Worst Ever Sitcom

I find some of the current/recent times American sitcoms aren't that bad but always seem to include at least one character that I fucking hate with a passion.

How I met your mother - Ted fucking Mosby. Utter c**t of man, so whiney that no-one would ever be friends with him.

The Big Bang Theory - Leonard and Raj. Leonard is just a whiney little bellend and his jokes are rarely funny. Raj was a good character in the earlier season but then for some reason the writers turned him into this exceptionally camp (and not in a funny way), infuriating mess of a guy.

Scrubs - JD is a tosser.

agree with ted and leonard but jd? dont understand how you could enjoy scrubs if jd infuriates you so much?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can think of one reason

SarahChalke_Scrubs201_hkb4.jpg

FFS she's not that hot.

Going back to the Big Bang Theory, it's a weird one for me. I actually realised recently that I rarely find myself laughing out loud at it. If that's how you measure how good a comedy is, that's fair enough IMO. However, I still enjoy the show a lot despite that. There are some scenes which are appalling and I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

agree with ted and leonard but jd? dont understand how you could enjoy scrubs if jd infuriates you so much?

Probably the same way he enjoyed HIMYM while Ted annoys him? I'm not sure how you could be baffled by him not enjoying Scrubs but accept HIMYM.

FWIW, the supporting cast of both are excellent and that's probably why. I actually like JD but feel the same way about Ted (and enjoy both shows).

Has anyone mentioned Ever Decreasing Circles?

This has to be the winner. What the hell was Richard Briars ever thinking with that one, other than blind loyalty to the writers of The Good Life?

Boring middle class nitpicker with bored mousy wife gets upset about smug b*****d who moves in next door who bests him at everything & who his wife wants to shag. That's a potential murder plotline for Midsomer Murders or the old Tales Of The Unexpected, not for comedy.

It also had the worst theme tune of any show I can remember, a load of Radio Three piano wankerdom.

• 7 months later...

Archived