Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

I like the touch about the 2 year old kid, is that meant to make us "more" sorry for him? :rolleyes:

You know the score, 8 me ol' mucker, GN isn't meant to be serious. ;)

TBH i couldn't feel more sorry for that young soldier..his child..his wife..his family and friends.

I actually thought it was supposed to be taken serious and NSFW was a place for some of the comments on here? Well you live and learn... I'll f**k off back to the SFL 3 forum where i belong. I'll leave all you glory hunters to it...Congratulations on the Cup Win BTW. I am sure you would have enjoyed that..especially considering the opposition

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH i couldn't feel more sorry for that young soldier..his child..his wife..his family and friends.

I don't think there are many on here that don't feel sympathy. It doesn't matter what job you do, you shouldn't be attacked for "no reason". For it to happen in broad daylight, on a busy street is unbelievable. I have no problem with people who have an antipathy to the UK's overseas policies and our involvement in the Middle East but take it out on the government, not your average squaddie. I'm guessing most of the P&B posters agree with that point of view.

I actually thought it was supposed to be taken serious and NSFW was a place for some of the comments on here? Well you live and learn... I'll f**k off back to the SFL 3 forum where i belong. I'll leave all you glory hunters to it...

I think there is only so far you can take mawkishness. Sarcasm and gallows humour is probably the only way to deal with it considering it's so removed from us all and we have no control over the situation.

Congratulations on the Cup Win BTW. I am sure you would have enjoyed that..especially considering the opposition

Thanks, although it didn't make up for our previous loss.. <_<

Nice to see the brutal murder of a serving British Soldier who has left behind a 2 year old child has kept you all amused.

The fact that he is a soldier is, of course, totally relevant.

The sad thing is that the guy actually made some fairly reasonable points, that lots of people would agree. He obviously made them the wrong way, but do the British public listen to sane people with slightly foreign names? Of course not, they make facebook campaigns to kick Muslims out.

Just remembered my flatmate is organising a help the heroes ceilidh dinner next weekend as her partner serves in the TA, currently in Afghan. I'm assuming the clowns on my Facebook will have it packed out, aye right.

It still amazes me about the fact that these 2 murderers are themselves British Citizens, yet people are still posting on social media saying "kick them out" and "send them back to their own country"!

There was an old muslim man who was stabbed to death on his doorstep on the 1st may/2nd may in a racial hate crime, very little media attention given to that...I appreciate this was very public in nature with various filmings which makes it "all the more shocking" but a bit of perspective needed. This is going to really, really stir up racial hatred and if there is another attack soon by just one unstable radical then god help the huge majority of muslims. I remember that foiled attempt with the liquid bombings with 20 planes over the Atlantic... I said to my old man if that had gone off, considering the already high running tensions from London bombings, there would have been riots.

Absolutely brutal crime, of course the death penalty should never be an option, but hopefully these 2 scumbags are begging for death after 60 years in the most horrible and vile prison imaginable.

Rest In Peace to the victim, condolences to his nearest and dearest, Imagine how awful it is for them seeing a guy boasting next to their sons/brothers/fathers/husbands body with his blood all over his hands, all over the news. Brutal.

Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley, Jr. in the same parliament.

And some people think Westminster is bad.

Fast forward 20 years and Anjem Choudary and Tommy Robinson will be posing for photographs all smiles, shaking hands as fellow MPs on the steps of Westminster. Maybe.

Talking of Choudary, did anyone see him on C4 news last night laughing when reminded of his comment about his £25,000 state benefits being his "Jihad Allowance"? Not quite as bad as him failing to condemn the killing right enough.

Fast forward 20 years and Anjem Choudary and Tommy Robinson will be posing for photographs all smiles, shaking hands as fellow MPs on the steps of Westminster. Maybe.

I

Talking of Choudary, did anyone see him on C4 news last night laughing when reminded of his comment about his £25,000 state benefits being his "Jihad Allowance"? Not quite as bad as him failing to condemn the killing right enough.

You can't talk about Anjem like that!

You'll be outed as a racist xenophobe soon.:lol:

So. this has popped up on my feed...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=515920825122146

It's the "full" version of the video that was shown on ITV news. If you want to watch it, I'd do it before it gets taken down.

Now, the vid has a The Sun timestamp, but on their website the only video available is this one..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sun-exclusive/4940300/Woolwich-terror-shootings-caught-on-witness-film.html

Which doesn't really show anything.

Anyone seen the video of the two guys charging at the police with the meat cleaver and being shot down? 8 shots fired in total. On liveleak.

The one on The Sun website has some boy faffing about with a mobile, with some excellent pictures of his sleeve while the sounds of gunfire goes off in the background. It then pans round to show the men on the ground.

The overhead one I'm assuming?

Edit:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=84c_1369344545

Two things strike me from that video...

1) The lad rushing the cop car had obviously never played a computer game, either that or he learnt his "mad skillz" from computer game AI.

2) I realise that the police were in danger, but do they carry on shooting him despite him being incapacitated?

Archived