The East Fife Thread

Not surprising really. Presumably, the full-time contract offers on the table have to be more than he's currently earning as a PT player on top of his other work, whatever that may be, for him to be persuaded to sign. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Go on Tonks! Another year at East Fife won't hurt!

Think 1 more year with us would benefit anton more than going full time, another year and he will be ready for that

14 minutes ago, effc loyal said:

Think 1 more year with us would benefit anton more than going full time, another year and he will be ready for that

Or a loss of form and he may miss his chance at full time football 

Can we use big Jimmy Anderson's free cash to build a terrace behind the goals please? [emoji56]

Alas that is not the purpose of the funds. As i understand it’s to help clubs with Covid related expenditure and to help them through tough times as a result of no fans in attendance in the short term. Terrace expenditure is one for the shareholders of the club I suspect.

Amazing gesture by Mr Anderson - clearly also a smart man and he wont want his donations used for wage inflation or as I say items of expenditure that the shareholders should be undertaking.As an aside- would hope that the larger clubs in Scotland would leave the donations for clubs in the Championship and Lower leagues.

4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

If Anton is away there is only one man we can bring back to fill the void left...

Step up....

Cedric Tuta!!!

Might be worth keeping an eye on the Kelty Gravy Train, if they don’t have enough to continue bankrolling their gamble, we should go for Fash again!!!

Great gesture but completely to save Hearts.
Suddenly it's 14-10-10-10. The money will come in handy but let's not pretend it's anything other than to save Hearts

Alas that is not the purpose of the funds. As i understand it’s to help clubs with Covid related expenditure and to help them through tough times as a result of no fans in attendance in the short term. Terrace expenditure is one for the shareholders of the club I suspect.

Amazing gesture by Mr Anderson - clearly also a smart man and he wont want his donations used for wage inflation or as I say items of expenditure that the shareholders should be undertaking.As an aside- would hope that the larger clubs in Scotland would leave the donations for clubs in the Championship and Lower leagues.

14 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:
Great gesture but completely to save Hearts.Suddenly it's 14-10-10-10. The money will come in handy but let's not pretend it's anything other than to save Hearts 

Surely the Club will vote against this latest farce, as will the majority of League One Clubs I would imagine, losing the money generated by matches against Raith is bad but to ultimately lose the money from home matches against Partick and Falkirk as well is going to be even more of a hit I would imagine!!!

But then again you would imagine that if it happens we would then become one of the favourites for the title, swings and roundabouts, witches hats and cheesecutters I suppose!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Another belter from the Club’s “ Wallpaper Wednesday” run!!!

they were obviously having to wait before releasing this one!!!

DC814281-38E0-4443-A54D-FF3306C5C10A.jpeg

14 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Might be worth keeping an eye on the Kelty Gravy Train, if they don’t have enough to continue bankrolling their gamble, we should go for Fash again!!!

No chance, burnt his bridges with us when he signed for kelty. Would there be any chance we could temp Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City if Dowds left though? 

No chance, burnt his bridges with us when he signed for kelty. Would there be any chance we could temp Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City if Dowds left though? 

3 goals in 17 appearances for Edinburgh City last season in Division 2. No guarantee that he could step up to League 1. No thanks. Cmon Anton keep the band of brothers together for another season !!!

Cutting our nose off to spite our face there wouldn’t you say???

Even although the Board and DY were disappointed when he went to Kelty, they didn’t begrudge him the payday, I think that would probably sum up the majority’s feeling on the subject!!!

If Fash came back, you would know exactly what you were getting, a proven goal scorer at this level and for our Club, would you say Paul McManus burnt his bridges when he went to Raith from us???

Cutting our nose off to spite our face there wouldn’t you say??? Even although the Board and DY were disappointed when he went to Kelty, they didn’t begrudge him the payday, I think that would probably sum up the majority’s feeling on the subject!!!
If Fash came back, you would know exactly what you were getting, a proven goal scorer at this level and for our Club, would you say Paul McManus burnt his bridges when he went to Raith from us???

He certainly burnt his bridges when he went back to you because you were supposedly a more ambitious club...

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Cutting our nose off to spite our face there wouldn’t you say???

Even although the Board and DY were disappointed when he went to Kelty, they didn’t begrudge him the payday, I think that would probably sum up the majority’s feeling on the subject!!!

It's the way he went about it, & that came from the chairman himself. Can't begrudge any player stepping up to full time, if Dowds did (like Mcmanus before him). 

13 minutes ago, monthefife said:

The 14-10-10-10 system proposal is an absolute insult to every lower tier club in Scotland. You can't just claim to "reconstruct" Scottish football that only Premiership clubs will be able notice and benefit from its changes.

BB2EF220-A393-4480-A582-62EFEFBB5EC5.gif

It's the way he went about it, & that came from the chairman himself. Can't begrudge any player stepping up to full time, if Dowds did (like Mcmanus before him). 

I’ve spoken to Jim as well and he is disappointed about how it went down but he isn’t bitter towards the player, he’s disappointed in that it happened on the day he was supposed to sign for us and yes he is very bitter towards the Club involved, but we weren’t used in a bidding war or anything, they came and gazumped us and he took what was essentially “Full Time” wages!!!

I’ve also spoken to Fash about it and realise the position that he found himself put in, essentially he was made an offer that a young man with a young family with an out-of-football job that isn’t a particularly well paid one couldn’t realistically turn down and HE certainly hasn’t ruled out returning to us at some point down the road, you’ve got to ask yourself what would you have done placed in that same situation???

I detest Kelty for what they did, but I would take Fash back in a heartbeat, the same thing essentially happened the season before with Greig Spence remember, who got pinched by Arbroath on the day he was supposed to sign for us, not that anybody is particularly bothered about Spence now, but say he turns it all around for himself professionally and becomes a useful player again would you say he has also “burnt his bridges”???

ETA: perhaps you should be bitter about McManus and his move to Raith, I don’t think we’ve ever been paid yet for him!!!

4 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I understand why Fash did what he did, I'm just saying don't hold your breath on him returning, as the chairman was pretty sickened by what happened. Is he even available? I wouldn't be paying essentially "full time" wages for him. 

He was willing to come back on what he was being offered last time, I think if the Kelty Money Boat comes to an end then those players must realise they’re not going to get those wages anywhere else and will have to take what is being offered to them from elsewhere!!!

The point is all going to be moot anyway if this reconstruction shite gets the go ahead and Kelty end up getting a free pass into the League!!!

8 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I understand why Fash did what he did, I'm just saying don't hold your breath on him returning, as the chairman was pretty sickened by what happened. Is he even available? I wouldn't be paying essentially "full time" wages for him. 

I made a joke of it on twitter to fash and Dean and they said they had a 3 year deal so would need bought out of it 🥴

I remember being absolutely shocked and sickened when I got told kelty got him, however from speaking to him straight after it and then him being able to buy a house a couple doors down from me in a good area after previously having to rent a flat I can hand on heart say I would do the exact same thing.

Money talks at this level and taking that deal has set up his family for life (together after spending a year apart at Inverness).

Would take him back in a heartbeat and he has Never said he wouldn't come back. He loves the club and I've seen him down watching us more than a few times too.