SJC's Boat Thread

I'll be jogging home down the Union Canal towpath tonight, which boat is yours, I'll shout "DECE BOAT M8" at you if you let me know.

Will do. #DECEjogging #DECEboat ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Well, which one is yours? I'll verify for the P&B masses the state of your boat.

Is it the big purple one, I was running down the towpath once as it was steaming along and felt obliged to try and race it. I won 8) Not much of an achievement but hey ho

Well, which one is yours?  I'll verify for the P&B masses the state of your boat.

Is it the big purple one, I was running down the towpath once as it was steaming along and felt obliged to try and race it.  I won 8) Not much of an achievement but hey ho

Nah mate....that's the day cruiser for tourists going up & down the canal....its a wide beam & 60ft long.

Mine is moored near the "Leamington Wharf" huts on the opposite side from the towpath.

Well, which one is yours?

Is it the big purple one

MATRON! :o

Boat looks great, though. Do you live there on your tod? I'm not sure I could be doing with sharing it with anyone, but looks like a cracking pad to have all to yourself.

Edited by Drooper

When you go for a big satisfying shite, SJC, do you call it "dropping anchor in Pooh Bay"?

Funnily enough...no!

Feel it's worth pointing to those that frequent the Union canal that no raw sewage is discharged into it as SEPA wouldn't be too happy. #health&safety #SEPA #notopolution

MATRON! :o

Boat looks great, though.  Do you live there on your tod?  I'm not sure I could be doing with sharing it with anyone, but looks like a cracking pad to have all to yourself.

:lol: was a bit "carry on up th Union Canal" that!

Thanks. It definitely would be cramped for sharing imo.....luckily I have it all to myself.

Could sleep 4 comfortably enough though.

:lol: was a bit "carry on up th Union Canal" that!

Thanks. It definitely would be cramped for sharing imo.....luckily I have it all to myself.

Could sleep 4 comfortably enough though.

Looks superb.

I recently acquired a proper Man Shed, but I think I might have Narrow Boat Envy now :lol:

SJC, please don't think that you're off the hook quite yet, but living in a boat is actually quite...alpha :o #scenes

:lol: cheers mhak.

#rarepraisefrommak :P

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1370973535.435843.jpg

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1370973561.574536.jpg

So your neighbours then

Is good guy, good guy, w**k, good guy...?

That's the place! You even managed to get a pic with my boat in it!

lol...not met them all yet but the ones I have are pretty decent.

I've been told there's another P&Ber that lives on the canal....Hibs fans apparently!

A boat gypsy, is there a name for it? Or is it just boat gypsy? 

You can't really be classed as a gypsy when you have a residential mooring.

Would be a bit like calling everyone with a caravan in their driveway as a gypsy!

You can't really be classed as a gypsy when you have a residential mooring.

Would be a bit like calling everyone with a caravan in their driveway as a gypsy!

What's this mooring carry on? Is it basically paying rent?

What's this mooring carry on? Is it basically paying rent? 

If you have a boat on any of the canals you need to have a license for the boat which allows you to park (moor) the boat at any berth along the canal for a maximum of 2 weeks.....except a residential mooring, these are for sole use by those that lease them.

If you have a boat on any of the canals you need to have a license for the boat which allows you to park (moor) the boat at any berth along the canal for a maximum of 2 weeks.....except a residential mooring, these are for sole use by those that lease them.

Ah, I get it now. So do you have to move every two weeks? Or are you at one of those residential moorings?