

Fash.

Pretty happy with that base to build on.

Is smith on that list as well?

Very pleased with the news coming out of Bayview this morning, near enough every player released rightly deserves to be & very few if any will find a club at League 1 or higher.

Like I said in my previous post I wouldn't of minded Liam Buchanan & Gary Thom staying as they've both been decent this season & would do a job in League 2, however they're gone now & I'm sure Naysmith will have adequate replacements lined up.

Lee Murray tweeting yesterday expecting "big news" by the end of the week, hopefully get a few players in so we can start to mould together the squad, out of the names mentioned Lewis Coult & Alan Cook seems most likely & I'd be very happy with both if they did sign. Not sure what's going to happen in terms of our goalkeeping situation as Pato has been chucked & I'm not sure whether Dylan Rooney is quite ready to be our number one just yet! All will be revealed In the coming weeks!

On a side note, does anyone know when our pre-season games are being announced?