Worst Ever Sitcom

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs Brown's Boys gets my vote. I cannot for the life of me understand why this utter rubbish is so popular.

I'm also one of about three people in the world who hated Only Fools and Horses.

Agreed on both. Complete pish, the pair of them.

Brighton Belles which was an ITV UK remake of the appalling Golden Girls. Its cast comprised of Sheila Hancock, Wendy Craig, Sheila Gish & Jean Boht according to Wiki.

Which leads to anything with Jean Boht.

Allo Allo, Hi-Di-Hi, Oh Doctor Beeching, You Rang M'Lord.

Anything on ITV - just remembered there was a dreadful comedy with Denise Van Outen and two other tarts staying in a flat.

Anything written by Carla Lane.

As for previously mentioned Miranda, Mrs Brown Boys and The Wright Way have to be up there. Unwatchable, unbearable shit you can smell coming on the tv a mile away.

Surprised a few folk are mentioning Big Bang Theory. Watched a few episodes on a flight and bought the boxset after visiting the studios where its filmed - I think it's pretty good. How I Met Your Mother nowhere near as good but nowhere near the worst.

There was a show on a few years ago based in a circus with Amanda Holden playing the main character. It was as bad as it sounds.

I agree with anything written by Carla lane

one of the channels is re-running butterflies, which I watched as a kid, and by Christ its utter shite. easy to see that when there was only 3 channels back then, we'd watch any crap. same with the liver birds, saw an episode repeated last year, absolute shite

Brighton Belles which was an ITV UK remake of the appalling Golden Girls. Its cast comprised of Sheila Hancock, Wendy Craig, Sheila Gish & Jean Boht according to Wiki.

Which leads to anything with Jean Boht.

Allo Allo, Hi-Di-Hi, Oh Doctor Beeching, You Rang M'Lord.

Anything on ITV - just remembered there was a dreadful comedy with Denise Van Outen and two other tarts staying in a flat.

Anything written by Carla Lane.

As for previously mentioned Miranda, Mrs Brown Boys and The Wright Way have to be up there. Unwatchable, unbearable shit you can smell coming on the tv a mile away.

Allo Allo is fantastic! Can't fault your other nominations though.

His original 1940's bit on the side was well tidy.....in fact I know so as I sat next to her masturbating on the train in London on my way back home from Uni in the 90's :wub:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Unfortunately she wasn't masterbating......I'd have stepped in as not only a gentleman but a cunning linguist to lend a hand. :P

Surprised a few folk are mentioning Big Bang Theory. Watched a few episodes on a flight and bought the boxset after visiting the studios where its filmed - I think it's pretty good. How I Met Your Mother nowhere near as good but nowhere near the worst.

There was a show on a few years ago based in a circus with Amanda Holden playing the main character. It was as bad as it sounds.

I'd watch it if Amanda Holden was fed to the lions......:ph34r:

allaboutme_1.jpg

All About Me

Don't think the show could be anymore politically correct. Or shit.

This! It could ONLY be made by a panel of Beeb executives with their checklists and criteria.

Imagine Fawlty Towers getting passed for broadcast by the top brass nowadays? No chance!

There was another pishy Beeb comedy starring John Thomson & Amanda Holden (yes, really) set in a circus I think? Horrible! (apologies if its already been brought up in the thread)

edit - :lol: it's been mentioned right above! Doh!

I found out that "Citizen Khan" was set in Birmingham, and that the main star was a Villa fan who attended the same school as me so I thought I'd give it a go. Watched about three minutes of it before giving up. Utter, utter, shite.

Another one that was terrible featured the very funny teacher out of "The Inbetweeners". I liked him in that so wanted to like this too. It was just total garbage. I managed to watch until one of the characters was forced to put out a fire by pissing everywhere. A three-year-old would have found it puerile. I couldn't really tell you what the premise of the show was, I don't think it had one.

No idea what it was called, but vaguely remember Chris Barrie playing a Scouse ex-footballer in some shitcom. Painful.

The new series of "Yes Prime Minister". Admittedly, I could only face watching one episode. How could they get such a classic so wrong?

Oh, and anything on ITV, obviously.

I found out that "Citizen Khan" was set in Birmingham, and that the main star was a Villa fan who attended the same school as me so I thought I'd give it a go. Watched about three minutes of it before giving up. Utter, utter, shite.

Another one that was terrible featured the very funny teacher out of "The Inbetweeners". I liked him in that so wanted to like this too. It was just total garbage. I managed to watch until one of the characters was forced to put out a fire by pissing everywhere. A three-year-old would have found it puerile. I couldn't really tell you what the premise of the show was, I don't think it had one.

No idea what it was called, but vaguely remember Chris Barrie playing a Scouse ex-footballer in some shitcom. Painful.

The new series of "Yes Prime Minister". Admittedly, I could only face watching one episode. How could they get such a classic so wrong?

The irony of a PnBer finding something puerile!

A Prince Among Men I think. One episode revolved around a new "microwave" he'd bought, which turned out to be a TV.

If you read my post again you'll see I said a three-year-old would find it puerile. If anything, it was a bit too high-brow for me! ;-)

I did read it and assumed that you also found it puerile! (Probably the single adjective which best describes PnB - or possibly thats a subject for a new thread!)

Archived