The East Fife Thread

16 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

See Jacob blaney has signed a pre contract with Irish mob crusaders FC was onloan with us until end of the season there.

Still think we need a centre back, midfield and striker or two.

Screenshot_20240603-190810.png

We are overflowing with Midfielders !

I don't think we will see any more signings until we hear about  Walls & Newton, after that  a few loans (centre back & striker).

On 03/06/2024 at 19:29, Beachcomber said:

(centre back & striker).

Yeah we just need a CB and striker to find now and we should be ready to go. But equally hopefully walls remains with us...him, newton and Healy is our biggest assets.

This squad seems be given a year as next summer I don't think no one's contracted for 25/26 I'm I right? given the Campbell's a year to improve with what we have got and with the addition of a couple and maybe two more needed in this summer window from the outside looking in.

6 hours ago, sammytroot said:

At the recent q and a with Ian Campbell he mentioned home games V Dunfermline and Raith Rovers -Pat Slattery's testimonial.

Hadn't heard that.

That'll be a nice wee trip to the Riveria on the train.

However, you might need to give us extra seats in the home end as we're absolutely massive these days.

13 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Hadn't heard that.

However, you might need to give us extra seats in the home end as we're absolutely massive these days.

0106B861-68C8-467F-BF09-87408658D6A9.jpeg.88ff1cfd386fee5fb0b8775a576e0a23.jpeg

Thought you boys just brought your own???

26 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Aye, but we'll not get them on the train.

6BDE833B-4698-4C3B-8251-8A325D3BED2F.jpeg

17 hours ago, sammytroot said:

I am sure you can say that for 90% of the squad.

The management team think that he has role to play and I suspect that that is what the majority of the fans think.

He's definitely a decent enough player but like I've said the hype is too much. He's got energy in a squad which lacks it but he's never a winger. Would be taking a big risk expecting him to produce the numbers. He could well be our ball winner in a 3 midfield though. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Unusual that we are playing on consecutive days 28th & 29th June both at home. Unsure what the logic behind this is.

Ones a friendly, ones a testimonial, probably going to be some guest players and about 20 subs!!!

Edited by King Kebab

On 06/06/2024 at 00:01, Specky Ginger said:

Hadn't heard that.

Never mind the lack of chairs, just make sure they’ve got enough pies ordered this time. Did chuckle at the announcement you’d run out last game when your ground is next door to Stuart’s the bakers HQ 😂. Should be a decent kick about for a testimonial, decent weather would be nice and a few jars in Methil.  Hopefully the train will encourage a few more over for the game. What the thoughts on East Fifes chances this season Campbell seemed to have a positive impact on results when he came in. 

41 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Never mind the lack of chairs, just make sure they’ve got enough pies ordered this time. Did chuckle at the announcement you’d run out last game when your ground is next door to Stuart’s the bakers HQ 😂. Should be a decent kick about for a testimonial, decent weather would be nice and a few jars in Methil.  Hopefully the train will encourage a few more over for the game. What the thoughts on East Fifes chances this season Campbell seemed to have a positive impact on results when he came in. 

The  results and consistency  certainly improved with the  arrival of the  new management. Then Fash got mugged at Peterhead and the rest of the team reverted  to type.

We have 4  new faces  so  far and Pink is confident the remainder will improve, time will  tell !

Presumably it will be Healy off the left this season and who on the right? Shepherd ? From watching him last season I didn’t think he cut it as a winger, he’s not somebody who’s going to do what Healy does, or score a lot of goals. Granted he works hard but is that enough to gain promotion? 

Suspect that by not hearing anything for over a week now that Brogan Walls must be away

If that's the case feel like we could possibly have room for maybe another couple of permant signings before loans come in. Preference would be a forward and a centre half