Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

You don't need citizenship to live here (At least not till Farage takes over! ho ho)

While checking your claim I found this forum which discusses what the Pakistani Citizenship test would be if there were one.

It shows that people skiving off and wasting time on internet forums are pretty similar wherever they're from.

One of the best things I ever saw online was an Omegle video chat between a 20s-something woman in the US and a couple of middle-aged cops in Iraq. They decided to have a contest of who could balance something on their head the longest. The woman used a high-heeled shoe; one of the cops used a handgun. And they all looked so happy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't need citizenship to live here (At least not till Farage takes over! ho ho)

You sure? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_in_the_United_Kingdom_test

The Life in the United Kingdom test is a computer-based test constituting one of the requirements for anyone seeking Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or naturalisation as a British citizen. It is meant to prove that the applicant has a sufficient knowledge of British life and sufficient proficiency in the English language. The test is a requirement under the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Sandy Toksvig has never had to sit that test.

Guest The Phoenix

That's o.k. - sometimes my posts should be accompanied by "Humour Warning: This Is Not A Serious Point."

Not required, this is the General Nonsense Forum so there's umbrella coverage.

He did? This was covered earlier.

Are you referring to them all coming from the same text historically? Is that really the case though, do things not change between versions (see the King James bible) enough so that they can be told apart?

Are you referring to them all coming from the same text historically? Is that really the case though, do things not change between versions (see the King James bible) enough so that they can be told apart?

I believe he was quoted as saying an "eye for an eye, tooth for tooth", which is certainly religious but the sentiment, if not the exact literal text, exists within all the main monotheistic faiths.

I believe he was quoted as saying an "eye for an eye, tooth for tooth", which is certainly religious but the sentiment, if not the exact literal text, exists within all the main monotheistic faiths.

1238:

Jahan Mahmood, a community leader from Birmingham, tells the BBC the attackers are "two isolated individuals who appear to be brainwashed and indoctrinated". He says: "One of them appeared to quote from the Bible. An extreme jihadist would not quote from the Bible. We are sickened by these types of events and we are deeply disturbed by misguided interpretations of the faith."

From the BBC. Now I don't know what the quote was (it may have been what you said), but he makes a good point about extreme jihad. He was a nutter and a moron, not a terrorist.

Which has been the case in UAE or Iraq. Woman was blinded after a man threw acid in her face. As 'eye for an eye' (no pun intended) she could have had her assailant chemically blinded but asked the court for leniency.

Would liked to have cut off the hand of the b*****d that stole my hibs away top in '85 from the washing line. Likes that top.

Sent from my X720D using Pie & Bovril mobile app

From the BBC:

Sources told the BBC Mr Adebolajo left school 2001, where he was described as bright and witty.

A spokeswoman for Havering Sixth Form College in Hornchurch, Essex, told the BBC a student named Michael Adebolajo studied for A-levels there between 2001-2003.

He is understood to come from a devout Christian family but converted to Islam after college.

From the BBC. Now I don't know what the quote was (it may have been what you said), but he makes a good point about extreme jihad. He was a nutter and a moron, not a terrorist.

"brainwashed and indoctrinated" could apply to 'our' terrorists who stick a uniform on and go to Afghanistan etc..

Not according to Anjem Choudary, apparently he's a man of "impeccable character".

If anyone would know it's Anjem, they went to the same mosque together. ^_^

So it appears we have an Englishman from a christian family, who converted later on in his life to Islam, and apparently quoted from the bible. Terrorism, this is not.

^^^ This ^^^

Great point well made.

Although

SPOILER ALERT

Jesus spoke out against it advising followers to turn the other cheek

Edit: @Kirk

I've been trying to find his speech from earlier, I only half listened to it on radio. I was sure he said that Islam had killed more Muslims than any other religion. Which I thought was odd as it seems he has forgotten about the crusades, or even WW2.

I can't believe he said that though, and I am sure I must have misheard but I can't find the text anywhere other than a summary.

Although

SPOILER ALERT

Jesus spoke out against it advising followers to turn the other cheek

WWJD, eh?

Personally I think he'd take one look at the place, shrug his shoulders and shout up to the sky, "Hey God, get me to fuck out of here, they've wrecked the place..."

Archived