Reasons to be Cheerful

Got an airfix meteor (1/48) on fleabay for fifteen quid. No decals, so bought a sheet including Belgian, Aussie and Syrian markings for seven quid from Hannants. Total saving on usual shop price - twelve quid.

Proper chuffed.

^^^ this. The sweating over the various nephews and nieces Christmas presents now absolutely solved,thank you WRK.

They get one each and the wee bams can sit and watch Uncle a-p swear while transforming their random sheets of non-biodegradable plastic into works of 1:72 scale art. Then they get cut loose with the paintbrushes and make a complete c**t of all my hard work. Wee bams.

^^^ this. The sweating over the various nephews and nieces Christmas presents now absolutely solved,thank you WRK.

They get one each and the wee bams can sit and watch Uncle a-p swear while transforming their random sheets of non-biodegradable plastic into works of 1:72 scale art. Then they get cut loose with the paintbrushes and make a complete c**t of all my hard work. Wee bams.
The grandkids ain't getting anywhere near this beauty, don't you worry! They will, however, be getting a few starter sets from Aldi and Lidl*. Nice simple wee kits which might keep them quiet for a bit, and gently introduce the concept of delayed gratification.

*Both of which have had airfix sets at a fiver recently. Half price, so worth picking up if you fancy a go. All (well, some) paints, brush and cement included.

Guest Moomintroll
I've got stuck in a Motown wormhole on youtube.
Absolutely brilliant
That sounds utterly magnificent, I have a day off on the 30th, I now have a plan.

3 weeks of bevvying before Christmas. Man I miss uni. Enjoy brother 

How I wish it was that man. Three weeks of preparing for the wee ones Christmas with all the mad Christmas event Glasgow has to offer [emoji23] only decent one last year was the one when the Santa was legit from Lapland in braehead.

The grandkids ain't getting anywhere near this beauty, don't you worry! They will, however, be getting a few starter sets from Aldi and Lidl*. Nice simple wee kits which might keep them quiet for a bit, and gently introduce the concept of delayed gratification.

*Both of which have had airfix sets at a fiver recently. Half price, so worth picking up if you fancy a go. All (well, some) paints, brush and cement included.
Arrived today - going to be a joy to build.1575483857481.jpeg

The Christmas curry is booked for the 19th.

Next week I've Sgts Mess christmas dinner Tuesday evening then exchange (with the officers) drinks on Wednesday evening which means only working Monday and Thursday night   :) 

santa

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

The Christmas curry is booked for the 19th.

Next week I've Sgts Mess christmas dinner Tuesday evening then exchange (with the officers) drinks on Wednesday evening which means only working Monday and Thursday night   :) 

santa

Good to know our services are keeping us safe...every two days.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Good to know our services are keeping us safe...every two days.

This not the best time to tell you that I've two weeks off for Christmas then?? 

Worth every penny of your tax pounds me ;)

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm kinda half thinking that I'll get a Gannet at some point, but only if I can buy or cobble together appropriate markings for the one that was (is?) gate guardian at HMS Gannet at Prestwick. Beautifully ugly aircraft.

A Royal Navy anti-submarine aircraft, Australia, Germany & Indonesia also used them. Retired in 1978 by the R.N.

Only 300 were ever manufactured.

The kit I have has 2 sets of decals, German Navy & Royal Navy.

I really need to get round to building it, quite therapeutic.

Edited by Silverton End