The East Fife Thread

17 minutes ago, effc loyal said:

Not really any strikers with any decent goal rates kicking about the lower leagues at the moment is there?? Or certainly none we could afford to get unfortunately

Exactly, which is why I said last week we should break the bank to keep Dowds. Him leaving would probably do us more damage, that the gain anyone would get signing him at this stage. Then again, I thought that when Duggan left for Raith. 

Dowds will clearly be a miss but this is par for the course for all football clubs, never mind those at L1 level. Richer clubs come in to take your better players. As good as Dowds is, for me, he wasn't our best player last season.

We're clearly missing a prolific goalscorer but we probably have been since Fash left a few years ago. If there was someone out there who'd be guaranteed to score 20 odd goals a season in L1, we'd be lucky to even be in the running to sign him and would likely need to go above budget.

Thomas Collins was fairly prolific for BSC last season so I'm hopeful him and Wallace can form a good partnership with Kev Smith filling in. It's obvious we'll need someone else in up front but it's unlikely to be a name that gets the pulses racing. As mentioned, Darren's signing record has been very good since he's been here. I trust him to find a replacement.

Exactly, which is why I said last week we should break the bank to keep Dowds. Him leaving would probably do us more damage, that the gain anyone would get signing him at this stage. Then again, I thought that when Duggan left for Raith. 

I agree but can’t see it happening, imagine it may be a loan signing if we are to get a striker

12 hours ago, effc loyal said:

Victoria away to Stranraer again..

Yeah just saw that yesterday before I start typing his name the day before he rejoined Stranraer, no lost love there he’s back in league 2 on permanent basis. 😂

Hopefully we will keep looking elsewhere or see who’s available for loans. As MonTheFife states we have three months for any new comings.

I think people can't simultaneously be annoyed that we're not making loads of signings now like some other clubs are, but also be sitting saying how great it was we had signed up the bulk of the squad from last season nice and early. The reality is we're 2.5 months from the start of the season, we're looking for a striker, probably a left sided defender and a couple of loans. We are in a decent position, and hopefully the additions we make improve the squad as L1 is going to be incredibly competitive. It's a gutter about Anton if the rumours are true but it happens. 

Anybody caught up with the latest “Glory Days of Gold” episode???

The Boaby is this weeks guest and it’s a really good interview!!!

I’ve got to say that this has been a tremendous undertaking by Mike and Lee, there’s not been a bad show yet and the calibre of guests they've had has been outstanding and apparently DY is going to be a weekly contributor now as well, this endeavour is surely now going to join EFTV in making our Club the most media savvy and friendly organisation in the lower leagues!!!

If there’s anybody you want them to talk to get in touch and they’ll do their best to get a hold of them, personally think Jay Smart and Stevie Archibald would be good, maybe even Jamie Insall or even Arnie Dwarika would be enjoyable!!!

4 minutes ago, Morrisey222 said:

Sorry, new poster her but what an Absalut nonsense from the board to let AD go. Been a great player for us and Falkirk is barely a step up. FFS

What on earth are you blethering about? He wants to go full-time, we can't offer that or the wages that come with it. The board have done a superb job the past few years to get our finances back in order so we're a profitable club and are running the club very well. Us trying to compete with championship teams on wages would be completely stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

What on earth are you blethering about? He wants to go full-time, we can't offer that or the wages that come with it. The board have done a superb job the past few years to get our finances back in order so we're a profitable club and are running the club very well. Us trying to compete with championship teams on wages would be completely stupid. 

Is their no way we could match what they offer? They only finished just above us last campaign.

Edited by Morrisey222
There.Their