Worst Ever Sitcom

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it was meant to be a laugh out loud comedy? I forget if it even had a laugh track ? Was entertaining enough though

It's repeated just now on watch i think. It definitely has a 'laugh track'.

Anything with Nicholas Lyndhurst other than Only Fools.

The Piglet Files, The 2 Of Us, Goodnight Sweetheart.

Every one an absolute bag of shit.

You're mainly right. The bit in bold is where you're going wrong.

quite enjoyed goodnight sweetheart

I watched 2 episodes the other night. It's almost hypnotic.

Richard Herring does a pretty funny bit on one of his podcasts about it. He's watched it straight through several times for Christ alone knows what reason. He goes on about the madness of someone discovering a hole in time and using it to get off with a barmaid 50 years ago. He calls it Gary Sparrow and his Paucity of Ambition.

Half those American ones are awful. The best of it is they're written by 5or6 people sometimes whereas you take Only Fools, Rab C, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, One Foot in the Grave etc are written by only 1 or 2 and are far superior

Not the best choices to make your point. Throw in Birds of a Feather, My Family and The Upper Hand, and you've basically cataloged the most popular dreck on British TV ever.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't quite believe my eyes. I just seen that series 3 of Citizen Khan started last night. Fucking mind boggling as to how that is still going;

I see they were desperately plugging it on some Sunday morning show today.......needless to say I turned over!

I can't quite believe my eyes. I just seen that series 3 of Citizen Khan started last night. Fucking mind boggling as to how that is still going;

Third series!? I thought it was the second and the BBC were were taking a punt on renewing it. Third is beyond belief. The trailer is dire so god knows how shite a whole episode is.

• 3 months later...

Whole raft of 'national treasure' comedies from the 70s and 80s get me in a seethe.

Are You Being Served

The Good Life

Terry and June

To The Manor Born

As Time Goes By

Birds of a Feather (how the f**k is that back on??)

Ever Decreasing Circles

Just Good Friends

Sorry!

Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Utter, utter seethe

Archived