Reasons to be Cheerful

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I love a good pint of Tennents. I also wont lie and claim its not at least a wee bit down to its Scottishness.

Why the f**k anyone in Scotland drinks Foster, Carling and other pisswater like that is way beyond me. Standard rule of all alcoholic bevaerages, even chemical laden lager.... Closer to source the better.

Certainly 15 years ago Tennents and Carling (when owned by Bass) was exactly the same beer, produced from the same chemical plants but labelled differently.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

So tennents wasnt made in Glasgow then? (Or carling was?)

My understanding (based on selling industrial control software to Bass) was that either could be produced from both plants and shipped to both countries and that pubs who had both 'Carling' and 'Tennents' taps were selling the same brew.  Thus The Wellpark Brewery produced both TL and Carling.

This, as I said, goes back 15 years but I have no doubt it was true.  They are both shite.

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've been on holiday Gincardine. In fact I spoke to you on here the other day, but you were out of it again.

Oh I missed that.  I was probably too busy looking for a cheap plumber in the Parkhead area of Glasgow.  What did you have on your mind, chap?

Oh I missed that.  I was probably too busy looking for a cheap plumber in the Parkhead area of Glasgow.  What did you have on your mind, chap?

We were discussing the free unlimited alcohol at a buffet dinner I had in the Champagne region in France. When you hadn't responded I had just assumed you bought a lilo and was thumbing a lift to Dover.

3 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Buckfast is rotten.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not something that's ever passed my lips.  Always good to learn from the jaikies on here, though ;)

35 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

We were discussing the free unlimited alcohol at a buffet dinner

Not a discussion.  You made your usual cheap gibe and I responded in support of quality vs quantity:

On 9/11/2016 at 20:50, The_Kincardine said:

Haud the fuckin bus here, Boab.  I enjoy an occasional refreshment but the drinks cupboard in Kinky Heights is well stocked and open to guests and visitors

Your comment is a slur*

*Shlur as an alternative spelling.

Now I am happy that you support both Buckfast and cheap French food and wine but recognise that you are the lowest common denominator.