The East Fife Thread

13 minutes ago, Fifer4Life said:

If we arelooking at players from the lower end of the lowland league then we could be in for a really long hard season

Would look like there is no money in the budget if we sign former lowland league players

Talk about an over reaction. We finished 4th last season and we've arguably strenghthed  that team.

The lad was actually a Queens Park player on loan and he played a trial against an EOS side, that's what these matches are for, looking to uncover a young gem ! 

Edited by Beachcomber

6 hours ago, Monthefife19 said:

I think the no. 23 redhead winger was Gregor nicol that played for gala fairydean last year 

He looked good. Wouldn't mind him and Healy on each side. 

No.22 CB also looked decent. Maybe not the most physical for his size but looked very good in possession. Early days though.

7 hours ago, Fifer4Life said:

If we arelooking at players from the lower end of the lowland league then we could be in for a really long hard season

Would look like there is no money in the budget if we sign former lowland league players

Maybe worth looking at the player before saying something like this... 

If it's the guy that was ON LOAN at gala then he is one of the Full Time lot of kids that were with Queens park. A signing that most would be a bit more excited about. 

55 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Apparently DU won 3-2.Match held at St Andrews Uni.Fash and Cunningham for EF.

Yes it was 3-2.

No.22 Trialist is CB Alfie Robinson ex Albion and Cowden. A couple of the younger guys look decent enough and forward Mikey Cunningham looks to be more involved. Ross Philp looks okay but I can't see him giving us what Aaron Steele did. 

We've signed a great player in Fash but we haven't yet replaced the guys we've lost, not with the same quality anyway.

Still very early days and hopefully sign another couple of bodies.

6 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Yes it was 3-2.

No.22 Trialist is CB Alfie Robinson ex Albion and Cowden. A couple of the younger guys look decent enough and forward Mikey Cunningham looks to be more involved. Ross Philp looks okay but I can't see him giving us what Aaron Steele did. 

We've signed a great player in Fash but we haven't yet replaced the guys we've lost, not with the same quality anyway.

Still very early days and hopefully sign another couple of bodies.

Noticed Brogan Walls wasn't involved much over the last week, was he playing today ?

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Noticed Brogan Walls wasn't involved much over the last week, was he playing today ?

I think they are being careful with brogan given his injury last season to not rush the lad back to early.

On 25/06/2023 at 20:55, Beachcomber said:

A wide midfielder and Central defender definitely.

On 25/06/2023 at 20:35, LondonFife said:

The manager and staff know far more than I do - so if they are relaxed that’s great. But if we were in for Watson it would suggest they think we could do with another striking option on top of what we have. And central defence surely we need a couple more?

Who is Watson? Thanks 

Anyone find out team news from yesterday and if we had an trialists playing. I know it was closed doors but anybody could of rocked up to St Andrews uni playing fields and wondered through or watchex over the wall so can hardly call it a closed doors game

Edited by Fifer4Life