Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More a case of Greegsy being at an age that he doesnt want to travel all over the country to get skelfs in his arse mas, very fit guy with a couple years left and if dropping a league gets him a game most weeks think its the right call for him

Lloyd Kinnaird has signed for The Shire. Seems to have done well in training so far. Decent player or not?

Solid defender. The kind who will likely play a 6/10 every week. Quiet guy but will be a solid, dependable signing.

Fahey possible move to Kilbirnie,any thoughts?

Only thought would be give us some cash as he's in contract.

Never made an appearance last season so can't comment on him in that respect.

How did Craig Pettigrew play ?

As I expected having seen him play many times for Talbot.

A classy and composed defender who makes the game look relatively easy.

He will fit in at our level without any difficulty.

Another good example of the quality that can be found in the Junior game.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but why don't they reveal the names of trialists?

Growing up in Belfast and following the SFL on Teletext, I was utterly convinced that there was a prolific goalscorer called A Trialist who just couldn't settle at any club.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but why don't they reveal the names of trialists?

Growing up in Belfast and following the SFL on Teletext, I was utterly convinced that there was a prolific goalscorer called A Trialist who just couldn't settle at any club.

Is it not as simple as teams don't want to alert other teams of the availability of said trialist?

Jamie Watson Apparently ex Raith Rovers

Centre mid was a boy from Ayr ex Rangers

And the right winger was a guy from St Mirren Who was onloan at Dumbarton last year

Anthony Marenghi, probably.

Is it not as simple as teams don't want to alert other teams of the availability of said trialist?

Yeah I think there was a belief that you couldn't name a trialist but that's not true. It's become a tradition now and I think teams just don't want someone they're after's name to be linked with a good performance, alerting other sides.

Archived