Worst Ever Sitcom

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the early 1970's there was a sitcom on BBC Scotland, called There Was An Englishman, An Irishman and a Scotsman, with Henry Magee as the Englishman, Harry Towb as the Irishman, and Roy Kinnear as the Scotsman. So dire was it I wouldnt even chance searching You-Tube in case I found an episode.

Fresh Fields ( anyone remember ? - no I'm not surprised ) I remember it was crap but had to google what it was about again....

From wikipedia....

" Hester and William Fields (McKenzie and Rodgers) are a devoted middle-aged, middle-class couple living in Barnes, London with an idyllic suburban lifestyle. William works as an accountant while Hester keeps home. The crux of the show (and the meaning of the title) was that she was always looking to try new hobbies or find ways to improve her life, much of which exasperated her hard-working husband.[ "

Nuff said !

I may have registered my displeasure with Badults before on here.

When I learned that there would be a new series, I howled in rage and despair until my vocal cords snapped. I hoped they would choke me so I would be able to leave a world with Badults in it, but alas, I lived.

Dignitas and other such clinics love Badults. They use them in their clinics in case anyone is having second thoughts. You see these gurning arseholes gurgling through their latest painfully unfunny bag of shit and you know that killing yourself is the right move. Dignitas even use Badults in adverts; sales of assisted death have increased 820% since they did.

The problem with Badults is that is advertised as a comedy show, yet I've had funnier diseases. It's not that the comedy is juvenile (although that's what they aim for), it's that it simply isn't even in the least bit amusing. They gurn away, pulling the kind of faces you might use to make a baby laugh, although even a baby would be unimpressed by these fools, and babies are stupid. Their delivery is so telegraphed that at times you think you're watching a show from the future set in our time. They say you can see the Great Wall Of China from space. They should add that you can see the jokes coming in Badults from space as well. The exhausting set up they go through to frame the jokes are a massive waste of effort and energy for such a stunningly disappointing outcome. It's like building the pyramids to house a dead puppy. The jokes don't go down like a lead balloon; they plummet at light speed like a neutron star balloon.

Rimming a tramp is more appealing that sitting through an episode of Badults. If aliens were to discover our planet, we would have to hide and deny the existence of Badults, as if the aliens found out about it they would surely obliterate the planet. I'd actually be tempted to tell the aliens about Badults, just to stop the unrelenting horror and pain of Badults. It's self harm for the eyes and ears, akin to scrubbing your retinas with a wire brush dipped in piss and poking an acid tipped dildo in to your ears. Your brain will not thank you for watching this pish.

f**k you Badults, and all who sail in you. I hope you are claimed by Neptune and cast in to the Mariana Trench and crushed into sea dust under the immense pressure.

In the second series they moved to France and it became 'French Fields' Honest!

If anything that was even more woeful.

Was about to ask if it was the forerunner to that - vaguely remember French Fields.

I wouldn't say it's the worse series by any stretch but am I the only one completley baffled by the massive success of the Big Bang Theory? :blink:

No. I too think it's garbage. Sheldon especially is a brutally unfunny character.

No. I too think it's garbage. Sheldon especially is a brutally unfunny character.

Different strokes and all that, I can see the humour in this and enjoy it immensely.

I also used to enjoy a sitcom called "Surgical Spirits" but never met anyone else who even remotely liked it.

I have twice sat down to try and watch 'Friends' and twice I switched over within 5 minutes. My wife and daughters loved it and both daughters have the box set. I dare say the sods wont have setlled on my coffin before the wife has ordered hers off E-bay.

I find the writing in most modern sitcoms fairly unfunny and the habit of employing comedians as comic actors doesn't help.

The best sitcoms employ actors rather than comedians, one of the reasons Seinfeld never makes my top 5, he couldn't act.

The Big Bang Theory was great at the start, but much like other shows eg: How I Met Your Mother and Two and A Half Men. It's past its best and now the jokes are rather predictable and unfunny.

Still i don't know how programmes like Two Broke Girls can get new seasons while Arrested Development, Community and PandR get cancelled.

The Big Bang Theory was great at the start, but much like other shows eg: How I Met Your Mother and Two and A Half Men. It's past its best and now the jokes are rather predictable and unfunny.

Still i don't know how programmes like Two Broke Girls can get new seasons while Arrested Development, Community and PandR get cancelled.

I think Kat Dennings' magnificent udders could have something to do with that.

Archived