Reasons to be Cheerful

nearly 30 years ago, I worked for a family-run business (not my family - other people's family !) who did a lot of (printing) work for a local, fairly well known artist; the youngest son of said other family - a right little shite - was nicking stuff and selling it at the local boot fairs and markets; artist finds out, goes mental, someone's head has to roll; clearly, the boss's son wasn't going to take the bullet, so a fresh-faced Herman, as the "last in" employee, got the boot;  had a great six months trying to get another job on the back of having being sacked !

yesterday, their fucking shithouse company went bust and closed down - eighty years plus of family tradition down the toilet - an enormous Get To f**k You Set of c***s :lol:

as an added and extraordinarily pleasing bonus, when i worked there, there was some "opt out of some pension scheme" bollocks, which I blithely signed up for no apparent reason and promptly forgot all about; found out eighteen months ago that the paltry amount that they had paid in on my behalf - having sat in some fund and been invested for nearly three decades -  has a current value of just short of £70k

I say again - Get To f**k You Set of c***s !

:thumsup2

ps - obviously I don't bear a grudge or anything....

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

nearly 30 years ago, I worked for a family-run business (not my family - other people's family !) who did a lot of (printing) work for a local, fairly well known artist; the youngest son of said other family - a right little shite - was nicking stuff and selling it at the local boot fairs and markets; artist finds out, goes mental, someone's head has to roll; clearly, the boss's son wasn't going to take the bullet, so a fresh-faced Herman, as the "last in" employee, got the boot;  had a great six months trying to get another job on the back of having being sacked !

yesterday, their fucking shithouse company went bust and closed down - eighty years plus of family tradition down the toilet - an enormous Get To f**k You Set of c***s :lol:

as an added and extraordinarily pleasing bonus, when i worked there, there was some "opt out of some pension scheme" bollocks, which I blithely signed up for no apparent reason and promptly forgot all about; found out eighteen months ago that the paltry amount that they had paid in on my behalf - having sat in some fund and been invested for nearly three decades -  has a current fund value of just short of £70k

I say again - Get To f**k You Set of c***s !

:thumsup2

ps - obviously I don't bear a grudge or anything....

20p for a cup of tea mate?

I'll be finishing shortly for 18 days off work. The sun is shining. I get married a week tomorrow and then head to Cavtat, Croaita for a week without my two wonderful kids.

I'd say if Carlsberg did Friday's but I won't. Carslberg is piss-water.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The facilities guy at my work has been using adhesive around the window frames beside my desk this morning.

image.png.63fa1f50216ca84c59bc76267a15302e.png

^^^Me right now^^^

One of the best things about my job is the amount of times I have an excuse to use solvent cement.

I'll be finishing shortly for 18 days off work. The sun is shining. I get married a week tomorrow and then head to Cavtat, Croaita for a week without my two wonderful kids.
I'd say if Carlsberg did Friday's but I won't. Carslberg is piss-water.

Good luck with the wedding. I get married on Sunday and fly to Cape Verde for 11 days on Wednesday

I suppose anything’s better than having to do wage slips for 2nd rate labourers who make more money than you.
Yeeees. I'm off to bed now. Would love to see the schooling. Morning reading, good luck

36 minutes ago, throbber said:

I suppose anything’s better than having to do wage slips for 2nd rate labourers who make more money than you.

Are you missing Jimmy and Bobby?

Don't worry you can lash out at us. We're here for you.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you missing Jimmy and Bobby?

Don't worry you can lash out at us. We're here for you.

What's happened to Bobby?  Don't tell me he was binned too?